Fashion Mumblr #18 Oh X-Mas tree, Oh X-Mas tree, 12ft seems too big to me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Note to the universe: If anyone I know has to resort to a 'Christmas Gift Guide' in order to buy me overpriced, unnecessary tat then please don't bother. Please make a donation to a food bank instead.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Hi everyone.. I'm new here.. have been reading all your posts for quite some time and I have a brilliant laugh...on the subject of dear Josie...well...I always thought what a lovely young lady she was and I always thoroughly enjoyed her vlogs on YouTube..I dont do Instagram at the moment but I might join in..anyway..since she and Char have moved out to the AONB I think shes changed an awful lot...it tickles me pink that she thinks that folk who live in the countryside flounce around in frilly frocks..fancy leather boots..big hats and sunglasses...I dont know what planet shes on...I had horses for 35 years and in those years I lived on a farm for 20 of them..I spent most of my days in jeans.. jodhpurs..Wellington boots and very often a headscarf.. if I'd gone off out to the horse or the cows in a fancy frock I'm sure I would have been locked up!...some of the stuff she comes out with realy boils my pee at times and gets on my tats...but it's all a good laugh..sadly she has become a bit of a twit...I was gobsmacked that she didnt know her fair isle from her cable..I left a comment on YouTube for her.. and she still got it wrong..for someone so much 'in the know' of fashion I found it incredible...and she bangs on about cashmere..I wish she'd do her homework on how its 'harvested'...i sometimes feel sorry for Char as I feel Josie wears the trousers..and those 2 lovely little dogs are just gorgeous..and I feel they are well loved and looked after...on one of her vlogs back in the summer she was in a field of sunflowers I think with Freddie..Josie had a frock and a bonnet on and she said 'I feel like a farmer'...huh..in all my years I'd never seen a farmer dressed like that..she really hadn't got a clue..what a nob...I think the Old Rectum is a lovely old house but fancy spending all that money on a semi..bugger that...I think she has more money than sense and at times find her displays of freebies and gifts quite vulgar...how can anyone want or need so many coats?...its a bit like that old saying 'you cant ride 2 horses with only one arse'...lol..she doesn't quite look the same either. I think it's her teeth...they were perfect as they were..now shes spoilt them..and all these brands that she endorses.. I would get so confused..well I've got that off my chest for now..toodle pip shipmates...hope you're all coping well as can he expected during our 2and lockdown here in the UK...blessings...MJ
Hi there and welcome 🌺!!! Your post is absolutely hillarious😂😂😂 Thanks for a good laugh !
Btw. I'm bored on a sunday evening and watching her Christmas Gift Guide. I wonder if she really bought the stuff or if those people sent them for free ....
Stay safe all of you !!!❤🍀☘

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes agreed. It is a nice idea.... and am glad she paid for the items. Is someone able to tell... did she make the links affiliate? Or just straight links? I think it’s in poor taste if she can’t support these business with free shout outs and not take some of their profit via link.
Straight up links by the looks of it but 2 companies have a discount code. She will probably get a commission from the sales

Attachments

Reactions: 12
Straight up links by the looks of it but 2 companies have a discount code. She will probably get a commission from the sales
Thank you Petty Betty Boop for proving my point. That video was not done out of gratitude for her viewers supporting her it was a monetised opportunity to make a few quid through that way or potentially through ebay or new things for only her to enjoy. Josephine we are not stupid don’t pull flankers or use emotion to convince your audience otherwise. You always trip yourself up, silly woman

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank you Petty Betty Boop for proving my point. That video was not done out of gratitude for her viewers supporting her it was a monetised opportunity to make a few quid through that way or potentially through ebay or new things for only her to enjoy. Josephine we are not stupid don’t pull flankers or use emotion to convince your audience otherwise. You always trip yourself up, silly woman
Not to white knight for her but a discount code isn't automatically affiliated. Yes, they can count the sales made through Josie but it could just be a code for her subscribers and to motivate her subscribers to buy from that vendor.
In this case I give her the benefit of the doubt.
I know a lot of YTers who have discount codes with brands but don't earn a commission. That may happen somewhat later, when the brand grows and the YTer still brings in a lot of sales.

Reactions: 9
Yep I agree. As much as I think she’s become a parody of herself and I can’t take her seriously anymore, this was a unique and good idea for her gift guide and if it’s sincere and genuine then she deserves credit for that.

Not to white knight for her but a discount code isn't automatically affiliated. Yes, they can count the sales made through Josie but it could just be a code for her subscribers and to motivate her subscribers to buy from that vendor.
In this case I give her the benefit of the doubt.
I know a lot of YTers who have discount codes with brands but don't earn a commission. That may happen somewhat later, when the brand grows and the YTer still brings in a lot of sales.
A fair point and possible too but I stand by my opinion of what motivated her to make it. Nothing bad on the items chosen, very nice companies on their own credit ❤

She may have showcased her followers and their businesses, but she has no shame in reposting all of her sheep and their bah bahs about how wonderful she is. Not including the businesses reposting her Grace. Also why does that sink look lopsided and dumb?
At a guess it wasn’t installed properly or that thing stuffed beside it in the gap isn’t helping or the entire frame isn’t exactly straight which might be due to the room than installation reasons. Hard to say really

Reactions: 7
This ho monetizing lockdown. She has no shame and no soul. She could have easily written about a fall fire, but no we all need cashmere while wallowing in our self-pity in lockdown. Out. Of. Fking. Touch. Unreal.
Ohhh lord - she has no idea! I am currently self-isolating for the second time in a month (the joys of being a teacher - one person goes, our whole bubble goes) and I am definitely not thinking about cashmere! Lots of us are still working through lockdown, Josie! And most of us can't afford cashmere loungewear to literally lounge about in...:rolleyes: just sayin'...

Also, I haven't watched her for ages because I just couldn't make myself listen to her waffling on any more, but I've had a quick glance through the thread and it is gratifying to know that nothing has changed...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
There’s definitely a different side that comes out when Josie has to part with her own money. No one wants to be screwed over in a scam but she definitely didnt have the same sweetness and light persona today in her IG stories with the PayPal situation. She is a shrewd business woman who won’t lose a penny. Ironic when she tried to scam her own followers with Zimmermangate.

• Angry
Reactions: 16
There’s definitely a different side that comes out when Josie has to part with her own money. No one wants to be screwed over in a scam but she definitely didnt have the same sweetness and light persona today in her IG stories with the PayPal situation. She is a shrewd business woman who won’t lose a penny. Ironic when she tried to scam her own followers with Zimmermangate.
Yes, that is why a free 1500 coat is a good investment but a 49 pound paying Zara coat is expensive !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Paypal protects you if you mail an invoice and provide proof of mailing. Obviously you will have to pay a percentage of your sale to paypal.

I thought her PayPal wasn’t working because that’s why she doesn’t use depop or something along those lines? I can’t keep up with all the bs 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Paypal protects you if you mail an invoice and provide proof of mailing. Obviously you will have to pay a percentage of your sale to paypal.

I thought her PayPal wasn’t working because that’s why she doesn’t use depop or something along those lines? I can’t keep up with all the bs 😂
Omg I thought the same too!! Didn't we think she got banned?

Also cross Kate Spade off your Christmas list. They paid for her carbon footprint to prance around NYC in 2017. Keep your trash over there please, we have enough entitled YTers. If I see she is over here ever again, I’m going to make #deportjosie trend.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.