Fashion Mumblr #18 Oh X-Mas tree, Oh X-Mas tree, 12ft seems too big to me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think that whole choir segment came across as particularly racist, but it did come across as lazy and ignorant...it wouldn’t have taken five minutes for her to do a couple of quick Google searches to get her facts straight, about the choir, about the Lion King and the provenance of its music etc. rather than blathering on about “Africa” as if it’s a country, rather than an enormous continent with many different cultures and languages. If you really were so worried about how you came across, wouldn’t you just do a quick Google check and then film and say “heard this amazing choir, and I’ve just been learning a bit about x and y”?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don’t think that whole choir segment came across as particularly racist, but it did come across as lazy and ignorant...it wouldn’t have taken five minutes for her to do a couple of quick Google searches to get her facts straight, about the choir, about the Lion King and the provenance of its music etc. rather than blathering on about “Africa” as if it’s a country, rather than an enormous continent with many different cultures and languages. If you really were so worried about how you came across, wouldn’t you just do a quick Google check and then film and say “heard this amazing choir, and I’ve just been learning a bit about x and y”?
That doesn’t apply to her as she thinks she knows everything. A few of holidays there and she’s an honorary “citizen” she likes to portray. That is said for other places ie Barcelona vlog. She is well and truly based on her travel vlogs and the things she comes out with one of those people who wherever they go they are one of the locals not a tourist when it fact their admissions of the place proves exactly they are a tourist and the one we would avoid. Her lack of humility and her huge ego is what always trips her up with her viewers. Not to mention she is extremely cocky. She forgets that there are some that know more than her. Her insistance of being so well travelled is embarrassing when she does travel vlogs by her lack of correct pronunciation, basic facts and knowledge such as the fact South Africa has 11 official languages and about 35 if not more languages. Xhosa is the LANGUAGE which has clicks it is not dialect. All evaluated by her own words and actions. What an ignorant muppet.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That doesn’t apply to her as she thinks she knows everything. A few of holidays there and she’s an honorary “citizen” she likes to portray. That is said for other places ie Barcelona vlog. She is well and truly based on her travel vlogs and the things she comes out with one of those people who wherever they go they are one of the locals not a tourist when it fact their admissions of the place proves exactly they are a tourist
Exactly, but how can you learn about a destination if all you do is shopping and eating out - consuming instead of learning or really getting to know a place, its history, how the people live there etc.?
But she cannot even really meet the locals in the Cotswolds, let alone a foreign country.
This is what happens if all you're concerned about is your 25 daily outfits and your 150 pair of shoes and jewelry you take with you to set yourself apart from the locals and show your wealth to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Isn’t most of her audience “conservative” old women? Isn’t that Trump audience. I wonder how they will react.
As far as I remember, and I would have to watch the flog again, Josie very cleverly did not say which party she supports. I didn't hear her say she was pro Biden OR pro Trump. She said "fingers crossed" but not which party her fingers were crossed for. So she is just hedging her bets and all of her American sheep can think she is talking about whichever party they like. And I'm quite sure she couldn't actually care less - she is just showing fake interest in what she knows concerns all Americans at the moment.

• Heart
  • Sick
As far as I remember, and I would have to watch the flog again, Josie very cleverly did not say which party she supports. I didn't hear her say she was pro Biden OR pro Trump. She said "fingers crossed" but not which party her fingers were crossed for. So she is just hedging her bets and all of her American sheep can think she is talking about whichever party they like. And I'm quite sure she couldn't actually care less - she is just showing fake interest in what she knows concerns all Americans at the moment.
She posted on Instagram yesterday with some trump in jail gif, not sure if anyone else saw it? I just checked and she’s deleted it.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I’m sure given time and the right timing we will discover Josephine is a direct descendent of George Washington no less, a convenient time and association 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Even mentioning it wasn't clever on her part, she even said you don’t discuss politics openly as it causes divisions so why go against that Josephine? You are not American unless suddenly you are a dual citizen. Why the ultra concern for their politics? I understand it’s fascinating and somehow the UK does get affected by it but not as much as she is behaving. She is behaving as if it’s so emotional and Boris will have a co-ruler any time soon.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
To be fair, I think it’s the Abu Dhabi blog - it’s one where she’s in the desert with Chibby - she says how against trump she is.

Reactions: 7
Oh, god, with the choir, take a chill pill woman, stop the ramblings!
Also im thinking get you hormones checked

Sorry, everyone, just watched, had to get it out

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I have been very busy and haven't watched any of her videos in about a month, nor have I read in this forum.
Yesterday I got bored while watching the election (sorry to bring it up yet again 😂 ) and thought I'd check her out, but I was so put off by the title of the video that I didn't even watch the video.

Prepare for lockdown? Really, prepare for lockdown???
As someone who works from home anyway, orders nearly everything already, owns a big car and doesn't need to deal with public transport, doesn't have any kids to homeschool or care for when schools and kindergartens close? No, as far as we know, close relatives in care homes? No job that suddenly needs to be done from home again, maybe without having a real home office space?

I can't bring myself to watch it and I won't.

PS: The reason I didn't have time for Josie was because I got married and I had a beautiful tiny wedding with just a handful of guests and safety measures in place. It was wonderful despite the pandemic and despite lacking a lion king flashmob.

EDIT: With that coat falling off she looks like Robbie Williams in that Back for good video 😂
CONGRATULATIONS !!! ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ Wishing you and your partner the very best.

Josie and her African choir, trolls will call her racist, lion king flash mob blah blah blah spiel ... FAKE FAKE FAKE. FAKETY FAKE FAKE FAKE.
JACKASS.

We all prepare for lockdown by going for a session at the gym and a quick swim at the pool, and then a visit to the garden centre for a photoshoot. For all the crap that comes out of this fool's mouth, it's a wonder she can cross the street by herself.

Josie seems the type who would, in private, be a Trump supporter but in public put on a front ...

I knew it Lockdown We Need to Talk 2.0 ala Lion King. Nothing wrong with having love for African music, culture and the people. You are definitely not alone there, I married a gorgeous Zimbabwean. Lived in South Africa for 9 years then returned to England 5 years ago. Some of my happiest years were there with hubby. However Josephine, if it helps Lebo M did the music along side Hans Zimmer. Lebo M is a fantastic music producer from South Africa he was recommended by Hans Zimmer. He conducted the choir that sang alongside musical arrangements for the score. That’s coming from a “troll” as you so politely put in your video. Chill out darling lockdown is hard for everybody more so those who are dying from it.... something to remember before snapping at your audience especially when there have been serious eyebrows raised in the past for some of your previous comments. Hypocrisy never looks good 😉
❤ ❤ ❤
Sidenote : South African here !!! We are immensely proud of Lebo M, so happy you mentioned him.

As someone who’s actually living in South Africa we don’t want any association with her. We would very much like to be excluded from the narrative and the shitshow her wedding will be 😂
I am being forward here and would like to speak on behalf of Kenya too; none of us would like anything from our culture being used as a prop in her wedding.
As a fellow South African, I am in absolute agreement on this. We shall steer her in the direction of the Arctic where the air is crisp enough for her to wear one of her many many favourite coats over her wedding dress and the snow as white as ... snow ?
And fortunately for us, as far away as possible from Africa.
Maybe the Aussies will take her ... ??? No ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
[QUOTE="Namima, post: 2839076, member]❤ ❤ ❤
Sidenote : South African here !!! We are immensely proud of Lebo M, so happy you mentioned him.

As a fellow South African, I am in absolute agreement on this. We shall steer her in the direction of the Arctic where the air is crisp enough for her to wear one of her many many favourite coats over her wedding dress and the snow as white as ... snow ?
And fortunately for us, as far away as possible from Africa.
Maybe the Aussies will take her ... ??? No ?
[/QUOTE]

❤❤❤ More people should hear his masterpieces. I’m sure Josephine has been to Australia and no doubt another “honorary citizenship” to add to her collection to insist look at me aren’t I epic?! Didn’t I have more memories there than you mere mortals?!! Hyacinth Bucket’s granddaughter Hydrangea 😂🤣😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m sure given time and the right timing we will discover Josephine is a direct descendent of George Washington no less, a convenient time and association 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Even mentioning it wasn't clever on her part, she even said you don’t discuss politics openly as it causes divisions so why go against that Josephine? You are not American unless suddenly you are a dual citizen. Why the ultra concern for their politics? I understand it’s fascinating and somehow the UK does get affected by it but not as much as she is behaving. She is behaving as if it’s so emotional and Boris will have a co-ruler any time soon.
To be fair, I'm pretty bothered about the outcome of the election and I'm in the UK! The difference is, Josie doesn't strike me as someone who is overly interested in politics, as far as I know she's never been particularly vocal about voting in UK general elections like some influencers are; I don't expect them to share their political stance but at least raise some awareness. I guess she's on about the election because the majority of her viewers are American and she thinks it's the Thing To Talk About for now, so she's doing it. No meaning behind it, just like everything else vaguely socially conscious that comes up. I had a right giggle about some of her answers to comments on her video with the choir segment, saying how whatever she says or does she's labelled racist. Well, a) she probably is and, b) she definitely reads here!!

To be fair, I'm pretty bothered about the outcome of the election and I'm in the UK! The difference is, Josie doesn't strike me as someone who is overly interested in politics, as far as I know she's never been particularly vocal about voting in UK general elections like some influencers are; I don't expect them to share their political stance but at least raise some awareness. I guess she's on about the election because the majority of her viewers are American and she thinks it's the Thing To Talk About for now, so she's doing it. No meaning behind it, just like everything else vaguely socially conscious that comes up. I had a right giggle about some of her answers to comments on her video with the choir segment, saying how whatever she says or does she's labelled racist. Well, a) she probably is and, b) she definitely reads here!!
I agree with you although I would hazard a guess she would be one of the types who mourned Thatcher’s passing and votes for any party that keeps the rich rich and to hell with all the peasants. Of course I could be wrong and be happy to proven wrong but I think that is her style of politics. I do think influencers need to leave the politics out of their brands as its bad enough conversation if they want to remain neutral. They should always remain neutral if their job is to sell things to the general public. Just my opinion

Reactions: 16
I agree with you although I would hazard a guess she would be one of the types who mourned Thatcher’s passing and votes for any party that keeps the rich rich and to hell with all the peasants. Of course I could be wrong and be happy to proven wrong but I think that is her style of politics. I do think influencers need to leave the politics out of their brands as its bad enough conversation if they want to remain neutral. They should always remain neutral if their job is to sell things to the general public. Just my opinion
I would guess she would be more aligned to the conservatives. I don't think she would admit it on her channel though. I agree they should not talk about politics.

Reactions: 11
Maybe she is thinking of selling t shirts branded with »josie for president ». Considering they (t-shirt) are selling in the us!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
video - she films two videos, goes to a garden center to buy plants, eats mac and cheese with cauliflower. takes the dogs and charlie for a walk, has burgers and chips for dinner. and shows us her new christmas tree and the mess she created.

• Haha
She has a specila fork for the dog food, but puts the dog food in the cupboard!!! Tinned food needs to go in a fridge, unless it is 3° in that back room!

And then she doesn’t even wash it, dogs can get food poisoning too!

• Wow
video - she films two videos, goes to a garden center to buy plants, eats mac and cheese with cauliflower. takes the dogs and charlie for a walk, has burgers and chips for dinner. and shows us her new christmas tree and the mess she created.
I hope it was filmed before the current Lockdown,as I am sure plants are not classed as essential shopping.

Reactions: 7
I hope it was filmed before the current Lockdown,as I am sure plants are not classed as essential shopping.
Garden centres are open.

So over bloggers like Josie and Frow talking politics when we know they don't have the foggiest what they are talking about.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.