Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Julia123

VIP Member
I've noticed that we have a totally different definition of old money.

I looked it up and the definition is: the inherited wealth of established upper-class families (i.e. gentry, patriciate)" or "a person, family, or lineage possessing inherited wealth".

So Charlie isn't old money but new money, as his father may be very rich, but his money isn't passed down through generations and there is also another element besides just being rich: you also have to belong to the "right kind of family" and that is mostly upper class or aristocracy in the UK and the continent. This last part makes me doubt that even Paris Hilton will be seen as old money in Europe tbh.
Sooo I can’t speak for England but I’m from an old money east coast family. Now granted most of the old money is diluted by generations of passing it down. I grew up with formal dining and silver tea sets and country clubs etc. And I live in an area where our home is under a million but there is an 8m house and several 5m houses on my street. All of my family and most of the people on my street look like completely normal well educated well mannered down to earth people. They may have nice cars and homes but they do not walk around with Chloe and other branding slapped across their shoes. My own father is the most frugal and worst dresser on the planet. And sadly worst tipper. So I think old money whispers so they say and sometimes it’s really hard to tell the grumpy cheap person is wealthy or not. There is something called tact and taste that Josie lacks so I don’t feel the elegance of growing up with wealth with her. I think just a well to do parent. Now I could tell from the go that Amelia is from wealth. The way her mother carries herself and how she may wear designer, it’s not a constant sell out of her soul to get it. That’s just my 2 cents.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

StockPhotoScientist

Uh... I have no idea what we're allowed and not allowed to say here, so I suppose someone can flag this but: Trump is racist trash, and anybody who votes for him is also racist. It's not a "personal decision" who to vote for - it influences the entire rest of the country - all the other human beings around you. Same is obviously true in the UK where Boris Johnson represents a similar kind of right-wing xenophobia. Same in Poland I presume, and in Brazil - all countries where extreme right-wingers are in power. It's a terrifying historical moment to live through for anyone who doesn't care for a slide into fascism-lite.

But I guess to stay on-topic - I do think that Josie is pandering to a white Southern US conservative base, which I find absolutely bizarre, as I very much doubt that is her personal politics or Charlies'. Selling one's soul for a 500 quid toothbrush and a bunch of literal Karens: it's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 25

Jj241

She is so full of sh*t...yes Josie cream Prada espadrilles costing £395 really are practical for your new countryside lifestyle, especially for "walking through fields". 🙄🙄🙄 Seriously what is she on about?!? 😂😂😂

What is this "countryside lifestyle" ? Being self-obsessed, "going for a walk" around your own garden and going to Soho Farmhouse?! This girl does NOT know what she's talking about.

Also is it just me who doesn't plan specific outfits for "around the house" or "popping to the shop to grab some milk". I love clothes, I love fashion, but I just don't get it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Iris1969

VIP Member
Well I still think his family is old money .. they act like clowns but if you follow the family members they go on lavish vacations , and live in a elite neighborhood and they always have since he was a child.. Paris Hilton is old money and she’s a damn clown .. old money doesn’t mean instant class or elegance. I’ve been around old money who dress like homeless and drink all day.. besides that how is he affording anything ? One sponsorship ? What about the flat in London ? They are remodeling that . His family have always had a ton of money it’s all over his sisters and mothers Instagram .. upper middle class or middle class cannot just blow thousands in one day shopping week after week. He’s an idiot regardless.
I've noticed that we have a totally different definition of old money.

I looked it up and the definition is: the inherited wealth of established upper-class families (i.e. gentry, patriciate)" or "a person, family, or lineage possessing inherited wealth".

So Charlie isn't old money but new money, as his father may be very rich, but his money isn't passed down through generations and there is also another element besides just being rich: you also have to belong to the "right kind of family" and that is mostly upper class or aristocracy in the UK and the continent. This last part makes me doubt that even Paris Hilton will be seen as old money in Europe tbh.

StockPhotoScientist

Okay I finally watched the Mejuri video and these shoes are AWFUL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Her expression here accidentally echoes my feeling about them.

[No offense to anyone who owns them. I just think they are very social climby with that giant logo on the front, there's no actual design to them, and yet she's talking them up so hard. Classic, elevates your look, etc etc.]

1595882435655.png

Edited to add: and THESE. "Not in-your-face designer"!!!! They say "Chloe" in like 80 point font!

1595883092432.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick

Yuni

No hairdresser but she's on the drink again. 😁View attachment 195702
Ok it's rant time for me.
Seeing that pic I started thinking how all those influencers ended up being so detached from reality. Most of them were ordinary girls, a bit vain, coming from different backgrounds, others were privileged and others not so much. Most of them were inadequately educated and ignorant so starting a blog or a YouTube channel seemed like a very good idea to gain some pocket money. As time passed by, some of them managed to get a substantial number of subscribers, through good looks, some basic filming and editing skills and luck.
Brands noticed them and seeing the opportunity of cheap advertising, showered them with products, pr lunches in fancy places and luxury pr trips in places and hotels most of them would not afford to stay in. They took them all over Europe, USA and many beautiful exotic places. They filled their hotel rooms with products and took them to fancy restaurants. Those girls, being vain and uneducated, believed that this is the real world. They got accustomed to the luxury and now they are prepared to do anything and to promote anyone as long as they stay on their pr list. They are afraid they will lose the luxuries they have become accustomed to and now that Covid 19 is hitting every economy on the planet, they are afraid they will lose their life of leisure. I can sense it in Josie. She desperately needs to promote as many things as possible because she is afraid the ride is coming to an end. That's why she always seem anxious and tense and why she attacks everyone who questions her way of making money.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick

notsoposh

VIP Member
Uh... I have no idea what we're allowed and not allowed to say here, so I suppose someone can flag this but: Trump is racist trash, and anybody who votes for him is also racist. It's not a "personal decision" who to vote for - it influences the entire rest of the country - all the other human beings around you. Same is obviously true in the UK where Boris Johnson represents a similar kind of right-wing xenophobia. Same in Poland I presume, and in Brazil - all countries where extreme right-wingers are in power. It's a terrifying historical moment to live through for anyone who doesn't care for a slide into fascism-lite.

But I guess to stay on-topic - I do think that Josie is pandering to a white Southern US conservative base, which I find absolutely bizarre, as I very much doubt that is her personal politics or Charlies'. Selling one's soul for a 500 quid toothbrush and a bunch of literal Karens: it's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it!
I agree! Charlie was very vocal about his dislike for Trump, while Josie didn’t want to disturb the bee hive. Her audience is the conservative, Trump loving gang. She is dressing up for them and catering to their likes in her videos. Hence the cooking and pretending to be a posh English Rose. She is nothing but a businesswoman.

• Sick
Reactions: 23

Starrylove

It is infuriating that her followers are so blind to her obvious insincerity. It's not even like we're here picking on tiny things and criticizing. I could even understand someone saying that that wasn't right. But she is constantly being dishonest and is lying so much , it's hard to keep up.
Many wrote they didn't want a haul because of everything going on now but she does one and it's things we've already seen while she is advertising a jewellery brand WITHOUT being open about it. Someone already commented about that before. It's like she's incapable of being open and honest. What's her problem ? I honestly don't get it.
I also remembered when she did the Chanel bag unboxing. That was when I was still a subscriber. There was some fuss I vaguely remember about her not saying that it was gifted. From Xupes. But in the video the impression was that she had bought it. She had to clear that up in the next vlog or something like that. I remember being confused as to why she wasn't open about it. I don't wish anyone ill but I deeply dislike anyone being successful by means of lying and cheating. In the long run it's going to do her damage...
I was obsessed with her, and then when she moved something felt weird to me, I was so annoyed at how she kept saying she “wasn’t doing a house tour” instead revealing rooms slowly, and in my opinion that’s because she wants people to keep watching, and if she uploaded this grand tour it’d get a lot of views but people would probably not watch the moving vlogs. And then all these hauls was the last straw for me, them throwing all this expensive home items and then she started showing all these designer clothes and I just couldn’t.She acts like she’s this great person and so kind but honestly she’s the opposite. She’s trying so hard to put off this kindness it’s so pushy and overcompensating. I found this forum on accident when googling her (I was curious how she had so much money) and I found this and I’m so thankful I did because it’s opened my eyes so much(so long sorry)

• Heart
  • Sick

Juliexyz

Chatty Member
She is so full of sh*t...yes Josie cream Prada espadrilles costing £395 really are practical for your new countryside lifestyle, especially for "walking through fields". 🙄🙄🙄 Seriously what is she on about?!? 😂😂😂

What is this "countryside lifestyle" ? Being self-obsessed, "going for a walk" around your own garden and going to Soho Farmhouse?! This girl does NOT know what she's talking about.

Also is it just me who doesn't plan specific outfits for "around the house" or "popping to the shop to grab some milk". I love clothes, I love fashion, but I just don't get it.
Hi there and welcome !😀
I'm half way through her insufferable blabbing of todays vlog and you took the words out of my mouth... she's so clueless. The nonsense that comes out of her mouth, it's hard to catch up.
The white designer espadrilles she calls "investing in more timeless things" ..... living in the countryside...and talking again about " ME ME ME" and " MY countryside lifestyle " and now that I live " in the countryside " and more of that self centred talk.
How is any of that relatable to her followers ????
And , that pink jacket IS fine for city life as well sweetie ! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
The Chloe flip flops - " they are not in-your-face designer " ???? You don't say ? With the huge brand name across....

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
At first I thought it was possible Freddy had the "deal" for the gifted manicure and Josie tagged along and paid for hers. But then someone on this site posted a viewer comment about how she should have paid for the treatment after the salons have been struggling. She smugly replied that she tipped the amount of the service so it's a win-win. (I would have hoped she would not only pay for the service, but ALSO tip huge and give free press. But maybe that was in regards to the massage? Anyways... people like Josie will never feel they are doing anything wrong and will always play victim.

Exactly - I don't believe for one second that this shop-aholic has NEVER EVER ordered from My Theresa let alone worked with them. And then, poof, precisely when her photographer is about to arrive to do a paid for My Theresa photo shoot with Charlie who is tagging it as such. She gets a HUGE order of very high priced luxury items that she puts in her car and shoots with all day. And Charlie rarely gets big deals and just cooincidently she's tagging along with his shoot and LEAPING out of her car into the most beautiful random field of all time to shoot a photo. Now she's saying she may not keep the prada bag. It all STINKS and this can't be within the guidelines, right?

When will we EVER see this dark brown skirt again - I predict NEVER

And she looks like a TOOL standing on a wall like this, lol

View attachment 193811
I don't know about you, but when I spend £1500 on a skirt, the first thing I do is hop up on my nearest wall

• Haha

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
"Darlings, welcome to a new thread. Always remember: one can not simply just own 1 basket bag. You must OWN 50+ to fit in the Cotswolds."

20200726_122435.jpg

20200726_121120.jpg

For past TL;DR/scandals please see attached pictures (Thanks @Vanessajenkins).

View all threads - https://tattle.life/tags/fashionmumblr/

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Woo_63

Chatty Member
I was watching the vlog and my husband asked "is that girl related to Peter Crouch"? 🤣🤣🤣
Love him (my husband not Peter Crouch obviously).
Same dentist perhaps?

20200801_224946.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22