Family Fizz #8 another day, another nation. Kids still get no education

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s definitely possible that she is struggling, especially if the rumors are true about the photos. She had issues back in Dec. that were upsetting, plus they up & left a place where she had finally made friends. I feel sorry for her.

Reactions: 13
Its just horrible watching what they do to mia. They’ve completed isolated her. Shes got no education. She gets ripped away from her friends every few months because her parents get ‘bored’. Its just so heartbreaking because youtube, shopping and eating isnt going to keep her entertained forever. And god think about how much worse it’ll be for Karma and Koa. They’ll probably never even experience education. I just dont think georgie and darren see the damage they’re doing

• Sad
Reactions: 26
And she’s been cut off from her Dad and her 1/2 siblings 😢
Right? Finding your identity at her age also involves coming to terms with who you really are and where you come from. You can't pretend you don't have a bio dad you don't see. Kids who are adopted also struggle in young adulthood and this is when they want to find their biological parents, etc. your biology is so much a part of your identity at a young age, for better or worse!!

Reactions: 10
And she’s been cut off from her Dad and her 1/2 siblings 😢
It must be awful for her dad having to watch her grow up through social media and YouTube videos and not be able to be close to her and talk to her. Mia posting about how she was feeling low on her Instagram story and then those videos in Costa Rica were her mood was low and she was upset just shows that deep down she isn’t that happy and it’s such a shame she doesn’t want her dad in her life cause he could not only give her normality away from a life on social media but she’s his daughter who he cares about so he would be able to support her and be someone different she could talk to about what’s making her unhappy.

• Sad
It must be awful for her dad having to watch her grow up through social media and YouTube videos and not be able to be close to her and talk to her. Mia posting about how she was feeling low on her Instagram story and then those videos in Costa Rica were her mood was low and she was upset just shows that deep down she isn’t that happy and it’s such a shame she doesn’t want her dad in her life cause he could not only give her normality away from a life on social media but she’s his daughter who he cares about so he would be able to support her and be someone different she could talk to about what’s making her unhappy.
I think it's hard to come to terms with in blended families as well, like that your siblings' dad is there with them and loves them unconditionally, etc. and while he also loves Mia I'm sure, it's different to know that you have a dad out there who you don't see, and don't have a relationship with. It's hard to compare. A stepparent can be so much of a good influence in your life but usually they don't (emotionally) replace your actual parent.

Reactions: 6
I’m not saying Mia’s dad isn’t a good person but you never know what goes on behind closed doors

I’m not saying Mia’s dad isn’t a good person but you never know what goes on behind closed doors
I agree you never know what goes on behind closed doors and none of us know the full story from both sides but in my opinion her dad couldn’t of done anything that awful or serious cause for him to put himself out there so publicly he would have to be so honest and have nothing to hide cause things would of come to light or people who know of him or know him personally could also of come out publicity and said negative things about him. He said he was so confused and sad cause he didn’t understand why she cut him out of her life so either Mia has a completely different story were she feels he said or did something really bad or he did nothing wrong but Mia has a grudge for no good reason. I just hope that her reason for not wanting him in her life is a good reason that she won’t regret the choice she made cause I personally thought her dad came across very open and nice but like you said none of us know what goes on behind closed doors. There was a video from maybe last year I think it was on Mia’s channel not sure but she said ‘ my real dad has problems’ so either there’s stuff we don’t know about or Georgie has been making up stuff but either way I just feel sorry for Mia a bit.

I really hope Mia moves out when she turns 18 this year. Darren and Georgie are toxic.

I really hope Mia moves out when she turns 18 this year. Darren and Georgie are toxic.
I partially agree. She does need to get away from them but unfortunately has a very sheltered view of the world because of how her parents raised her. If she did just move out she’d likely end up struggling to adjust as her lack of education and social skills puts her at a higher risk of being taken advantage of. I hope G&D do bother to teach her some life skills before she decides she’s bored of living with them and leaves. Otherwise I can’t imagine her having a very good time.

Reactions: 14
To be honest, I’m not certain she really wants to move and settle down somewhere. I recall her saying a while ago that she wants to travel, she may just travel on her own at some point. Which can be an amazing experience, but you also have to be mindful when traveling alone, especially as a woman.

I just wonder what she's going to do with all of her money when she turns 18 and gets access... yikes.

I just wonder what she's going to do with all of her money when she turns 18 and gets access... yikes.
Her parents might still control her money until she’s 21. I don’t know for sure but I know a few people who’s parents controlled how much they would get from their savings until they were 21. G&D might do the same so they can keep her for longer and control her a bit longer.

Also seems like she won’t manage money well like I thought she would in the past, like in the Gran Canaria days where Georgie would take the girls out and give them a bit of cash to teach them when to save and when to spend it or if it was important enough to buy and actually manage it. But now they just see their parents spend money left and right and not caring about what they buy and just throw it away like it’s nothing even with the gifts they get.

Reactions: 19
Her parents might still control her money until she’s 21. I don’t know for sure but I know a few people who’s parents controlled how much they would get from their savings until they were 21. G&D might do the same so they can keep her for longer and control her a bit longer.

Also seems like she won’t manage money well like I thought she would in the past, like in the Gran Canaria days where Georgie would take the girls out and give them a bit of cash to teach them when to save and when to spend it or if it was important enough to buy and actually manage it. But now they just see their parents spend money left and right and not caring about what they buy and just throw it away like it’s nothing even with the gifts they get.
And don't forget it needs to be designer brands, god forbid she buys something that isnt Stella McCartney.. so minimalist

Reactions: 5
Mia would have no idea how to manage Monday because her parents don’t allow her to have access to any money now. In multiple videos where she has gotten treatments/piercings she’s called her parents to come pay for it when she’s finished. I’m not saying she should be given all her money, but I definitely think she should have a debit card with an allowance every month to help her learn the value of money and how to manage her money

Reactions: 21
Long time lurker but first post!
Georgie and Darren’s parenting has gone dramatically downhill in the last few years. Before that they were living an alternative lifestyle that wasn’t for everyone, but they seemed to have their children’s best interests at heart. Now it’s anything but that. The kids have been put through so much instability that is inevitably damaging to their mental health and development. The minute they get settled somewhere they abandon everything and leave; I can imagine that must feel quite traumatising as a child.
Georgie is immature, appears jealous of her eldest daughter, often ignores Sienna, and really indulges Karma and especially Koa. She’s behaving in an inappropriate and unhinged way e.g. the twerking in public. Darren seems like a conspiracy theorist nut e.g. not using toothpaste and I don’t like the way he treats Mia.
Mia has really been ruined by her parents. She has no useful education and has been kept completely isolated. Imagine her in an international school trying to do something like an IB or A Levels - she wouldn’t be able to cope. Not saying that formal education is for everyone, but she wouldn’t even be able to manage an apprenticeship or a job. Her parents have really screwed her up with a lack of education and qualifications. She comes across as immature and poorly adjusted, which isn’t her fault, and it’s sad to see that when she’d finally begun to make friends she’s been moved away from them again. I don’t know enough about the situation with her biological dad to comment, but that also seems upsetting for her.
Sienna is such a sweet child, but she looks unhealthy and it’s terrible that her parents are basically unschooling her. Her writing etc. looks like that of a child of 5, and she’ll be 11 this year. Really she needs to be put back in either formal education or a homeschooling program right now before she gets too far behind, but of course her parents won’t do that for her. She’s often overlooked in the family.
Karma is very spoilt and hasn’t learnt to behave properly at all, which is becoming more and more evident as she gets older. She’ll probably never experience education and so these behaviours will be perpetuated and she’ll become insufferable.
Koa is clearly the most favoured by Georgie and Darren as he’s a boy, which sends an awful sexist message to the kids and the viewers. He’s going to turn out like Karma from a lack of discipline or positive parenting.
Overall I think there need to be so many more strict rules on family vloggers and what they depict/promote, because so many of them just exploit their children online. Hopefully now that they’re based back in the UK the problem of three under-18s (Mia, Sienna and Karma) being out of education will be cracked down on, but I’m doubtful as they’ll surely just jet off somewhere else the minute they get bored of the UK. It’s an unhealthy and unstable life for children as they’re not even ‘experiencing and benefitting from’ the cultures of these foreign countries, learning the languages etc. Instead they’re being dragged around the world at the whims of their parents and isolated from any good influences in their lives. No blame goes to any of the kids, they’re the ones who have to suffer the consequences of this awful parenting.

Reactions: 21
Mia would have no idea how to manage Monday because her parents don’t allow her to have access to any money now. In multiple videos where she has gotten treatments/piercings she’s called her parents to come pay for it when she’s finished. I’m not saying she should be given all her money, but I definitely think she should have a debit card with an allowance every month to help her learn the value of money and how to manage her money
I think the issue here is they move all over the world so would have to open a bank account for each country which wouldn’t be possible on their tourist visas. They probably just spend on a credit card hence why she needs Darren to come pay for everything. They may live abroad jetting off to all these countries but they are not really “living” there when relying on UK bank accounts and credit cards.

Reactions: 7
In terms of Mia, regardless of where they live I hope she maintains her Spanish language skills. Listening to her speak in Mexico & Costa Rica she really advanced her skills. It would be a shame to lose them, as they can benefit her in so many ways.

Reactions: 12
It saddens me they really don’t have a place to call home. Of course traveling around the world is fun and exciting but there’s just times where you wanna have a place and call it home, a familiar place, your comfort place even if it’s a safe place. I think it would be really good if they have that instead of just having rented homes all the times and can never keep their things even if they want the things..

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
It saddens me they really don’t have a place to call home. Of course traveling around the world is fun and exciting but there’s just times where you wanna have a place and call it home, a familiar place, your comfort place even if it’s a safe place. I think it would be really good if they have that instead of just having rented homes all the times and can never keep their things even if they want the things..

I concur, they really need a place to call their home. A place where they live a good chunk of the time, then they can travel on trips to visit other countries for a short visit. I thought Costa Rica was finally going to be that place, but who knows what will happen now.

Reactions: 8