Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nnrr46

I know of a famous lady (melissa joan hart) who sends her kids to school and even helps within the school too. These lot are not famous nor do they have enough money to live off. The kids all should be in school and learning. If they dont want to do further education after 18 then so be it, but they need structure and routine especially karma
Completely agree. Even the Royal Family, Beckhams, Kardashians still send the children to school. Most wealthy people send their children to private school or boarding school so they get the best education possible. Without education you are much more limited to what you can achieve in life, its not all about money.

Reactions: 22

selestia

The guy have clearly done nothing wrong and only looked because his girlfriend told him she recognised Mia and he looked because of his girlfriend. Of course Mia didn’t know before it was commented but she zoomed in on his face and made it look like he’s some kind of pervert that look at children’s bodies and her fans are all feeding into it.

She’s literally putting a random man’s face on the internet where her thousands of fans can see and label him as a pervert or even worse. This man was going on with his day with his gf and Mia decided to post this pic that she didn’t need to or blur out his face if she wanted to post it but she didn’t. She decided to plaster this man’s face all over the internet and label him as a pervert as I said and all his friends, family and possible work place can see this and might think what is going on. It have happened with others and can happen to him now. She just doesn’t think before posting.

• Sad

SiennaRae

Chatty Member
Obviously, the kids not receiving an education is terrible. Children deserve every opportunity possible to learn, grow and develop. But the thing I have the biggest problem with, is their attitude towards it. Mia saying that people only do their GCSEs to get a job and earn money and claiming she doesn't need to do that because she already has money is just ignorant in my opinion. Her attitude towards education is disgusting but I cant blame her because she is being brainwashed by her parents

OliviaPope

I am not G or D, nor am I a secret Fizz Fam fan. I enjoyed them early in their Youtube years, then stopped watching them for a while. I only started watching them again in 20’ after they couldn’t go back to Dubai. However, I haven’t watched them since their video on why they “had to leave CR”. I don’t feel as though they were being honest to their fans nor fair to their children. Also, who knows what really happened with rumours regarding Mia. @Lufia, no my family didn’t follow any specific curriculum when I was homeschooling. My idea of homeschooling/unschooling is very different, and I will leave it there. I did finish schooling, but my schooling was very different compared to what people here feel school should be for children. We did meet up at times with other children in the area, but all the families had a different method of schooling. The reason why I get defensive is because I view education and many other things very differently compared to most people here. Do I agree with everything FF does? No, of course not. There are many things that bother me about them and the choices they make. However, there are many things I do agree with. One of them is moving away from being dependent on the system everyone lives under, and working to become more self sufficient and less dependent on the system.
The difference here which you can not grasp is all these social media parents that “homeschool” these children are being exploiting on the internet for money so they don’t have to get a job themselves.

In this case G&D had a YouTube channel Vegan Fitness, but wasn’t until they brought in the kids and starting breeding for YouTube the channel blew up. Until that point the kids went to school as soon as schools become an issue as schools have a duty of care with safeguarding these YouTube parents then remove the children to “homeschool”. If Mia had remaining in school she could have been thriving going out with friends, learning to drive, passing her GCSES, sitting her Alevels, applying to to Uni doing all the things Georgie missed out on but no… she’s crashing golf carts, sexting 14 year olds, making videos with her mum and stepDad as she has no real friends and the ones she did make she has been whipped away from.

There’s no excuse for Georgie to not educate her children she has a English Literature degree but since she didn’t bother to use the Education that the tax payers paid for Darren and Georgie doesn’t see the point of education now they just jump from country to country doing house tours for YouTube. 🙄

Sienna crying when Harriet left just shows she’s a child crying out for human interaction Sienna was desperate to see her and upset when she left, in all fairness she probably doesn’t really know Harriet that well but I feel Harriet and Sienna are quite like each other 2 lost souls.

Maybe you thrived at homeschooling but the majority of parents are not equipped to adequately teach their children to the levels required for passing exams in 8+ subjects at GCSEs. Most parents want to see their children succeed and not hold them back for personal gain! Which is definitely the case in the YouTube homeschoolers.

Blue_ocean

VIP Member
Has anyone seen Mia’s new tiktok bio? Why is she so up herself lol who puts their follower amount in their bio… and “bestselling author” as if that’s what she’s known for
Best selling author??! Aren't most of her books colouring based and others weren't even written by herself.
Almost insulting to actual authors who have done all their own work 🤔

Her attitude towards education is terrible, can't Imagine her subscribers will be Interested in the same childish content years down the line and she has nothing to fall back on unlike most other more grown up youtubers who have businesses/other jobs along side.
Georgie and Darren don't seem to have taught them the value of hard work and commitment, only how to lounge about in the sun without suncream.
Mia will struggle to find work when she's older with presumably little to no basic knowledge or skills.

Reactions: 21

SiennaRae

Chatty Member
Mia is getting to the age now where it’s going to be harder for her to make it as an influencer if she doesn’t have a niche. It was easier when she was younger because there aren’t so many creators that age and family fizz were at their peak so it was easy for her to get an audience from there.

From the looks of it, Family fizz aren’t getting many new followers and I doubt they will because their content is so boring. So Mia is going to be relying on getting new followers/engagement herself. That 18-24 bracket is so over saturated with girls trying to be influencers as it is so I think she’ll have a hard time because she comes off as incredibly immature and doesn’t have a super strong personality of her own

selestia

Sorry but am I the only one weirded out by Georgie giving Bob her implants as a joke? Like don’t even “ pranking Katie but only Bob? I feel like she’s gonna use the implants and pranks for as long as she can drag it out..

• Sick
  • Wow

selestia

Why is Mia acting like one iced coffee is some sort of hardcore drug, she gives off the same energy as a 14 year old acting “drunk” after one Smirnoff ice 🤣
Attention seeking is what it is, even Darren and Georgie said so. Darren have even said it in so many videos trough out the years Mia is very attention seeking and will do dramatic stuff to get attention

lokencrepis

I do become defensive about homeschooling and always will. The way people talk absolutely comes off as though they are condemning homeschooling. When people say things like “proper education “, or not “getting educated the way they should be”, very much sounds like they are speaking negatively about homeschooling. People misunderstand the idea of unschooling. Too often they think it means no education, but that’s not true. Ellen Fisher practices homeschooling/unschooling. She doesn’t follow a state based curriculum, nor did my family. She has different tools & other curriculums, but it is different then what you see in school. Homeschooling is different for everyone, but it doesn’t always mean follow routines like you see in school. Children still learn in unschooling, they just don’t typically have a set up like people do in school. Unschooling focuses a lot on child let interests & incorporating them into learning. G & D should absolutely bring more opportunities for science for Sienna to learn. They were sponsored a while back for something schiene related, but never mentioned it again. Before people assume unschooling means nothing at all, I encourage people to research the topic. There are sources that give a better description of what it means. Even books on the topic. unschooling doesn’t mean not learning at all. Yes, D & G don’t appear to be doing much, maybe it’s time for them to do an updated video & even a discussion on the topic. Maybe this would help everyone’s confusion about what they do for the girls. In terms of Sienna’s spelling, she may just be a poor speller, there are many kids in school that have trouble spelling. My mother is not a great speller herself. In terms of them not watching the news, I don’t watch it either. I don’t even own a TV. I see things online, but I don’t watch the news at all. G & D failed on not looking into the weather before they left Costa Rica, but I don’t see any problem with the kids not watching the news. To be honest, many news sources are biased, and not even that honest. Trusting news, especially major worldwide news sources is a gamble. Local news sources are better. I encourage people to look into the sources available on unschooling & the different options for homeschooling. This idea of a “proper education “ comes off as though it is condemning non-traditional school. Too often people think even if you aren’t in the school system, you should have a similar system at home. However, that’s not how everyone chooses to educate their kids. Nor is it necessary. I don’t think parents should use their kids just to make money, it does seem that far too many Youtube families fall under that path. I agree, they need to build long term friendships, they really aren’t doing that by moving so much. They really do need to find a place to have a home where they stay permanently, then enjoy trips to other places for a short visit. That is a problem with G & D, but they don’t seem to want that for themselves. Which is a shame, they can travel, but need a place to call home. In terms of her GCSE’s I don’t have a problem with her not taking them. Didn’t Georgie take them in her 20’s. I am also not bothered by her wanting to work for herself, but I am bothered that she doesn’t seem to want to do anything other then Youtube. Youtube may not always be around, she definitely needs to find some sort of path for her life aside from YouTube. She has changed a lot since they started Youtube, even before Gran Canaria. Getting her involved in a sport/activity I think would be really good for her. She doesn’t seem to care though, which is unfortunate.
We say this... because they are not being properly educated. You can be in school and not be properly educated. You can be home schooled and not be properly educated. I like to think we're all vaguely intelligent enough to know this is a nuanced conversation. I went to 6 schools, and was very nearly homeschooled due to lack of school places. Some of those schools were crap, some were absolute godsends. Unschooling CAN be a big old excuse to not engage your children. As can sending them to school.

Mia will need qualifications to get a 'real' job or to go to university. This cannot be argued. One of my friends has just battled to get his GCSE English sorted. He's 25, a father of one. He went to mainstream school and didn't get the attention he needed. (learning difficulties) But his parents also didn't fight for him to get the attention from school/teachers/tutors that he needed. It's been hell for him. Mia hasn't even had the opportunity to take her GCSEs, never mind getting extra qualifications like Swimming Instructing or Rock Climbing or Gym Instructing. Qualifications that would aid her in life, not just getting a job. You may not have a problem with Mia not sitting her exams, but I am absolutely certain that when the youtube fame fades, Mia herself will have some issues with it. A young woman, who has an empty CV. (bar writing a book and learning Spanish... which let's be honest, all school children have written stories and attempted to learn a language, they just didn't have the addition of youtube fame to get it published.) The world is very competitive, and she cannot live life just travelling around the world with Mummy and Stepdad, with no prospects. When she realises the level that people her age are working at, emotionally, socially and academically... I have a feeling she will be rather pissed off.

• Heart

LLR

The kids have to get rid of almost all their stuff whenever they move country but Georgie is keeping her breast implants to show people now they've been removed.

• Sick
  • Sad

turtleneck10

I just don't know that an 11/12-year-old has the mental capability or maturity to decide to cut a parent out of their life. Her dad is legitimately a bad person, okay then. But otherwise, when she matures, she's going to regret her choices and possibly resent Georgie for supporting her decision to cut her dad out. Part of forming your identity, is knowing where you came from. It's why adopted people can struggle with knowing vs not knowing their bio parents, etc.

SiennaRae

Chatty Member
Mia would have no idea how to manage Monday because her parents don’t allow her to have access to any money now. In multiple videos where she has gotten treatments/piercings she’s called her parents to come pay for it when she’s finished. I’m not saying she should be given all her money, but I definitely think she should have a debit card with an allowance every month to help her learn the value of money and how to manage her money

Sally1993

Chatty Member
I commented on today’s vlog about them wasting money on stupid challenges and being insensitive about money in today’s difficult financial age. They think that Evian-branded water and Galaxy chocolate are ‘cheap’. It is so insensitive. I’d say Aldi water bottles and own brand chocolate were cheap. They are soooo above their station. It makes me sick how they’re so preachy about kindness yet they have such hugely inflated egos. The day they leave YouTube will be a good one.

Nnrr46

I still cant understand how Sienna turned out so polite, caring and just such a lovely person, you can really tell that she puts every other person before herself always. And the other kids are the complete opposite, especially Mia and Karma. They definitely changed the way they brought up Karma and Koa to how they did with Sienna and I have no idea why they would as she is such a lovely kid, not a bad bone in her body

• Heart

teeniebopps

I adore Sienna, she’s such a beautiful little girl. She’s so overlooked in the family, Mia is always speaking over her and what Mia says is less interesting. I feel frustrated when in certain challenges like when Mia or Sienna control the day, Mia enforces what she wants to eat/drink/buy etc on Sienna and the rules are always bent for her but Sienna has to do exactly what Mia decides.
Loved seeing Sienna in the videos with FF and Jojo. Family Fizz’s channel is a lot about Mia, she always seems to appear when the camera is turned on and be front and centre giving her opinion and having her say. Poor Sienna is often shoved out of the way and not listened to.

• Heart

wallflower01

Long time lurker but first post!
Georgie and Darren’s parenting has gone dramatically downhill in the last few years. Before that they were living an alternative lifestyle that wasn’t for everyone, but they seemed to have their children’s best interests at heart. Now it’s anything but that. The kids have been put through so much instability that is inevitably damaging to their mental health and development. The minute they get settled somewhere they abandon everything and leave; I can imagine that must feel quite traumatising as a child.
Georgie is immature, appears jealous of her eldest daughter, often ignores Sienna, and really indulges Karma and especially Koa. She’s behaving in an inappropriate and unhinged way e.g. the twerking in public. Darren seems like a conspiracy theorist nut e.g. not using toothpaste and I don’t like the way he treats Mia.
Mia has really been ruined by her parents. She has no useful education and has been kept completely isolated. Imagine her in an international school trying to do something like an IB or A Levels - she wouldn’t be able to cope. Not saying that formal education is for everyone, but she wouldn’t even be able to manage an apprenticeship or a job. Her parents have really screwed her up with a lack of education and qualifications. She comes across as immature and poorly adjusted, which isn’t her fault, and it’s sad to see that when she’d finally begun to make friends she’s been moved away from them again. I don’t know enough about the situation with her biological dad to comment, but that also seems upsetting for her.
Sienna is such a sweet child, but she looks unhealthy and it’s terrible that her parents are basically unschooling her. Her writing etc. looks like that of a child of 5, and she’ll be 11 this year. Really she needs to be put back in either formal education or a homeschooling program right now before she gets too far behind, but of course her parents won’t do that for her. She’s often overlooked in the family.
Karma is very spoilt and hasn’t learnt to behave properly at all, which is becoming more and more evident as she gets older. She’ll probably never experience education and so these behaviours will be perpetuated and she’ll become insufferable.
Koa is clearly the most favoured by Georgie and Darren as he’s a boy, which sends an awful sexist message to the kids and the viewers. He’s going to turn out like Karma from a lack of discipline or positive parenting.
Overall I think there need to be so many more strict rules on family vloggers and what they depict/promote, because so many of them just exploit their children online. Hopefully now that they’re based back in the UK the problem of three under-18s (Mia, Sienna and Karma) being out of education will be cracked down on, but I’m doubtful as they’ll surely just jet off somewhere else the minute they get bored of the UK. It’s an unhealthy and unstable life for children as they’re not even ‘experiencing and benefitting from’ the cultures of these foreign countries, learning the languages etc. Instead they’re being dragged around the world at the whims of their parents and isolated from any good influences in their lives. No blame goes to any of the kids, they’re the ones who have to suffer the consequences of this awful parenting.

account70032

VIP Member
Georgie constantly letting us know she was a teen mum is getting ridiculous now. We get it you had Mia a month before you turned 17 but you’re 34 years old now so live in the present stop trying to live like you’re 17 again. You are Mia’s mother you are not her 17 year old best friend.

• Heart

SiennaRae

Chatty Member
What made me sad about Mias video is they don’t seem to know how to have fun. They think shopping all the time, doing dares in public and getting their hair done is the only ways to have fun. No going to the cinema , bowling , an arcade or even a museum. Sienna is still a kid but it’s like they forget that and have her doing a lot of teenage things like shopping which she looks bored of sometimes and I don’t blame her. She should have friends her age she can run around with playing.
Yes!! I absolutely agree! Mia always says she wants to travel loads but is her idea of travel just go to big cities to shop?
it’s so sad that Sienna is only 10 and doesn’t have any real friends of her own age to do all those things with, like to go the cinema or bowling. She’s at the age where she should be going to birthday parties/sleepovers etc, such a shame she’s missing out on making memories with friends 😔

ZoeRae

Auntie Haz is posting a lot of photos of the kids recently… don’t get me wrong, I like her relationship with them, especially after they’ve been stuck with their brain washing parents for so long. But is she using them for followers?
I personally don’t think she’s using them for followers. Harriett seems like a genuine person in comparison to Georgie and Darren. I think she genuinely just loves her nieces and nephews and is showing them off like any Aunty would 🤷‍♀️ She just seems like a very family oriented person and obviously she’s not in touch with many of her other family members

• Heart