Family Fizz #7 Won't protect their kids' skin but happy to give them melatonin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a video once where somehow the topic of mental health came up in it and Georgie sounded a bit more empathetic and understanding of the topic but I remember Darren literally saying just be happy and he basically was saying bad mental health isn’t even a real thing so just don’t think about it be positive and smile and was listing off all these ways to start your day and be healthy etc and I remember at the time thinking how horrible he sounded cause I know what it’s like to struggle mentally and I would be so hurt if someone told me to just get over it.
I am not a doctor and in no way am I trying to diagnose her but I do feel Georgie might have battled a bit with postpartum depression after having Koa and I think it has lasted a long time even until now there’s certain times she sounds so sad and speaks about herself in an unhappy way but tries to act like she’s super happy and content. I’m not saying it is postpartum depression but I definitely feel she has been suffering with her mental health but doesn’t even realise herself that she is and living with Darren who is constantly saying be positive and he isn’t very understanding at all , it doesn’t surprise me if she’s bottled things up and has nobody to talk to about it. When she was talking about how drained she was from being up all night breast feeding Karma and Koa and you could tell how overwhelmed and upset she was cause understandably it was too much for her it would be too much for anyone but you could tell Darren wasnt even listening to her.
I know men and women can have their differences when it comes to being sensitive and showing emotion so he’s clearly one of those men who doesn’t show emotion but that’s not an excuse to speak the way he does and talk down about others who are struggling. He lacks feeling a lot of the time , he couldn’t even give his 10 year old daughter a hug when she gave him a gift he sat there showing no emotion or gratitude and I’m talking a real hug filled with love he never gave her that , Mia is young and dealing with heartbreak therefore she deserves to be shown love and care right now even if he doesn’t think it’s a big deal it would cost him absolutely nothing to show some empathy for once in his life. The last time I seen him show a good side to him was with those dogs.
Yes exactly. My partner shows no emotion and when im down or even crying he doesnt even hug me or reassure me in anyway. Always trying to tell me what im feeling is invalid etc and it has got to the point where i cant talk to him about how im feeling or anything as it gets ignored. I even done a small prank on him pretending to be asleep but kept jerking my legs, yet got nothing. And even once when i had a huge panic attack outside in the dark with two men coming towards me he brushed me off saying "well you're ok now" and walked off. Darren really needs to stop all this 'be happy' shite before there is more damage done to georgie and the kids

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Yes exactly. My partner shows no emotion and when im down or even crying he doesnt even hug me or reassure me in anyway. Always trying to tell me what im feeling is invalid etc and it has got to the point where i cant talk to him about how im feeling or anything as it gets ignored. I even done a small prank on him pretending to be asleep but kept jerking my legs, yet got nothing. And even once when i had a huge panic attack outside in the dark with two men coming towards me he brushed me off saying "well you're ok now" and walked off. Darren really needs to stop all this 'be happy' shite before there is more damage done to georgie and the kids
I want to say I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart that you’ve had to go through all that you must feel so alone at times but I want you to know you seem very strong for even opening up about your mental health. The sad thing is that you or nobody should ever be in a position where you have to beg or ask for reassurance or a hug , it should be something your partner naturally gives to you cause I’m sure if he was feeling down you would be comforting him. I completely understand where you’re coming from you’re not asking for much at all and I wish your partner could show more support to you.
Please know that your feelings are never invalid don’t let your partner or anybody make you think that. I am hurt for you that you get ignored and even had to go out of your way to pull a prank just to try get some care from him. I can’t speak on your relationship as a whole but please if you’re struggling or feel alone don’t be afraid to talk about it to people who will care.
How do people say “Well you’re ok now” as if what you went through isn’t a big deal. Panic attacks are scary and no matter what you where having a panic attack about ,in that moment what you needed was your partner to care about you and tell you everything is ok and give you a real hug and I’m sorry your partner didn’t give that to you.
Exactly Being a man is no excuse to not show emotion. It’s 2021 times have changed so much and it’s time some men need to move with the times and realise it’s a good thing to talk about feelings and show love to someone especially when someone you love is struggling. Also Darren should be showing a good example to all his kids that it’s important to have empathy for other people cause that could easily be any of us one day struggling.
I hope you are ok and I think you’re very brave.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I want to say I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart that you’ve had to go through all that you must feel so alone at times but I want you to know you seem very strong for even opening up about your mental health. The sad thing is that you or nobody should ever be in a position where you have to beg or ask for reassurance or a hug , it should be something your partner naturally gives to you cause I’m sure if he was feeling down you would be comforting him. I completely understand where you’re coming from you’re not asking for much at all and I wish your partner could show more support to you.
Please know that your feelings are never invalid don’t let your partner or anybody make you think that. I am hurt for you that you get ignored and even had to go out of your way to pull a prank just to try get some care from him. I can’t speak on your relationship as a whole but please if you’re struggling or feel alone don’t be afraid to talk about it to people who will care.
How do people say “Well you’re ok now” as if what you went through isn’t a big deal. Panic attacks are scary and no matter what you where having a panic attack about ,in that moment what you needed was your partner to care about you and tell you everything is ok and give you a real hug and I’m sorry your partner didn’t give that to you.
Exactly Being a man is no excuse to not show emotion. It’s 2021 times have changed so much and it’s time some men need to move with the times and realise it’s a good thing to talk about feelings and show love to someone especially when someone you love is struggling. Also Darren should be showing a good example to all his kids that it’s important to have empathy for other people cause that could easily be any of us one day struggling.
I hope you are ok and I think you’re very brave.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am more open about my mental health online behind a profile where (hopefully) im not known by someone in the real world as i do get shut down alot by many people.

Anyway not to deter from the main point too much, yes darren should really be careful with what he says and his actions as they will inevitably cause too much lasting damage to his own family as well as the impressionable viewers. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows and as much as we want to sheild and hide from the bad stuff, it shapes and moulds us and gives us empathy and other such emotions to help us succeed in life. I think maybe this is why Mia is so "its all about me me me" and doesnt think her tit stinks

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Darren is really starting to annoy me. It’s so lovely to see Karma and Koa be able to have a little bit of “normality” to their Christmas with the Elf on the shelf and Georgie is doing a very good job at doing so, but Darren seems to always be negative when it comes to anything fun his children enjoy. I noticed he called the Elves “pretend role play” which I think shouldn’t be said considering many children who also have the Elves visiting their houses will be watching. I don’t care whether Sienna, Karma and Koa know it’s fake, the same with Santa, but when you have an audience, you hold a responsibility of keeping the magic real for them too. It reminds me of the kids in school who would ruin it for others.

Reactions: 19
I’m watching Tiger King and I’m so relieved that Family Fizz don’t pronounce Costa Rica in the American way, they call it Coaster-Rica 😂 I don’t think I could bear watching Family Fizz if that was the case

Reactions: 3
The things Georgie was saying about giving it a bit of magic for the kids on Christmas, I thought that was so sweet she wanted to do that for them but Darren saying in front of the kids, that it is pretend role… I get Koa doesn’t understand but Karma is the age of understanding and Sienna as well. I also liked that Georgie was teaching Karma about the advent calendar that now she doesn’t have anything to look forward to instead of just buying her a new one(for now).

I hate their motto “ doesn’t matter just enjoy it ”, he really stick to their motto by ignoring Mia’s feelings and doesn’t let the kids have their magic on Christmas or show any feelings beside plaster a fake happy smile and mood on for the camera. But oh when him and Georgie was not feeling good and feeling tired they didn’t film but when Mia was upset about heartbreak she ruin their video and had to put a camera in her face for 3 days. He could just not put her in the video and let her be in her feelings instead of saying so many rude things OR BETTER. Be a good dad and be there for his stepdaughter and not film, we would understand.

Reactions: 13
I’ve not seen the video but is it that hard for Darren to just pretend for his children?

Reactions: 11
I’ve not seen the video but is it that hard for Darren to just pretend for his children?
It’s so sad ☹ They are not going to be small forever, they’re at the perfect age to really make the most of that Christmas magic. They should be able to look back when they’re older with fond memories of Christmas. He doesn’t seem to have much paternal instincts.

Reactions: 6
It’s so sad ☹ They are not going to be small forever, they’re at the perfect age to really make the most of that Christmas magic. They should be able to look back when they’re older with fond memories of Christmas. He doesn’t seem to have much paternal instincts.
Yes that’s the wonderful part of childhood, before logic gets in the way let them believe in the impossible. They’ll teach their kids all that wishy washy nonsense but won’t let them believe in Santa

Reactions: 7
Their latest Family Fizz Clips video it titled “the last Christmas Sienna believed” now how many young children are going ti go to their parents tonight and question everything!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Darren doesn't talk about his family really and a couple of times i've wondered if the reason he doesn't really get any of the kid stuff is because he didn't get any of it when he was a kid and he's like "well I didn't do it and I'm fine". He doesn't seem to appreciate when the kids act their age, being silly and imaginative, which seems like the fun of having kids. This could also go relate to his problem with Mia acting like a teenage girl having her heart broken for the first time (even if she acts like a younger teen than she is). I'm pretty sure he's said before that Mia is like his coworker. Darren's relationship with everyone just comes across weird, he seems kind of emotionally underdeveloped.

Reactions: 20
If he can pretend that crystals cure illnesses for Georgie and Mia then I’m sure he can pretend that toy elves can move overnight for Karma and Koa

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Guys take a look at this video and how hypothetical Georgie is. She gets “ angry “ over people using swear words on their comment sections but here she’s using the middle finger. Now I wouldn’t normally care about if she didn’t tell people to behave and act shocked when they swear in comment section but then do this?

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Guys take a look at this video and how hypothetical Georgie is. She gets “ angry “ over people using swear words on their comment sections but here she’s using the middle finger. Now I wouldn’t normally care about if she didn’t tell people to behave and act shocked when they swear in comment section but then do this?

wdym hypothetical

Reactions: 1
wdym hypothetical
To quote myself on the post I already posted. She said in a video to not use swear words on their comment section but yet she uses her middle finger as we know it’s to say “ duck off “ and some people were even upset about it on their tiktok video

Reactions: 4
anyone watched mias new video? actually felt quite sorry for her and especially Ornella, the boys are so immature and have no manners. She really needs to distance herself from people like that

Reactions: 5
anyone watched mias new video? actually felt quite sorry for her and especially Ornella, the boys are so immature and have no manners. She really needs to distance herself from people like that
Agree 100%! Even as someone who's dealt with countless immature teenage boys, they were beyond rude and honestly cruel to them. I mean taking keys &putting them in the middle of the road; taking expensive electronics, and then laughing it all off? Wtf??

Reactions: 5
Agree 100%! Even as someone who's dealt with countless immature teenage boys, they were beyond rude and honestly cruel to them. I mean taking keys &putting them in the middle of the road; taking expensive electronics, and then laughing it all off? Wtf??
It wasn’t right what they did. They were very immature and all the boys were trying to act up for the camera. Mia really needs to find friends her own age , it doesn’t look right that she’s so much older and all the others are like 13

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.