Family Fizz #5 Dodging taxes, dodging dads. Permanent holidays? It’s all a fad.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm have to disagree since animal products provide a whole host of nutrients you can’t really get from a vegan diet. The meat substitutes might be better than a bowl of salad all the time but also are heavily processed and apparently contain supplements- if you’re diet can’t sustain you without lab made supplements then what’s the point? I think some animal fats will do wonders for their skin. Sad thing is they’re going to wait it out until other potential health issues pop up, ones more serious than acne, before they even begin to question their diet.

Oh yes, they definitely need blood work done esp Mia. Thing is supplements aren’t as good as the real thing but will still show up making them think they’re perfectly healthy. And if they are deficient they’ll prob just add more pills and sprays and weird teas to the mix instead of incorporating other food groups.
Yep, it would be too much like hard work to do anything else for her .... I'm sure if Georgie was suffering the same, she'd of seen a nutritionist, dermatologist by now, etc etc.

Reactions: 3
Sienna is obessed with talking about boys every 2 minutes no matter what video she’s in with Mia and she’s only nine and this is Mia’s influence on her. They’re both isolated in this cult and I’ve noticed both girls get weird obsessions with things more than someone else would. Most young girls talk about having a crush I get it but it’s like there’s nothing else for Mia and Sienna to talk about but these things. I hope Sienna isn’t turning into another Mia cause Sienna always has stood out in the family for having completely different interests but it wouldn’t surprise me if she starts to change more as she gets older and becomes more like Mia , Georgie and Darren with their mindsets.
Also I’ve said before how overly excited the kids get in regards to food and how I got the feeling they possibly aren’t allowed use the fridge without asking for permission just from things Mia has said before but there was something off when in Mia’s latest video Sienna said she has stolen chocolate before from the cupboard cause they’re not allowed to touch it. I understand most parents don’t want their kids eating sweets whenever they like in the day cause they want their kids to have an appetite for their dinner etc and I know we all as kids had at least one time we took something like a biscuit being sneaky or took more of something than we should of cause that’s what kids sometimes do but I get the feeling Darren and Georgie are very controlling when it comes to food. She probably didn’t ask for the chocolate cause she knew they’d say no but it’s weird how Mia was also sneaking it with her. The kids either have too much sweets and Georgie and Darren are trying to control it which is a healthy thing to do or the kids hardly get to have sweets unless Georgie or Darren says they can and because of this they try sneak things. I don’t mean to think so deeply about something but I get a strange feeling about it I can’t even fully explain it. These kids are probably fed up of constantly eating a bowl of salad everyday with some spicy sauce on it.

Reactions: 10
Sienna is obessed with talking about boys every 2 minutes no matter what video she’s in with Mia and she’s only nine and this is Mia’s influence on her. They’re both isolated in this cult and I’ve noticed both girls get weird obsessions with things more than someone else would. Most young girls talk about having a crush I get it but it’s like there’s nothing else for Mia and Sienna to talk about but these things. I hope Sienna isn’t turning into another Mia cause Sienna always has stood out in the family for having completely different interests but it wouldn’t surprise me if she starts to change more as she gets older and becomes more like Mia , Georgie and Darren with their mindsets.
Also I’ve said before how overly excited the kids get in regards to food and how I got the feeling they possibly aren’t allowed use the fridge without asking for permission just from things Mia has said before but there was something off when in Mia’s latest video Sienna said she has stolen chocolate before from the cupboard cause they’re not allowed to touch it. I understand most parents don’t want their kids eating sweets whenever they like in the day cause they want their kids to have an appetite for their dinner etc and I know we all as kids had at least one time we took something like a biscuit being sneaky or took more of something than we should of cause that’s what kids sometimes do but I get the feeling Darren and Georgie are very controlling when it comes to food. She probably didn’t ask for the chocolate cause she knew they’d say no but it’s weird how Mia was also sneaking it with her. The kids either have too much sweets and Georgie and Darren are trying to control it which is a healthy thing to do or the kids hardly get to have sweets unless Georgie or Darren says they can and because of this they try sneak things. I don’t mean to think so deeply about something but I get a strange feeling about it I can’t even fully explain it. These kids are probably fed up of constantly eating a bowl of salad everyday with some spicy sauce on it.
Sienna does seem very young to be obsessing over boys. I think because she isn't in school she isn't interacting and playing with children her own age. I have a feeling that the majority of the children she is playing with are boys and because Mia is obsessing over them Sienna is coping her.

Sienna does seem very young to be obsessing over boys. I think because she isn't in school she isn't interacting and playing with children her own age. I have a feeling that the majority of the children she is playing with are boys and because Mia is obsessing over them Sienna is coping her.
Mia has been teasing her for her innocent childhood friendships when they happen to be boys. It’s just weird. Let the kid live. Georgie and Darren did it too when Sienna was friends with JoJo, which was an abhorrent grab at views on her expense. No she does not have/want a boyfriend, she’s a little girl making friends and living her life. Let her be! Now, because of her families influence, she’s picked up on the boy talk herself. It’s just so weird, I thought kids didn’t do this stuff anymore.

kids are probably fed up of constantly eating a bowl of salad everyday with some spicy sauce on it.
Ugh imagine that- it’s always chickpeas and leaves with sauce or hummus. Ridiculous. No wonder the kids aren’t satisfied.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Being Vegan is not the problem here.

People who eat meat and dairy are at very high risk of having certain illnesses themselves. It's not the diet you follow it's the food you actually eat that is the problem here.

I agree their diet is not very balanced. They seem to eat a lot of sugar through all the fruit they consume and they eat giant bowls of salad but that is their choice. Vegans can have a varied diet if they really put the effort in there are so many meat and dairy substitutes.
Exactly! Deficiencies aren’t caused by being vegan, they’re caused by an unbalanced diet. And they used to be runners which is intense cardio and hard on a body that isn’t properly nourished.

I wonder what’s going on, I don’t think they’ve ever gone a month without uploading on the family channel.

Reactions: 8
Exactly! Deficiencies aren’t caused by being vegan, they’re caused by an unbalanced diet. And they used to be runners which is intense cardio and hard on a body that isn’t properly nourished.

I wonder what’s going on, I don’t think they’ve ever gone a month without uploading on the family channel.
I think people who perhaps don't agree with Vegan diets are often the ones to critise and blame a vegan diet for any type of health issue that person may have!

It's very strange. It feels like the longest they have been away.

Reactions: 4

It would be great if that were true, but come on, there’s plenty of vitamins non existent/hard to absorb from a vegan diet. If a vegan diet didn’t cause deficiencies, they wouldn’t advise a list of supplements to everyone following it.

Yep
It would be great if that were true, but come on, there’s plenty of vitamins non existent/hard to absorb from a vegan diet. If a vegan diet didn’t cause deficiencies, they wouldn’t advise a list of supplements to everyone following it.
Yep, I nannied for two Veggie Kids they had to take a ridiculous amount of Vitamins in the morning ( They were only One & Three YO at the time ) They definitely seemed lacking certain nutrients even with a varied diet. One of them kept asking me for the Ham off my Baked Potato, I felt awful for them. Let them decide when they're old enough, & make sure they are informed about proper nutrition, vitamin & mineral needs before they do it. Plant Protein is not equivalent to Animal Protein either.

It looks like Sienna has Georgie's natural olive skin. I really hope they are not using that as an excuse not to put sun cream on her! It's either that or the sun protection they are using is not very good quality. Looking through her stories it looks like Karma is burnt as well, even little Koa looks flushed.

A 16-year-old girl sleeping in a park, nonetheless in Costa Rica, sounds dangerous. I really doubt she is sleeping out there.

I used to watch Family Fizz every day without fail when I was younger, I want to say around 12 and even 13 (I’m 18 now). I hated the way they have changed so much and really loved them when they were living in Brighton and Grand Canaria. I went back on their Grand Canaria vlogs a couple of days ago and actually felt a little sad because I miss how fun they use to be in their little apartment. Maybe I’m just being silly.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I used to watch Family Fizz every day without fail when I was younger, I want to say around 12 and even 13 (I’m 18 now). I hated the way they have changed so much and really loved them when they were living in Brighton and Grand Canaria. I went back on their Grand Canaria vlogs a couple of days ago and actually felt a little sad because I miss how fun they use to be in their little apartment. Maybe I’m just being silly.
you’re not being silly at all, they were more easy going and good to watch when they started and now they’re just insufferable on every possible level.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A 16-year-old girl sleeping in a park, nonetheless in Costa Rica, sounds dangerous. I really doubt she is sleeping out there.
Yeah she said at the end she doesn’t think it’s safe so she’s not gonna sleep there

Reactions: 2
I think it's a real shame what happened to this family. I haven't watched them from the beginning but I found their videos a few years ago and went back and watched the videos from when they first started making content in Gran Canaria.

They always seemed so happy and the videos came across as being so natural, they appeared to enjoy making videos. Now whenever they make videos it just doesn't feel the same. They no longer come across as being authentic and genuine. I always get the feeling that all the content they make is now staged and everything seems to come across as some kind of act.

It almost feels like they are trying to justify themselves and make it appear as though everything is just so wonderful in their life. Which I find strange because they never look that happy to me.

I feel like their time on YouTube is coming to an end. It's not just because of the lack of videos. It's the lack of ambition and motivation that they have for making content.

Mia has still been uploading a few videos here and there but they are nothing like the videos she used to make. You can clearly tell that she puts no effort in to the content she makes and just seems to make videos for the sake of getting content out. Which is a real shame because at one point her channel was doing really well.

I feel like the money and the lifestyle have gone to their heads and they do have a habit of coming across really big headed.

Reactions: 14
I don't understand why Georgie and Darren aloud Mia to film that kind of video with Karma.

Throughout the whole video all Mia was doing was encouraging Karma to do things she shouldn't be doing. Like pushing Sienna into the pool and trashing her room. I know the whole thing is staged but you can't play games like that with a toddler. You can't encourage a toddler to mess up someone's room as some kind of joke because they just wont understand it's a joke and she will probably go in there now and think it's okay to do. You can't give a 2 year old mixed messages like that.

You can clearly tell that Karma rules that house as every time Mia told her not to do something she did it anyway. Mia told her not to throw stones in the pool, she did it anyway. Mia asked her to help tidy Sienna's room she told her no...

She seems like a sweet little girl but you can tell that she is aloud to do what ever she likes without no consequences. They might think it's cute and funny now but wait until she gets older!

I don't understand why Georgie and Darren aloud Mia to film that kind of video with Karma.

Throughout the whole video all Mia was doing was encouraging Karma to do things she shouldn't be doing. Like pushing Sienna into the pool and trashing her room. I know the whole thing is staged but you can't play games like that with a toddler. You can't encourage a toddler to mess up someone's room as some kind of joke because they just wont understand it's a joke and she will probably go in there now and think it's okay to do. You can't give a 2 year old mixed messages like that.

You can clearly tell that Karma rules that house as every time Mia told her not to do something she did it anyway. Mia told her not to throw stones in the pool, she did it anyway. Mia asked her to help tidy Sienna's room she told her no...

She seems like a sweet little girl but you can tell that she is aloud to do what ever she likes without no consequences. They might think it's cute and funny now but wait until she gets older!
I haven’t watched the video but REALLY? I have looked after my toddler sister many a time and I know very well not to encourage cheeky/naughty behaviour for a laugh because a child that young doesn’t understand the difference between a bit of fun and actually morphing into a brat in certain situations where it is completely unwanted.

It reminds me of that phase Mia went through where she treated Georgie like crap for her videos. It seems they think it’s cute/funny/cool/rebellious to be a brat and it will appeal to the viewers. The lines between YouTube and real life are very blurred here.

Karma doesn’t even know other kids aren’t usually vlogged and she’s already becoming a little actor at her own detriment. Her family might find such behaviour endearing but the real world won’t. Poor kid. And I’m assuming Sienna just had to laugh it off and pretend she didn’t mind.

I think it’s the lack of real life experiences thats made these kids turn to this kind of “past time”. Maybe they think it’s normal or they’re just very bored.

Reactions: 6
I really hope Mia actually tidied Sienna's room for her after the cameras went off, I felt bad for her. I had to raise an eyebrow when she was asking Karma whether they should "help" Sienna or not. If Mia wanted to make a mess in there for a video then it was her job to tidy the entire thing for her afterwards rather than just help and of course it isn't the type of behaviour you want to encourage a toddler to do.

I just don't enjoy their content anymore. There always seems to be something that rubs me the wrong way and it's way too repetitive. Also, it's a little bit off topic from the latest video but I'd love to see how they act in real life. With the constant talk of crushes/boys with Mia and Sienna and just a lot of the behaviour in general, I'm not quite sure whether they're just doing it for the fact that they're trying to appeal to a preteen audience or if they act a similar sort of way off camera. Mia obviously does know her demographic given the type of books she's put out so I don't doubt that she's marketing her videos towards them as well but it's difficult to see where the line's drawn. You'd think all this travelling would give them more opportunities to diversify their videos, I wish they'd bring something new to the table.

Reactions: 8
I really don't think that Mia's behaviour is that different off camera as it is on. I think one of the problems is she doesn't seem to interact with teenagers her own age so she just doesn't understand how people her own age behave.

Mia used to get compared a lot to Isabelle Ingham. People used to say how much more mature Mia was and how she was a lot more successful. However I really do think that things have gone the opposite way. When you see the way Isabelle interacts and plays with her siblings she comes across as a lot more mature and responsible where as Mia just seems to encourage her younger siblings to do things that to be honest aren't particularly kind.

I really don't think that Mia is a good role model at all and I really don't understand why Darren and Georgie don't step in sometimes.

Sienna has copied Mia by 'Being mean for 24 hours' to her. Now Mia seems to be encouraging karma to follow suit.

To me it just doesn't feel right. They don't fit into the aesthetic they are trying to be. They stand there preaching 'treasure others be yourself' yet they allow their own daughter to be nasty.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.