Fakeys Assemble #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks. I called on Monday asking just for a call back as I didn't want to drag him to the surgery but they said he had to come in. The doctor we saw was more sympathetic and did ask if he wanted to try something else. As he'd not been on them long we thought maybe he should persevere a bit. He slept a bit Monday night with the sleeping pill and didn't feel too bad yesterday morning, although a bit groggy, but then his anxiety just ramped up as the day went on. It seems to stem from if his stomach is a bit off. There's a lot to be said for the brain gut connection I think. Especially when like him he has ibs & ibd. By the time it came to bedtime he was getting anxious about being able to sleep I think.
Yes my ibs is definitely a lot worse when I’m anxious or stressed. Maybe it’s worth him switching to something like metazapine? I was on it for anxiety but you take it at night as it also helps with sleep. It’d knock me out and I’d sleep about 10 hours I felt great the next day. It might be better if he’s on one tablet rather than both?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes my ibs is definitely a lot worse when I’m anxious or stressed. Maybe it’s worth him switching to something like metazapine? I was on it for anxiety but you take it at night as it also helps with sleep. It’d knock me out and I’d sleep about 10 hours I felt great the next day. It might be better if he’s on one tablet rather than both?
Thanks. I called the GP earlier to check when his med review is and it was the 21st. Asked about bringing it forward but she said I'd have to call back first thing tomorrow when they open to get a call back that day as missed appointments for today. He is just resting at the moment but still edgy. Dunno whether it's worth just trying one more sleeping pill tonight so he can at least try and get back into some sort of sleep pattern. Doctor only gave him 5 days worth anyway

• Heart
Thanks. I called the GP earlier to check when his med review is and it was the 21st. Asked about bringing it forward but she said I'd have to call back first thing tomorrow when they open to get a call back that day as missed appointments for today. He is just resting at the moment but still edgy. Dunno whether it's worth just trying one more sleeping pill tonight so he can at least try and get back into some sort of sleep pattern. Doctor only gave him 5 days worth anyway
Yeah they tend to only give a week sleeping tablets as they can become addictive I think. Might be worth trying one more so he’s got a clear head and may feel better to talk to gp tomorrow if he’s had some sleep. I’m so sorry all this is going on and I really hope he starts to feel some peace and happiness come back soon xx

having never suffered from any kind of anxiety I cannot imagine what you both are going through at the moment so I cannot give you any useful advice I’m afraid but I can send you and your husband some lovely fakey 🤗 🤗 and 💕💕 and hopefully soon a very much brighter future for you both 😘 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
having never suffered from any kind of anxiety I cannot imagine what you both are going through at the moment so I cannot give you any useful advice I’m afraid but I can send you and your husband some lovely fakey 🤗 🤗 and 💕💕 and hopefully soon a very much brighter future for you both 😘 xx
Thank you Vanilla 😘
---
Yeah they tend to only give a week sleeping tablets as they can become addictive I think. Might be worth trying one more so he’s got a clear head and may feel better to talk to gp tomorrow if he’s had some sleep. I’m so sorry all this is going on and I really hope he starts to feel some peace and happiness come back soon xx
Thanks Stargirl. You're a gem.
I called the C.A.L.L helpline before and the lady was really nice. She was reassuring and helped him realise his thoughts are just that, that he's not the only person who feels like this, he is in control of his anxiety etc. I spoke to her mainly which was actually nice for me too! . He seems more relaxed this afternoon/evening so hopefully he can get a good night. He was unsure if the sleeping pills were making him more antsy the next day so is averse to keep taking them but will see how he goes. Xx

• Heart
Thank you Vanilla 😘
---

Thanks Stargirl. You're a gem.
I called the C.A.L.L helpline before and the lady was really nice. She was reassuring and helped him realise his thoughts are just that, that he's not the only person who feels like this, he is in control of his anxiety etc. I spoke to her mainly which was actually nice for me too! . He seems more relaxed this afternoon/evening so hopefully he can get a good night. He was unsure if the sleeping pills were making him more antsy the next day so is averse to keep taking them but will see how he goes. Xx
I’m so pleased to hear the call went well. Hopefully now he’s got that off his chest things will feel a little lighter for him and he’ll sleep better tonight ❤ for me personally I’ve never had side effects from sleeping tablets, although I know some can, for me it was the antidepressants making me feel weird so it’s most likely that. But until he stops one or the other I guess he won’t know which one is making him feel worse xx

• Heart
I’m so pleased to hear the call went well. Hopefully now he’s got that off his chest things will feel a little lighter for him and he’ll sleep better tonight ❤ for me personally I’ve never had side effects from sleeping tablets, although I know some can, for me it was the antidepressants making me feel weird so it’s most likely that. But until he stops one or the other I guess he won’t know which one is making him feel worse xx
I thought it might more likely be the antidepressants. He felt ok in the morning although groggy.

Read up the side effects of sertraline you’ll be surprised! They made me feel 10x worse, I switched to escitalopram which is a new form of citalopram they were trialing on patients with BPD and bipolar. My dr gave me a leaflet on it years back saying they think it’ll work best on me and do I want to try it. Glad I did as it helped me a lot. I’m not bipolar but my brain obviously worked well alongside this medication. I think with antidepressants it’s a trial and error phase for a while as no one persons brain is the same, you need to find what works best for you. I must’ve tried about 8 different ones before I had one that worked for me with very minimal side effects xx

Reactions: 5
Read up the side effects of sertraline you’ll be surprised! They made me feel 10x worse, I switched to escitalopram which is a new form of citalopram they were trialing on patients with BPD and bipolar. My dr gave me a leaflet on it years back saying they think it’ll work best on me and do I want to try it. Glad I did as it helped me a lot. I’m not bipolar but my brain obviously worked well alongside this medication. I think with antidepressants it’s a trial and error phase for a while as no one persons brain is the same, you need to find what works best for you. I must’ve tried about 8 different ones before I had one that worked for me with very minimal side effects xx
Yea I've been on a few Reddit feeds about it and read up on some side effects. My friend is on the same dose & only had a bit of nausea. He was quite relaxed last night but still couldn't get to sleep. He tried his meditation music etc but just couldn't nod off. Ended up taking a low dose sleeping pill at 3am. Does say insomnia is common but is the side effect most likely to go. Will see how he goes.

Yea I've been on a few Reddit feeds about it and read up on some side effects. My friend is on the same dose & only had a bit of nausea. He was quite relaxed last night but still couldn't get to sleep. He tried his meditation music etc but just couldn't nod off. Ended up taking a low dose sleeping pill at 3am. Does say insomnia is common but is the side effect most likely to go. Will see how he goes.
Yeah just play it by ear and see how he gets on. I hope he’s able to sleep soon xx

My friend said he bro in law had issues with sleep on Sertraline so she is going to see what he went on instead
Yeah I went onto metazepine instead worked a lot better for me at night. Hopefully he can speak to the drs and get it switched

Yeah I went onto metazepine instead worked a lot better for me at night. Hopefully he can speak to the drs and get it switched
Will phone docs this morning and try and pull his med review forward or just get a call back today. His anxiety was a bit worse by the evening last night as he was so tired. Took a higher dose zopiclone which did work last time but he woke up after a couple of hours last night. Then again a couple of hours later until he just was awake really at 3am. He's just so tired now each day is a struggle. Did manage a walk and stuff yesterday but with no sleep again last night I feel we're back to square one. He seems to keep waking up to pee although didn't have that the night before when he seemed more relaxed. He just hoped the sleeping pill would give him some relief last night but it didn't

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Will phone docs this morning and try and pull his med review forward or just get a call back today. His anxiety was a bit worse by the evening last night as he was so tired. Took a higher dose zopiclone which did work last time but he woke up after a couple of hours last night. Then again a couple of hours later until he just was awake really at 3am. He's just so tired now each day is a struggle. Did manage a walk and stuff yesterday but with no sleep again last night I feel we're back to square one. He seems to keep waking up to pee although didn't have that the night before when he seemed more relaxed. He just hoped the sleeping pill would give him some relief last night but it didn't
Oh my heart really does break for him. There’s nothing worse than being anxious than being tired too. Your mind goes into overdrive. I really hope you can find some relief soon that helps for him so he can feel better. You sound like a very loving supportive wife and I’m sure everything you’re doing right now means the world to him even if he’s not saying it right now he’ll be appreciating it xx

• Heart
Oh my heart really does break for him. There’s nothing worse than being anxious than being tired too. Your mind goes into overdrive. I really hope you can find some relief soon that helps for him so he can feel better. You sound like a very loving supportive wife and I’m sure everything you’re doing right now means the world to him even if he’s not saying it right now he’ll be appreciating it xx
Thanks. Did the mertazapine work for sleep quite quickly? That's the one my friend said her brother in law switched to as well. Do you have to taper or can you switch straight away? He's only on 50mg of the Sertraline and only been on it a week. Bless him he feels bad for being ill but I told him it can't be helped. All I can do is be there really. He still managed to send his dad out for card, roses and chocolates on valentine's for me (more than Fakey did to get back on topic!).

Thanks. Did the mertazapine work for sleep quite quickly? That's the one my friend said her brother in law switched to as well. Do you have to taper or can you switch straight away? He's only on 50mg of the Sertraline and only been on it a week. Bless him he feels bad for being ill but I told him it can't be helped. All I can do is be there really. He still managed to send his dad out for card, roses and chocolates on valentine's for me (more than Fakey did to get back on topic!).
Oh that’s lovely bless him ❤ yeah it worked so well for me. The first night I took it I slept 14 hours 😂 I was over exhausted and needed it. As he’s only been on the sertraline a week he would be able to switch straight over and should have no side effects as it usually takes 2-3 weeks for it to fully be in your system and work. I’ve only ever had to gradually have to switch and lower doses once but I had been on the medication for 9 months before switching so we did it gradually. After a week I suspect he’d be fine to switch no issues

Oh that’s lovely bless him ❤ yeah it worked so well for me. The first night I took it I slept 14 hours 😂 I was over exhausted and needed it. As he’s only been on the sertraline a week he would be able to switch straight over and should have no side effects as it usually takes 2-3 weeks for it to fully be in your system and work. I’ve only ever had to gradually have to switch and lower doses once but I had been on the medication for 9 months before switching so we did it gradually. After a week I suspect he’d be fine to switch no issues
Great thanks. I'll see what the doctor says later. I was hoping he may just be able to switch straight away as it's only been a week. Fingers crossed. I know everyone's different but if he could just get some more sleep it would help massively. He did nod off a couple of times last as he was snoring but not for longer than an hour or so at a time so didn't really have any effect.

Great thanks. I'll see what the doctor says later. I was hoping he may just be able to switch straight away as it's only been a week. Fingers crossed. I know everyone's different but if he could just get some more sleep it would help massively. He did nod off a couple of times last as he was snoring but not for longer than an hour or so at a time so didn't really have any effect.
No worries happy to help :) yeah no one does good on little sleepy especially someone who’s struggling mentally. Hopefully if he can switch today and get some good sleep by next week he’ll be feeling a lot more himself

• Heart
No worries happy to help :) yeah no one does good on little sleepy especially someone who’s struggling mentally. Hopefully if he can switch today and get some good sleep by next week he’ll be feeling a lot more himself
Spoke to the doctor again. She said insomnia is rare on Sertraline (from what I read it isn't). Said to stop it and take the sleeping pills over the weekend and then she'll call Monday morning to see how he is & then put him on the mirtazapine instead. She did say did he want to go down to 25mg over the weekend but wasn't sure what to do for the best so said he'd try without as he hasn't been on it long. Hopefully he doesn't get withdrawal symptoms as well.

Spoke to the doctor again. She said insomnia is rare on Sertraline (from what I read it isn't). Said to stop it and take the sleeping pills over the weekend and then she'll call Monday morning to see how he is & then put him on the mirtazapine instead. She did say did he want to go down to 25mg over the weekend but wasn't sure what to do for the best so said he'd try without as he hasn't been on it long. Hopefully he doesn't get withdrawal symptoms as well.
I stopped over Christmas after a week and had no side effects. I went back on them after years but actually they made me feel worse than before so I stopped and didn’t notice any side effects. I definitely know a lot of people who have insomnia on sertraline including myself. Hopefully he can sleep better this weekend then the mertazepine will work better when he starts it next week. Sending all positive hopes that he feels better for switching

• Heart