Fakeys Assemble #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks Platty x
---

Thanks Platty x
We do chit chat a bit 😳 dont we 😂 Ah no but it’s seriously annoying when the thread goes off topic, I mean I dont mind the odd bit like the champagne flutes were on topic tbf😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Fakey’s boring question I know but has anyone got any tips to help with back pain? Paracetamol isn’t touching the side. I can’t get in the docs the whole phone at 8am doesn’t help when you also start work at 8am. I’m seriously tempted to knock on the local weed dealers door but I’m worried he’ll think I’m a copper when I rock up with with a pouch of golden Virginia and some papers and ask him to roll them for me.

Fakey’s boring question I know but has anyone got any tips to help with back pain? Paracetamol isn’t touching the side. I can’t get in the docs the whole phone at 8am doesn’t help when you also start work at 8am. I’m seriously tempted to knock on the local weed dealers door but I’m worried he’ll think I’m a copper when I rock up with with a pouch of golden Virginia and some papers and ask him to roll them for me.
I have a slight curved spine so get back pain a lot, deep heat helps me a lot, ibruprofean is better than paracetamol as it’s anti inflammatory or my drs prescribed me codeine and NAISd which help. I also do physio, if you google exercises for back pain I’m sure you’ll find the same booklet of photos and exercises I was given they really help me. I try do it every other day so I don’t stiffen up or get pain and it helps me so much. Happy to answer any questions or give further advice if needed xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You can get co-codamol over the counter which is stronger and might help in the short term? I think they will only give you 3 days worth though.

• Heart
I have a slight curved spine so get back pain a lot, deep heat helps me a lot, ibruprofean is better than paracetamol as it’s anti inflammatory or my drs prescribed me codeine and NAISd which help. I also do physio, if you google exercises for back pain I’m sure you’ll find the same booklet of photos and exercises I was given they really help me. I try do it every other day so I don’t stiffen up or get pain and it helps me so much. Happy to answer any questions or give further advice if needed xx
Oh thank you lovely. I think what set mine off was I used to play football as a teenager and a girl tackled me and instead of falling like you would normally fall I landed on my back and it’s always niggled since xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh thank you lovely. I think what set mine off was I used to play football as a teenager and a girl tackled me and instead of falling like you would normally fall I landed on my back and it’s always niggled since xx
No worries! Always happy to help ❤ sounds like my brother, he had a rugby accident in his teens and now always suffers with back pain and sciatica. Hopefully you’re able to find something to help you xx

• Heart
Zapain and ibuprofen works for me to an extent lovely xx

• Heart
@CrazyBaldhead heres my protein pancake recipe

1 egg
1 banana
1 scoop of protein powder (any flavour you like)

blend and pit in frying pan. I always put peanut butter between each pancake and layer them up 😋😋🥞
---

I’ve got a disc problem in my back. I’m prescribed Naproxen, Co-codamol and Amytriptaline. The Naproxen is a great painkiller but I can only take it after I’ve eaten and get Omeprazole with them.

• Heart
I had a trapped nerve in my back at the start of lockdown couldn’t move for at least 5 days couldn’t even sit on the toilet to pee gave up in the end had to do it standing in the shower (lucky it wasn’t no:2) TMI 🤣 I had over the phone physio which was absolutely useless tried pain killers that didn’t touch it so decided to have some private physio which helped but when do you stop paying as this back problem is here to stay sorry I digress - in the end I did some Googling and lots of people recommended a tens machine - there was quite a few to choose but I went for the wireless version which is a really small rechargeable portable unit (preferred this as we go away a lot at the moment as my husband has Parkinson’s and unsure for how much longer we can do this for) and it was definitely worth every penny I take it everywhere and whenever it starts to twinge I use it and within 30mins I can walk without looking like I have 💩 myself
Sorry for the essay 💕 and I hope this helps like it does for me
Enclosed a picture of my machine it comes with 4 numbered units which can be used together for different parts of your body

@riddleme89 once again I’m so sorry for your loss 💕xx

Attachments

• Heart
I had a trapped nerve in my back at the start of lockdown couldn’t move for at least 5 days couldn’t even sit on the toilet to pee gave up in the end had to do it standing in the shower (lucky it wasn’t no:2) TMI 🤣 I had over the phone physio which was absolutely useless tried pain killers that didn’t touch it so decided to have some private physio which helped but when do you stop paying as this back problem is here to stay sorry I digress - in the end I did some Googling and lots of people recommended a tens machine - there was quite a few to choose but I went for the wireless version which is a really small rechargeable portable unit (preferred this as we go away a lot at the moment as my husband has Parkinson’s and unsure for how much longer we can do this for) and it was definitely worth every penny I take it everywhere and whenever it starts to twinge I use it and within 30mins I can walk without looking like I have 💩 myself
Sorry for the essay 💕 and I hope this helps like it does for me
Enclosed a picture of my machine it comes with 4 numbered units which can be used together for different parts of your body

@riddleme89 once again I’m so sorry for your loss 💕xx
Tens machines are amazing! I use it for my endometriosis on my tummy. I thought yeah right this isn’t going to work is it but it really does help xx

• Heart
Hi all. Just coming on for a vent. Hubby has been really struggling this last week again. Not sure if it is the antidepressants he was prescribed or what but he hasn't been sleeping. Got some sleeping pills from the doctor. One higher dose did knock him out Monday but he doesn't want to rely on them. His anxiety was really bad again last night so he took a lower dose to try and fall asleep but it didn't work. He's so tired and it's making him so low. I feel lost and unsure what to do at the moment. I can't sleep either as I'm worrying about him. He gets intrusive thoughts and this lack of sleep is just exacerbating that more. The doctor asked if he wanted to try a different ssri but he'd only been on Sertraline for 5 days and know it can get worse before better so said he'd stick with it for now. But now I'm wondering if he should try something else. Up until 2 weeks ago he was ok and since it's been a very scary anxiety rollercoaster with no end in sight at the moment. It's just so exhausting not knowing what to do. Accessing help is hard too. When he's feeling really bad they just say to go to a & e but he can't face that when he's feeling so anxious. Meditation etc just don't seem to be working when he gets worked up at the moment. He's got no energy to do anything from the lack of sleep so just sitting in bed the last few days which doesn't help either. We have a daughter so he doesn't want her seeing him like this which makes him feel more guilty. I'm working from home as I don't want to leave him at the moment.

• Heart
Hi all. Just coming on for a vent. Hubby has been really struggling this last week again. Not sure if it is the antidepressants he was prescribed or what but he hasn't been sleeping. Got some sleeping pills from the doctor. One higher dose did knock him out Monday but he doesn't want to rely on them. His anxiety was really bad again last night so he took a lower dose to try and fall asleep but it didn't work. He's so tired and it's making him so low. I feel lost and unsure what to do at the moment. I can't sleep either as I'm worrying about him. He gets intrusive thoughts and this lack of sleep is just exacerbating that more. The doctor asked if he wanted to try a different ssri but he'd only been on Sertraline for 5 days and know it can get worse before better so said he'd stick with it for now. But now I'm wondering if he should try something else. Up until 2 weeks ago he was ok and since it's been a very scary anxiety rollercoaster with no end in sight at the moment. It's just so exhausting not knowing what to do. Accessing help is hard too. When he's feeling really bad they just say to go to a & e but he can't face that when he's feeling so anxious. Meditation etc just don't seem to be working when he gets worked up at the moment. He's got no energy to do anything from the lack of sleep so just sitting in bed the last few days which doesn't help either. We have a daughter so he doesn't want her seeing him like this which makes him feel more guilty. I'm working from home as I don't want to leave him at the moment.
Oh love what a horrible situation I’m so sorry things are still so bad ❤ for me sertraline didn’t work, it made me 10x worse but I know that’s not the case for everyone. It’s difficult because it definitely makes you worse before better but it’s finding that line between can I push through and will this work or is it best ti stop taking and try something else. I guess only he can make that decision. I was put back on antidepressants in December by 2 weeks I felt awful so told my dr I didn’t want them anymore and came off them and focus on talking therapy instead. For me it was the best decision as I feel better now I’m not taking anything. Only your husband will know how he feels and whether it’s better not taking anything or not. I’m so sorry it’s all so stressful. Sending all my love and I hope things start to get easier for you soon xx

• Heart
Oh love what a horrible situation I’m so sorry things are still so bad ❤ for me sertraline didn’t work, it made me 10x worse but I know that’s not the case for everyone. It’s difficult because it definitely makes you worse before better but it’s finding that line between can I push through and will this work or is it best ti stop taking and try something else. I guess only he can make that decision. I was put back on antidepressants in December by 2 weeks I felt awful so told my dr I didn’t want them anymore and came off them and focus on talking therapy instead. For me it was the best decision as I feel better now I’m not taking anything. Only your husband will know how he feels and whether it’s better not taking anything or not. I’m so sorry it’s all so stressful. Sending all my love and I hope things start to get easier for you soon xx
I think he thought it was worth a go with the meds as he'd not felt this bad before. He is self employed so can't really afford to take too long off work which is an added stressor. He tried talking to someone in Thursday but he said he just felt worse going over and over it. Hard to know what to do for the best. He has a review of the meds next week I think but not sure he can hold out like this that long x

• Heart
I think he thought it was worth a go with the meds as he'd not felt this bad before. He is self employed so can't really afford to take too long off work which is an added stressor. He tried talking to someone in Thursday but he said he just felt worse going over and over it. Hard to know what to do for the best. He has a review of the meds next week I think but not sure he can hold out like this that long x
I’m so sorry l, I have no advice to give but I really hope that you have some support too x

• Heart
I’d call the drs and say he’s struggling and you think the medication review needs to be brought forward until today. When I called my gp they rang me back within 2 hours and decided it was best I come off them so hopefully he can get the same quick input. What I will say with counselling etc is it changed my life. I honestly think if I didn’t have CBT when I did I would’ve ended it all. However saying that, I know how extremely difficult it is. The first few sessions are soul destroying and I agree with him it’s traumatic to go over the same thing constantly but after a while you realise you’re talking about it without it even knowing because that initial pain has gone, it gets easier to talk, you don’t get so much stress or triggers talking about it. If he’s strong willed and determined, like I’m sure he is, my advice would be to push through the first few rough sessions and he’ll start to notice a difference and implement some of the calming techniques he’d of learnt from therapy xx

• Heart
Thanks. I called on Monday asking just for a call back as I didn't want to drag him to the surgery but they said he had to come in. The doctor we saw was more sympathetic and did ask if he wanted to try something else. As he'd not been on them long we thought maybe he should persevere a bit. He slept a bit Monday night with the sleeping pill and didn't feel too bad yesterday morning, although a bit groggy, but then his anxiety just ramped up as the day went on. It seems to stem from if his stomach is a bit off. There's a lot to be said for the brain gut connection I think. Especially when like him he has ibs & ibd. By the time it came to bedtime he was getting anxious about being able to sleep I think.

• Heart