Faces by Grace #86 Yiz seriously didn’t think I’d pay to take the kids on holiday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm going to try provide a synopsis of the breastfeeding Facebook group debacle, which is when I first came across FBG. I haven't read the wiki yet, so don't know if it has been discussed. Also, please bear with me - it was a good 6/7 years ago (whenever Sienna was born).

After Sienna was born, Grace joined a very supportive Irish breastfeeding Facebook group. This group make no bones about the fact that they are "political" (for want of a better word) around breastfeeding issues, along with being a major support for THOUSANDS of mothers throughout their breastfeeding journey. They are not anti-formula feeding, but anti-formula companies and their underhand tactics. Their major aim, along with support, is education. They are also very clear that they will ALWAYS "provide a breastfeeding solution to a breastfeeding problem". Finally, this FB group have provided a safe space and helped more breastfeeding mothers than any Irish government/healthcare system initiative (or lack there of) ever has.

On looking to join, the admin of this group - realising who Grace was; an instahun - made it clear to Grace that this was a private group, supporting some very vulnerable women. First rule of this FB group: don't name this FB group*

*Obviously the group was known and spoken about, but due to it's nature it was more "tell a genuine friend where to look if they need support, but don't blast it all over socials".

So Grace agreed to the above and to any other rules in place to protect the members. Grace was also made aware of the ('political') nature of the group. But in typical Grace fashion, she didn't listen. Grace presented with a breastfeeding issue, but the bottom line was she wanted to be slapped on the back and told it was grand to stop BF and go on formula. Now, of course that is absolutely anyone's right - but couldn't be further from the premise of this Facebook group and the support they provide. And Grace was explicitly told this.

Members and admin gave up so much of their time trying to support Grace with breastfeeding Sienna, but Grace didn't want to know. She - as always - wanted an easy (to her) option and wanted to be told she was great for giving up breastfeeding etc etc. When that wasn't forthcoming, Baby Grace kicked up a stink. She made up all sorts of stories (lies) and trolled that group all over social media, blasting their name to anyone who would listen. This led to the inevitable. Every weirdo under the sun tried to join the group. Being a BF group, there were lots of 'initimate' pictures that genuine people posted looking for advice, photos of babies, detailed stories etc. Of course no FB group is sacrosanct, but damn if those admin didn't put their all into making it the safest space they could. And after the social media bashing from Grace, they ended up spending more time vetting weirdos than providing support and god knows how many members/would-be members it affected.

Grace left the group and went on to set up her own "support" ahem group on FB. Whatdoyouknow, another doomed FBG project that caused way more harm than good. Grace can barely wash her face, nevermind provide the support a group like that needs. I was never a member, so I don't know what went down, but from what I recall Grace stepped back and watched the world burn.

ETA: I was never affiliated with the group other than being a member at the time, but admin were very clear how things went down; from letting members know FBG was joining but making it clear they had discussed the nature of the group with her beforehand and she had agreed to their privacy rules and promised not to blast them all over social media, so not to worry about continuing to share/look for support as before, to how Grace reacted afterwards when she didn't get the response she wanted. I also saw the posts from FBG at the time and the continued aftershock within the group for months and months afterwards.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Why the hand under the chins all the time?

she that lazy couldn’t even say how much it should cause without the savings 😂

Reactions: 8
I got one of them hydrafacials a while ago. I won it in a competition.

I'm not joking when I say my skin has never been worse. It's super dry and flakey and looks dehydrated. I have a couple of spots and a few lumps and bumps !
I had to exfoliate the next day it was so dry.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I love the videos she puts up of her getting facials. She looks absolutely comatosed in a deep sleep and someone comes in to slap tit on her face. It just looks like a pamper grace while she has a nap session and I lol every single time!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Of course they are her favourite when they're free. Can anyone make sense of the pricing of them she was shiteing on about?

Reactions: 14
Is that the same black top she’s has on her for the past 3 days???

Reactions: 3
I'm going to try provide a synopsis of the breastfeeding Facebook group debacle, which is when I first came across FBG. I haven't read the wiki yet, so don't know if it has been discussed. Also, please bear with me - it was a good 6/7 years ago (whenever Sienna was born).

After Sienna was born, Grace joined a very supportive Irish breastfeeding Facebook group. This group make no bones about the fact that they are "political" (for want of a better word) around breastfeeding issues, along with being a major support for THOUSANDS of mothers throughout their breastfeeding journey. They are not anti-formula feeding, but anti-formula companies and their underhand tactics. Their major aim, along with support, is education. They are also very clear that they will ALWAYS "provide a breastfeeding solution to a breastfeeding problem". Finally, this FB group have provided a safe space and helped more breastfeeding mothers than any Irish government/healthcare system initiative (or lack there of) ever has.

On looking to join, the admin of this group - realising who Grace was; an instahun - made it clear to Grace that this was a private group, supporting some very vulnerable women. First rule of this FB group: don't name this FB group*

*Obviously the group was known and spoken about, but due to it's nature it was more "tell a genuine friend where to look if they need support, but don't blast it all over socials".

So Grace agreed to the above and to any other rules in place to protect the members. Grace was also made aware of the ('political') nature of the group. But in typical Grace fashion, she didn't listen. Grace presented with a breastfeeding issue, but the bottom line was she wanted to be slapped on the back and told it was grand to stop BF and go on formula. Now, of course that is absolutely anyone's right - but couldn't be further from the premise of this Facebook group and the support they provide. And Grace was explicitly told this.

Members and admin gave up so much of their time trying to support Grace with breastfeeding Sienna, but Grace didn't want to know. She - as always - wanted an easy (to her) option and wanted to be told she was great for giving up breastfeeding etc etc. When that wasn't forthcoming, Baby Grace kicked up a stink. She made up all sorts of stories (lies) and trolled that group all over social media, blasting their name to anyone who would listen. This led to the inevitable. Every weirdo under the sun tried to join the group. Being a BF group, there were lots of 'initimate' pictures that genuine people posted looking for advice, photos of babies, detailed stories etc. Of course no FB group is sacrosanct, but damn if those admin didn't put their all into making it the safest space they could. And after the social media bashing from Grace, they ended up spending more time vetting weirdos than providing support and god knows how many members/would-be members it affected.

Grace left the group and went on to set up her own "support" ahem group on FB. Whatdoyouknow, another doomed FBG project that caused way more harm than good. Grace can barely wash her face, nevermind provide the support a group like that needs. I was never a member, so I don't know what went down, but from what I recall Grace stepped back and watched the world burn.

ETA: I was never affiliated with the group other than being a member at the time, but admin were very clear how things went down; from letting members know FBG was joining but making it clear they had discussed the nature of the group with her beforehand and she had agreed to their privacy rules and promised not to blast them all over social media, so not to worry about continuing to share/look for support as before, to how Grace reacted afterwards when she didn't get the response she wanted. I also saw the posts from FBG at the time and the continued aftershock within the group for months and months afterwards.
I’m shook - the bad behaviour, the disrespect. Another level 😡

Reactions: 11

I'll get this added soon once mini beefcake is in bed

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I love the videos she puts up of her getting facials. She looks absolutely comatosed in a deep sleep and someone comes in to slap tit on her face. It just looks like a pamper grace while she has a nap session and I lol every single time!!
Remember she went for the day freezing. A thirty minute procedure and she had her lunch beside her 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m shook - the bad behaviour, the disrespect. Another level 😡
I remember this whole debacle. She came across as a right nasty witch. The subsequent group she set up turned very VERY nasty if I remember correctly.
I was breastfeeding around the same time. My local cuidiu group just wasn’t for me so I sought out help on the bf group. I remember feeling like a failure because I struggled with feeding my child but didn’t want to just give up. When I joined “her group” I thought I would get the support I needed. How wrong was I?? It was a shot show of nasty witches. Very anti breastfeeding too believe it or not…..

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I remember that all. Didn't she not only post a screenshot of the group but also a comment (supportive) to her which included the lady's name and profile picture in Facebook.
The way she set her lemmings after the group was shameful. Some of their replies in the comments section of her posts at the time, to women from that group are still with me they were that bad, most of these huns prob had be kind ij their peofile but were saying the most disgusting things in defense of this absolutely dangerous person. They were begging her to call them off if memory serves. Course Grace made herself the victim and got herself loads of attention

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Well beautique beauty just lost me as a customer!
If you save 25a week you get it for a hundred every four weeks, as it usually costs ???? Story cuts off haha great advertising there ya gobshite 🙄

I remember that all. Didn't she not only post a screenshot of the group but also a comment (supportive) to her which included the lady's name and profile picture in Facebook.
The way she set her lemmings after the group was shameful. Some of their replies in the comments section of her posts at the time, to women from that group are still with me they were that bad, most of these huns prob had be kind ij their peofile but were saying the most disgusting things in defense of this absolutely dangerous person. They were begging her to call them off if memory serves. Course Grace made herself the victim and got herself loads of attention

Pity there isint any receipts...sounds horrendous...so she destroyed one carefully organised group and set up one herself that led to bullying of others ...if she survived that then she really is going no where ...its beyond frustrating...thank ye for the wiki..it all needs to be there ...dunno will brands ever cop on to looking here but who knows...they might in time

Reactions: 11
If you save 25a week you get it for a hundred every four weeks, as it usually costs ???? Story cuts off haha great advertising there ya gobshite 🙄
"Super saver scheme" as she called it. Makes it sound like a credit union loan!!! Eh no, you just hand over money to the company and they hold it for your next big appointment.

Reactions: 15
I hadn't a clue who Grace was back then, so I had no opinion on her either way and I was just horrified at her carry on. But it gave the measure of her and nothing has changed since.

I remember at the time thinking how people who didn't know her from adam gave up so much time - many with small babies/families themselves - to help her with breastfeeding, only for her to throw it back in their faces. But now I'm not surprised AT ALL.

Take, take, take and show no appreciation whatsoever is ALL she ever does. God, I'd be mortified if that's what my name was associated with - being a bad mother and a horrible, greedy, self-centred brat.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.