Faces By Grace #4 #Failgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to suffer with anxiety. Was on medication and seeing a clinical psychologist. Time away from parenting, with my partner (at the time) in a relaxing environment that was nothing like home, actually helped me greatly. It helped me feel refreshed and cleared my mind of whatever stressors were at home. Everyone is different.

Same when people say that her anxiety is fake because it doesn't happen when she has a photo shoot or an event or something fun. My anxiety was the worst at night when I was alone. I would throw myself into work, study, social life, anything to stop my mind being quiet because that is when I would spiral. I would get panic attacks when I was no longer busy. To people around me it looked like I was thriving. Any time I share my history of anxiety with people, they without fail will say something along the lines of "you seem so chill and confident, I would never think anything phases you".

I'm not saying this to defend grace btw, just that others may read comments and think "oh I mustn't be struggling if I am able to go away and be fine, I need to just cop on" or whatever else, everyone is different.
You are definitely right.. every person is different... but... from my perspective I feel grace is being very very disingenuous about it... I just dont believe shes being completely truthful..

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I used to suffer with anxiety. Was on medication and seeing a clinical psychologist. Time away from parenting, with my partner (at the time) in a relaxing environment that was nothing like home, actually helped me greatly. It helped me feel refreshed and cleared my mind of whatever stressors were at home. Everyone is different.

Same when people say that her anxiety is fake because it doesn't happen when she has a photo shoot or an event or something fun. My anxiety was the worst at night when I was alone. I would throw myself into work, study, social life, anything to stop my mind being quiet because that is when I would spiral. I would get panic attacks when I was no longer busy. To people around me it looked like I was thriving. Any time I share my history of anxiety with people, they without fail will say something along the lines of "you seem so chill and confident, I would never think anything phases you".

I'm not saying this to defend grace btw, just that others may read comments and think "oh I mustn't be struggling if I am able to go away and be fine, I need to just cop on" or whatever else, everyone is different.
I have to say my daughter is the same. She says herself when shes left to her own devices she tends to overthink, and it can lead to a sudden downward spiral. But she struggles with going to new places or meeting new people- she 'wants' to, bit can get overwhelmed easily if she let's herself, so we try to keep her occupied and distracted so it's not as scary for her.

Reactions: 3
You are definitely right.. every person is different... but... from my perspective I feel grace is being very very disingenuous about it... I just dont believe shes being completely truthful..
Yeah i get what you mean, and there probably is an element of that with grace. I just dont think blanket statements about mental health are helpful is all, because it can be so varied. Especially with anxiety because one thing that becomes very difficult when suffering from anxiety is knowing the difference between genuine/legitimate concern/stress and just general anxiety, which leads to a lifetime of second guessing for some people. So anybody reading statements about how anxiety always affects people in one way, or how x y or z wouldn't be possible if it were a real anxiety condition, might then question or doubt their own experience. Maybe I'm just hyper conscious of it because I struggled myself with distinguishing between legitimate stress and an anxiety attack, which caused me more anxiety πŸ™ƒ it is so hard to trust your own gut/intuition when it is constantly failing you πŸ˜„

Reactions: 5
They clearly stayed another night. I guess it's up to the individual, but my partner was made redundant last month too and one of the goals we set to keep our spirits up was aim to get away on a staycation as a family, WITH our toddler and baby. We're just back from three nights away all together and it was brilliant and refreshing to just spend quality time together somewhere different. Why she feels she needs to ditch the kids or ship them off to her mother is just bleeping beyond me I'm sorry.

Reactions: 22
They clearly stayed another night. I guess it's up to the individual, but my partner was made redundant last month too and one of the goals we set to keep our spirits up was aim to get away on a staycation as a family, WITH our toddler and baby. We're just back from three nights away all together and it was brilliant and refreshing to just spend quality time together somewhere different. Why she feels she needs to ditch the kids or ship them off to her mother is just bleeping beyond me I'm sorry.
Well I think from experience you do need some time away as a couple if you can. But I would always prioritise a family holiday if I had to choose. I'm sure she'll be off again soon for a gifted holiday with the kids. Maybe she'll bring the mams along for a break too. Like she did before. I honestly always miss my kids when I go away without them.

Reactions: 4
Well I think from experience you do need some time away as a couple if you can. But I would always prioritise a family holiday if I had to choose. I'm sure she'll be off again soon for a gifted holiday with the kids. Maybe she'll bring the mams along for a break too. Like she did before. I honestly always miss my kids when I go away without them.
Honestly, I agree. I'm a single parent and the idea of being away without kids sounds like heaven. Whether its with a partner or alone πŸ˜„ i have no shame in saying that the odd time I have a night or two child free, I dont be pining. And equally so, I'm sure they enjoy their parent free time πŸ˜„

Reactions: 12
Excactly especially when you see other bloggers with kids ie just Jordan who is always around her kids or holidays with them and enjoys it. Grace drops hers at any chance and you think she would be missing sienna when hasn’t seen her in ages. Poor Hayden always seems to be in baby jail, his high chair or buggy. I’ve never seen her play with them or have the crack with them

Reactions: 18
She put up a story at the start of the break saying she was looking to a full nights sleep which is something most parents could relate to but anytime she shows her fitbit she is getting about 11 hours sleep!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Exactly Rosie, Pippa , Tiggy , the skehans - always with their children doing stuff plus having couple time etc . This one has hours of me time every day ( waxing meditation picnics lunch wedding planning ) then 3 nights away too .

Reactions: 16
That's the point. I totally get the need for child-free alone time and couple time, obviously. But their evening date for fish & chips by the water, the day out wedding planning, and everything in between, that IS your child-free time, that's your leisure time when you've got kids, and you have to be OK with that. You change your perspective and appreciate the small "breaks". You do not need to additionally send your children to a different county for extended periods or go away for several nights on top of that, all within a fortnight. And it's like that with her most of the time.
I have to be honest, if I went on like that about my "need" for relaxation and alone time and naps and a break to recharge etc. at the rate she does, my family (ie. the people I would ask to mind my kids for me) would be giving me a serious talking to.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m such an outdoorsy gal

Omg the actual lolz

She is rarely outside! Wtf

All we ever see is her sitting on her couch drinking coffee having me time. Again.

I’d say it’s hard work hauling your couches and your gifted 2coffee machines out your gifted back garden to chill in your zen zone while someone else minds your kids and cleans your house

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
So that coffee photo wasnt even of her this morning, unless shes had a complete change of clothes! That girl is on some mission to get her numbers up ( another pointless question ), id say she's definitely in a financial crisis! I cant believe the eejits that write back to her !

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Whats your morning routine ..

What brings you calmness ?

7844 photos of herself...

It's so obvious shes trying to up her engagement.. but it's so forced and has an unnatural flow about it

Reactions: 26
That's the point. I totally get the need for child-free alone time and couple time, obviously. But their evening date for fish & chips by the water, the day out wedding planning, and everything in between, that IS your child-free time, that's your leisure time when you've got kids, and you have to be OK with that. You change your perspective and appreciate the small "breaks". You do not need to additionally send your children to a different county for extended periods or go away for several nights on top of that, all within a fortnight. And it's like that with her most of the time.
I have to be honest, if I went on like that about my "need" for relaxation and alone time and naps and a break to recharge etc. at the rate she does, my family (ie. the people I would ask to mind my kids for me) would be giving me a serious talking to.
I agree, everyone needs space & to have a break. I’ll admit it’s tough being a parent especially when they are small & so demanding etc but a break for me (& most of my friends) would be getting our nails done or doing the shopping alone for like an hour or two here & thereπŸ˜…How long is she away for? Ages!! My kids would be lonely looking for me after 1/2 nights max. I don’t think I could enjoy being away from them for that long when they’re so little.

Reactions: 9
She lost another 67 followers from yesterday again. So all her wonderful, excessive content isn't working either. I'll might keep an eye on this to see how her brand and sponsorship deals go. Surely companies want someone at the top of their game not someone who has lost an ambition for this type of job and losing over 1500 followers a month.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.