Faces By Grace #4 #Failgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Using Cancer as a fundraiser? What do you mean by that? I'm really baffled as to why so many people are letting this get to them. People donated because they wanted to and no one held a gun to their head. Literally all she's done is bought a more reliable car to get her to and from treatment and people are on a mad one. I get she's been going on trips away but she's already stated she had a voucher for one of them and the other she probably had money put away for herself. I think it's madness to be starting a thread on her while she's going through a tit time in her life just because you're annoyed she's using affiliate links when she's had a fundraiser happen for her.
Completely agree.

So what if she has affiliate links anyway? They all do ? So because she has cancer she shouldn't use affiliate links?

And I also agree there shouldn't be a thread on her. She's going through enough. This been agreed there shouldn't be a thread for Rachel gorry so there shouldn't be one for shannon either imo

Reactions: 27
Completely agree.

So what if she has affiliate links anyway? They all do ? So because she has cancer she shouldn't use affiliate links?

And I also agree there shouldn't be a thread on her. She's going through enough. This been agreed there shouldn't be a thread for Rachel gorry so there shouldn't be one for shannon either imo
I've noticed a lot of people comparing their own situation to hers and while I get they've had a difficult time comparison really is the thief of joy. Everyone is different and I don't see why she shouldn't use her platform to seek a little help if she can. She's not been disingenuous nor has she lied about getting a new car etc. She's been very upfront in fact and a lot of people are now just coming across as bitter that she has that support. I don't understand it to be honest.

Reactions: 16
I've noticed a lot of people comparing their own situation to hers and while I get they've had a difficult time comparison really is the thief of joy. Everyone is different and I don't see why she shouldn't use her platform to seek a little help if she can. She's not been disingenuous nor has she lied about getting a new car etc. She's been very upfront in fact and a lot of people are now just coming across as bitter that she has that support. I don't understand it to be honest.
Me neither. I saw someone write into one of them Instagram pages moaning because she got freebies in a hotel. Again, but so what??!!!! Jesus.

I watched a parent go through cancer treatment. It's horrific.

Reactions: 10
Completely agree.

I just wish I had the initiative and Strength she has 🙄🙄😱😱

Reactions: 3
Me neither. I saw someone write into one of them Instagram pages moaning because she got freebies in a hotel. Again, but so what??!!!! Jesus.

I watched a parent go through cancer treatment. It's horrific.
It's weird to me because it comes across as jealousy of the freebies or the new car or whatever but I'd take having my health any day over any of that and I'm sure she would too. I'm sure the new car probably didn't even make a dent in the go fund me and the rest will be used for everyday expenses and any treatment she may be able to get abroad that she can't get here. It's her 3rd time fighting the same cancer and if this bit of money can help her find a way to beat it once and for all then I'm all for it. People need to live and let live.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Shannen created her page to bring awareness to cancer in young people and her experience with it. She started off with a few followers and has built up her following through what I find is her likability and her honesty. I’m so sorry that person feel sicks with anger having been a cancer patient themselves I’m sure they had a rough time. But I would also of thought they would be more understanding of her situation. Other people began the gofundme on her behalf and it’s a tool for people to to donate to good cause should they wish to do so. The girl has a young family, her partner is driving her to appointments big swinging mickey she bought a new car from the money, she gonna spend the next 6 months in it up and down to Dublin. And so what she had a few nights in hotels in Ireland before she begins her 3rd cancer treatment. 2nd in a year. I don’t understand some people. This isn’t your standard blagger. This is a young girl has a fight for her life in front of her and you’re feel sick about leggings. There definitely shouldn’t be a thread on her, for what? To discuss her chemo? My Mom went through cancer I wouldn’t wish it on the devil and I applaud every person that fights that fight it’s the hardest thing to see the person you love so much go through. I’m glad Shannens family have received the godundme I hope it helps them during the worst time of their lives, for the third time.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
My husband was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago we have 3 kids at the time from 12 to 5, he was self employed and not entitled to any payment from sw. He worked through his chemo initially he took 6 weeks off after surgery we didnt get anything to help us, we are still paying back a loan we took out to help us through it. I donated to shannen because I know the struggle but you see holidays and new cars turned me off I thought it was to help with her Bill's and rent so she could rest during treatment, we struggled mortgate on hold and never told our kids what was going on, I'm sorry but she had a better car than me before the new one not impressed

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Screenshot_20200721-150733_Chrome.jpg
We DON'T have to wear masks yet! Until the government decide on the proper rules and fines etc and how it will be policed etc....this is on the Gov.ie page! They were meeting last Monday about the legislation but nothing has come from it yet. So Grace was actually ok not wearing a mask, and Penneys obviously had no issue with her not wearing one while "pulling stock" for her "creative content🤦‍♀️".

Reactions: 2
View attachment 189980We DON'T have to wear masks yet! Until the government decide on the proper rules and fines etc and how it will be policed etc....this is on the Gov.ie page! They were meeting last Monday about the legislation but nothing has come from it yet. So Grace was actually ok not wearing a mask, and Penneys obviously had no issue with her not wearing one while "pulling stock" for her "creative content🤦‍♀️".
Just because we don't have to doesn't mean we shouldn't. She's gone on about wearing masks before. She shouldn't preach about it if she's not going to do it. Why should I wear my mask to protect her if she wouldn't grant me the same courtesy?!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Sweet Jesus do we have to explain masks, the importance of their correct usage and the inherent responsibility of someone with a 176k following In being a responsible Irish citizen

I’m loathe to say role model

That Irish doctor that died yesterday had 5 children

Masks have been proven to protect you and others

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Someone has commented in the pic of the kids to say the post should be flagged as gifted as she got the clothes for free. Wonder how long the comment will last

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just because we don't have to doesn't mean we shouldn't. She's gone on about wearing masks before. She shouldn't preach about it if she's not going to do it. Why should I wear my mask to protect her if she wouldn't grant me the same courtesy?!
Exactly. The government shouldn’t have to tell us what to do and force us to protect others. Influencers influence others. It would be nice to see her, or any of them, leading by example.
Influencers are the ones receiving so many free masks and cases etc. They’re the ones posting selfies with the masks on to be trendy or whatever yet they’re the same ones we see not practicing safety. We’ve seen Laura cry about an old man and how everyone should wear masks yet her reflections when she’s filming near windows or mirrors... she’s not wearing them. They’re the ones leaving the country for their holidays and not isolating. They’re the ones scooting around Ireland non stop. Yes, we’re allowed to but some are taking the piss. Hopping counties when we were in phase 2. Staying at bars and restaurants for far too long. At this point I’d say non of them are even washing their hands.

Reactions: 23
There might not be any legislation in place yet but the advice is to wear a mask in shops. Surely anyone with an ounce of cop on is doing this anyway.

Reactions: 17
My husband was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago we have 3 kids at the time from 12 to 5, he was self employed and not entitled to any payment from sw. He worked through his chemo initially he took 6 weeks off after surgery we didnt get anything to help us, we are still paying back a loan we took out to help us through it. I donated to shannen because I know the struggle but you see holidays and new cars turned me off I thought it was to help with her Bill's and rent so she could rest during treatment, we struggled mortgate on hold and never told our kids what was going on, I'm sorry but she had a better car than me before the new one not impressed
That’s absolute madness
that is absolute madness, you can claim when your self employed especially under your husbands circumstances he definitely would of been entitled to illnesses benefit.

Reactions: 1
That’s absolute madness

that is absolute madness, you can claim when your self employed especially under your husbands circumstances he definitely would of been entitled to illnesses benefit.
The eligibility for self employed people (in ireland) for certain payments only changed in late 2017, before that it was actually very difficult to receive any sick payment if self employed, especially if a partner was working which put the family over the (quite low) limit for any other means assessed payments. Thankfully there is more protection now for self employed people.

View attachment 189980We DON'T have to wear masks yet! Until the government decide on the proper rules and fines etc and how it will be policed etc....this is on the Gov.ie page! They were meeting last Monday about the legislation but nothing has come from it yet. So Grace was actually ok not wearing a mask, and Penneys obviously had no issue with her not wearing one while "pulling stock" for her "creative content🤦‍♀️".
With such a large platform she has a chance to set an example. Read it again and you will see its recommended in shops, soon to be a requirement. And I'm sure grace, was fine, her buddies were wearing masks, incorrectly, but they were thinking of others, wearing masks protect those around you not the wearer of the mask.
🙄

Reactions: 5
The whole thing with Shannen is unacceptable. People moaning that she bought a newer car but you have to factor in that she has to travel regularly up to Dublin. Her older car may have had issues that the price of the work to fix it may have just been too much and upgrading to a newer model would of been a much better investment. Travelling to treatment is a bill. Its much more comfortable for her than getting public transport which would put her health at more risk and would accumilate a lot of money over time, not to mention the complete hassle that would be. Let the girl be more comfortable for duck sake. I had cancer and I dont give a flying duck. That money was raised so her bills etc could be taking care of, to ease the burden. I consider travel a big bill. Shes going to be feeling sick and tired after treatments, a more comfortable and reliable car would be so helpful for her travelling up and down constantly. She can have a rest in private. Imagine sitting in a car for hours when youre already feeling like shite, leave her be.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The whole thing with Shannen is unacceptable. People moaning that she bought a newer car but you have to factor in that she has to travel regularly up to Dublin. Her older car may have had issues that the price of the work to fix it may have just been too much and upgrading to a newer model would of been a much better investment. Travelling to treatment is a bill. Its much more comfortable for her than getting public transport which would put her health at more risk and would accumilate a lot of money over time, not to mention the complete hassle that would be. Let the girl be more comfortable for duck sake. I had cancer and I dont give a flying duck. That money was raised so her bills etc could be taking care of, to ease the burden. I consider travel a big bill. Shes going to be feeling sick and tired after treatments, a more comfortable and reliable car would be so helpful for her travelling up and down constantly. She can have a rest in private. Imagine sitting in a car for hours when youre already feeling like shite, leave her be.
I dont follow her but have picked up a few comments that her old car was quite a new car anyway. As I say I dont follow and my opinion is that noone was forced to donate but i can see why that would annoy people.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.