F1 chatter #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
a completely accurate re-enactment i’m sure 😂

This is gold 😅 and little Sharl in This is Art suit and apologies:cry::cry:🥰

Poor Carlos (what a finale of the break ups that started in 2023...) but as I read one comment (and the hair on this funko Carlos reminded me) he can be proud he survived Ferrari Hair Curse, his hair is even more amazing than before :LOL:

About the timing of announcement: I think it was actually good. And by the time Lewis arrives to Maranello the joke that is circulating that he got himself a Ferrari for 40th birthday will get old :LOL::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't know if i find these posts really funny or just pathetic 😅

View attachment 2732925
It might have come out of the blue for Mercedes, but they have a year to find a replacement, and even if the car is a tractor, it's not as if it's Haas and drivers are going to be that unwilling to drive for Mercedes they are gonna get desperate for a retired has been who is spitting his dummy out about 2008 still or a bang average driver trying to maintain an IndyCar career. It's quite embarrassing.

Instantly there is two Spaniards who I'm sure would go there, two Frenchmen probably desperate to escape La Bastille for a better team. Albon is an option. Merc will be looking at their juniors, especially Kimi in F2 this year. Liam Lawson could be poached from Red Bull with a big pile of money they won't have to pay Lewis anymore.

Reactions: 6
It might have come out of the blue for Mercedes, but they have a year to find a replacement, and even if the car is a tractor, it's not as if it's Haas and drivers are going to be that unwilling to drive for Mercedes they are gonna get desperate for a retired has been who is spitting his dummy out about 2008 still or a bang average driver trying to maintain an IndyCar career. It's quite embarrassing.

Instantly there is two Spaniards who I'm sure would go there, two Frenchmen probably desperate to escape La Bastille for a better team. Albon is an option. Merc will be looking at their juniors, especially Kimi in F2 this year. Liam Lawson could be poached from Red Bull with a big pile of money they won't have to pay Lewis anymore.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

poaching liam is honestly an option i hadn’t considered and i am now intrigued by it. merc are ultimately going to have a lot of freed up money to play with so that kind of move wouldn’t surprise me. my head is kinda saying it’s alex tbh, but merc is really a solid move for so many drivers (both currently on the grid and in juniors) that a lot of agents are gonna be pretty busy next year i feel 🤣

I wonder if the escape clause said either side had to give a years notice so it had to be done pre season and once done it couldn’t be hidden so had to come out immediately

Reactions: 3
I wonder if the escape clause said either side had to give a years notice so it had to be done pre season and once done it couldn’t be hidden so had to come out immediately
apparently not (also a year wouldn’t it be as contracts would have a 31.12. end date, probably closer to 6 month) and that Lewis announced it early as courtesy, so they can find a replacement.

but late enough that Lando and Charles are both with new contracts 🤫 but we also thought Lewis was safe for those 2 years, there was no rumors of a 1+1 contract. So maybe one of those apart of Charles have a exit clause as well

Or lando signed because he simply didn’t want to face the pressure to leave McLaren and decided to drive and start fresh

Reactions: 3
Italian press poetry has started (😂🥰 this is the beginning of translation of one article on reddit😅

Screenshot_20240203-124512_Reddit.jpg

Reactions: 2
IDK about Massa but Grosjean's just a joke about how Mercedes promised him a test in their car in May 2021 as a response to Bahrain 2020, but some calendar changes in 2021 and him being busy with Indy have led to it being delayed indefinitely.
Yes i know 😅 There was a interview of him not long ago where he says that it was his fault if the test never happened because he was busy with indycar.
And he also said that now it will probably be complicated to make it happen because these tests are included in the cost cap and that, of course, Mercedes will prefer to do something else with this money

This is the most Charles thing to ever happen to Charles 😂😂

Screenshot_20240203_140336_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
This pic of Martin and Lando is just 🤩🤩
It can be an album cover or something

Screenshot_20240203_140005_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Classy post, classy guy
I love this message, seems honest and #grateful appears in good proportions to everything else ;)

Also it seems only right now that there will be a whole season with Mercedes for them to kind of celebrate and live through it, knowing it is their last season together.

Now we have formalities done dear Lewis, you know what your next post should be! 🥰 🥰
---
This pic of Martin and Lando is just 🤩🤩
It can be an album cover or something

View attachment 2733199

It is an amazing photo. It seems this is the famous cave I watched a documentary about not long ago, it looks out of this world. Lando seems to have amazing winter break adventure-wise, I hope this is just what he needed
---
This is the most Charles thing to ever happen to Charles 😂😂

View attachment 2733204
so are you telling me that someone hacked his profile and put the song there pretending to be Charles? (After that tiktok AI moderated singing clips with drivers voices I am scared) 😅😅😅

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
According to Italian journalist Ferrari only needed 3 weeks to get Lewis to sign - after it took like 3 months between Lewis and Merc to work out the contract language

Ferrari did for sure let Lewis teams dictate the terms without many rounds of revisions 😳

Reactions: 4
so are you telling me that someone hacked his profile and put the song there pretending to be Charles? (After that tiktok AI moderated singing clips with drivers voices I am scared) 😅😅😅
yes; the songs were all called “lablonde” (numbered 1-100). it was beautiful but we had to pretend it was a hack :(

(i haven’t heard what it was but apparently yes - don’t know if it was an AI voice or just someone uploading their own stuff to a popular account though 😂)

also this lewis post is really just confirming to me that he just wanted to the chance to be in ferrari red (i guess all drivers secretly have that dream) before he retired. and why the heck not.

• Haha
yes; the songs were all called “lablonde” (numbered 1-100). it was beautiful but we had to pretend it was a hack :(

(i haven’t heard what it was but apparently yes - don’t know if it was an AI voice or just someone uploading their own stuff to a popular account though 😂)

also this lewis post is really just confirming to me that he just wanted to the chance to be in ferrari red (i guess all drivers secretly have that dream) before he retired. and why the heck not.
Great post from Lewis, like the fact that he let the dust settle first, he has great advisors for sure!

I am actually really excited to see Lewis and Sharl together, 100% better vibe than Lewis and George ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.