F1 Chatter #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its a tough one for Lando...would he want to go from team No 1 to a firm no 2 driver at this time though? It's a bit of a poisoned chalice and by the time Max retires his chance for a Championship might be over. I guess if he's happy with a few wins and the chance to drive a better car then it might be a bitter pill worth swallowing 🤷🏻‍♀️
i think max isn’t in f1 for the long haul (given how he speaks about it and his general enjoyment levels) - if i was lando i would absolutely put up with two or three seasons as a second driver in a great car to then potentially have a few seasons, when still in my late 20s or so, where i’m number one driver in a team where, by that point, i’m well established.

i also think is lewis’ last or penultimate season so that other merc seat becomes interesting too imo. i desperately DESPERATELY need charles to go there 🤣

Reactions: 6
I don't want Lando to go to Red Bull, because I hate Red Bull and I hate that Lando won't get to be Lando fully at Red Bull - no fun helmets anymore etc.

But Lando deserves a winning car, he deserves so much more than McLaren are giving him.

And then will Lando be given the chance to win? Or will he just be a number 2 to Max in a car designed solely to suit Max again?
if he’s smart, i think he would take it and ride it out a bit. max isn’t going to be in this sport very long in comparison to other drivers (imo) - if lando seriously wants to be WC at some point…. i would do it, do a few seasons as number 2 and bank on max retiring before he’s 30. a risk, but options are limited!

Reactions: 7
i think max isn’t in f1 for the long haul (given how he speaks about it and his general enjoyment levels)
He's contracted until he's 31. I don't believe for a second he'll leave before then. He might not like everything about the circus but he likes winning. Lando will still be young enough to win but no 2 driver doesn't automatically become the no 1 there *cough Mark Webber cough Daniel cough*

Reactions: 3
And I’m not convinced it will be Daniel but ya I’m starting to agree. Even Martin Brundle was making little comments throughout the race which wouldn’t have been made about Checo last year imo
I agree with you about Daniel. Especially after the comments Marko made about him still being far behind Checo in the sim (i know it is Marko and some the things he says are just rubbish but i don't know why he would say that if it wasn't true). I think Checo losing his seat at Red Bull or Carlos at Ferrari (as much as he pains me to say this 😪) is what will kick the start of the silly season this year.

• Heart
if he’s smart, i think he would take it and ride it out a bit. max isn’t going to be in this sport very long in comparison to other drivers (imo) - if lando seriously wants to be WC at some point…. i would do it, do a few seasons as number 2 and bank on max retiring before he’s 30. a risk, but options are limited!
It does feel like it's his only chance. Unless Mercedes get their tit together. But it does feel like when Lewis goes Charles to Mercedes is the option.

I'm just not wanting to have to support Red Bull, but I'd do it for Lando, and only Lando. 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Is there any other talent with RB at the moment that could be a future no 1 driver?

Also biggest question is also with every change for 26 - how will each team get the new regulations right? Then RB is swapping the motor - as does AM

Reactions: 2
I agree with you about Daniel. Especially after the comments Marko made about him still being far behind Checo in the sim (i know it is Marko and some the things he says are just rubbish but i don't know why he would say that if it wasn't true). I think Checo losing his seat at Red Bull or Carlos at Ferrari (as much as he pains me to say this 😪) is what will kick the start of the silly season this year.
you think carlos is losing his seat? 🥲

i actually don’t think you’re wrong there but it will make me so sad. might be the best for him but where would he go? where would checo go?

Charles contract is up in 24? That would work perfect with Lewis moving to a non driver role at Mercedes, and will be the strong two driver team that Mercedes loves and needs

I don’t see Carlos position currently up in the air at Ferrari, he does perform better then Charles to be honest at the moment

Charles contract is up in 24? That would work perfect with Lewis moving to a non driver role at Mercedes, and will be the strong two driver team that Mercedes loves and needs

I don’t see Carlos position currently up in the air at Ferrari, he does perform better then Charles to be honest at the moment
charles to mercedes has been my dream for a long while and, like you say, the timings seem so perfect. i think he’s had several wake-up calls about ferrari but would he actually take the leap and leave them? he SHOULD but who knows. it would be very interesting for george if that’s how it went down!

Its a tough one for Lando...would he want to go from team No 1 to a firm no 2 driver at this time though? It's a bit of a poisoned chalice and by the time Max retires his chance for a Championship might be over. I guess if he's happy with a few wins and the chance to drive a better car then it might be a bitter pill worth swallowing 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think if he has the opportunity to go to red bull he should take it. Yes maybe the start will be hard against max and he will struggle. But it is also an opportunity to show what he can do in a top car. And if he refuses it he may never have another chance in the future. And i firmly believe Max will be done with f1 in 28 at the latest considering how he speaks about f1 recently and how he would be interested in doing some endurance racing and the le Mans 24h. So it can be lando chance to be red bull future.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Personally I think Lando to Audi...looking forward to them joining. The grid needs a shake up.
I did but with what’s coming up at McLaren I‘m not sure they got the right man with Seidl to be honest
---
charles to mercedes has been my dream for a long while and, like you say, the timings seem so perfect. i think he’s had several wake-up calls about ferrari but would he actually take the leap and leave them? he SHOULD but who knows. it would be very interesting for george if that’s how it went down!
I can‘t really see him leaving to be honest, that’s a so sort of big dream for him to get that title with that team. But maybe if 23 continues like this, this might be the push towards Mercedes or another team like AM for him

George in the interview for F1Tv explaining sweat/rain situation in details (he didn't put all his hair in the balaclava, it was sticking out, the sweat was dropping from hair into the visor) He's got a good sense of humour about himself that's for sure :D 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Also great that’s everyone expects Max to be done with f1 in 28 - if RB wants to keep him, they will need to come up with a plan to allow him some of the other races he dreams of doing

He‘s def one of those racers who won’t be done with driving and switching to another class, and that at a pretty young age for a f1 driver. Would actually love to see Max doing race of the champions next time

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think if he has the opportunity to go to red bull he should take it. Yes maybe the start will be hard against max and he will struggle. But it is also an opportunity to show what he can do in a top car. And if he refuses it he may never have another chance in the future. And i firmly believe Max will be done with f1 in 28 at the latest considering how he speaks about f1 recently and how he would be interested in doing some endurance racing and the le Mans 24h. So he can be lando chance to be red bull future.
i fully agree with you re max. i don’t think we’ll be seeing him in f1 beyond 28/29 tbh. he’s already had a longer career than most considering how young he was when he started.

also completely agree re lando (in a hypothetical world where this is happening 🤣) - it would be a no brainer for someone who wants to be WC imo. and he knows horner is already a fan.

• Heart
you think carlos is losing his seat? 🥲

i actually don’t think you’re wrong there but it will make me so sad. might be the best for him but where would he go? where would checo go?
Stop i am writing this through my tears but i think there are too many rumours about his future and Lewis coming (even if i don't believe this) for him to be comfortable. I think he can be a good catch for Audi. A new work team, he is a good driver despite what some people might say and apparently really good at giving feedback so it could be great for them.

• Heart
George is their future No 1. Toto loves him. Charles won't leave Ferrari. It's written in the stars that he will stay there forever, hoping against hope they'll give him the right car and slowly going mad. He's too loyal to leave them. He's a greek tragedy personified. Maybe Seb will return as a TP one day and rescue him?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Personally I think Lando to Audi...looking forward to them joining. The grid needs a shake up.
I would've said the same at first when Seidl went to Audi, but now, with the rebuild and restructure under Andrea Stella at McLaren, it raises too many questions about Seidl's effectiveness as Team Principal and whether he is capable of building up Sauber into a competitive Audi works team.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.