F1 Chatter #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good luck with the interview @1millionjellybeans you’ll smash it! Hope you enjoy your date @Knit Happens
Lots of exciting things happening. My excitement is that I finally finish my antibiotics today which can’t come soon enough as the side effects are something else.

I can’t decide what I think of the GQ pictures. It’s the questionable styling for me but maybe im just not fashionable 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ffs this photo is ending me 🤣🤣🤣 Why does he look like he’s just been caught shitting in his car?!

1674030283478.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Morning everyone...hope you are all ok. Interview at 1pm so currently sat in bed with a coffee and some guidelines to re read. Hoping we get some good stuff soon....this winter break really is taking it's sweet time to end. Still, despite being freezing cold the sun is shining here which makes a change from the grey drizzle we have had all week so far. Anyway, as it's early let's see Seb answer one of life's most pressing questions.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It's giving 'well this very awkward, I was just about to get out of this car in my sweater vest and I am not wearing any pants....and now you are here with a camera.' 🤣
Imagining Lando in a sweater vest sans pants may be the biggest ick I’ve ever experienced 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have just read the Lando GQ interview and i don't really like how they always speak about him as "McLaren 2nd driver" and that it will be his first year as n°1. I think he proved enough in the last 2 years that he was the first driver but anyways 🙄

I wish this was true 😔

Screenshot_20230118_094933_Instagram.jpg

Mate i think you really need to have your eyes check quickly i am worried for you 😅

Screenshot_20230118_095040_Instagram.jpg

This part really break my heart. I remember how hard on himself he was in 2019 and how tou could clearly see him struggling with everything sometimes. I'm glad he has the courage to speak about it and to see how far he has come since his rookie year.

Screenshot_20230118_095755_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
My beautiful Lando.

Between Lando and Erling Haaland, this next issue of British GQ is basically gonna be a wank mag. 😆😆
Best of Britain and Norway in one issue then 😂
Haaland is kind of good looking, until he opens his mouth and talks in Norwegian, I can stand his dialect 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I genuinely don't understand why Lando always receive hate for absolutely everything he does. Don't get me wrong, i am not saying he is perfect and can't do no wrong and is always right and blablabla. But the answers to the GQ article tweet are full of people throwing hate at him, diminishing his talent and questionning his place in f1 just because they call him "the nicest guy in F1". I even saw people making fun of him for talking about mental health 😔 I mean i understand that you might not like him and you might not agree with that statement. I personnaly don't think he is the nicest (Hi Alex 👋) even if he is my favourite driver. But people saying he is the nastier person ever, when he seems to get along with almost every driver on the grid (i mean he even made up with Pierre ffs 😅), just because it doesn't fit their hate agenda just need to go outside and breath some fresh air. And people need to stop thinking they know someone just because they saw what they post on social media or read something they said in an interview 🙄
I really don't get the point in doing that... You don't like him, fine, scroll past and don't waste 5 minutes of your life 🙄

Rant over, i just needed to get it out of my system sorry 😅

• Heart
Best of Britain and Norway in one issue then 😂
Haaland is kind of good looking, until he opens his mouth and talks in Norwegian, I can stand his dialect 😂
My Dad shared the Haaland GQ cover in our family WhatsApp asking if anyone else was disturbed by it and I said no because to me he's got that 'pretty but alien/otherwordly' aesthetic that fashion brands love. He's absolutely not my type, but I get it.

And mostly I'm like damn how unfair is it that women are paying good money to get lip fillers and he's just walking around with those ridiculously plump ones?! Like when I am annoyed at men who have long dark eyelashes when mine are, to be fair not especially stubby, but they are very blonde and therefore pretty much invisible sans mascara and that is just rude. 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I genuinely don't understand why Lando always receive hate for absolutely everything he does. Don't get me wrong, i am not saying he is perfect and can't do no wrong and is always right and blablabla. But the answers to the GQ article tweet are full of people throwing hate at him, diminishing his talent and questionning his place in f1 just because they call him "the nicest guy in F1". I even saw people making fun of him for talking about mental health 😔 I mean i understand that you might not like him and you might not agree with that statement. I personnaly don't think he is the nicest (Hi Alex 👋) even if he is my favourite driver. But people saying he is the nastier person ever, when he seems to get along with almost every driver on the grid (i mean he even made up with Pierre ffs 😅), just because it doesn't fit their hate agenda just need to go outside and breath some fresh air. And people need to stop thinking they know someone just because they saw what they post on social media or read something they said in an interview 🙄
I really don't get the point in doing that... You don't like him, fine, scroll past and don't waste 5 minutes of your life 🙄

It really is a shame, I haven’t seen any hate towards it (haven’t been online since it came out) but Lando does seem to get a brunt of hate for absolutely no reason. I feel like a lot of people don’t understand his very very dry humour which can come off badly but it’s just very sarcastic. He’s been very open about how these things affect him (and other drivers) yet people keep going.

tbh I don’t understand how people hate any of the drivers, they’re all just people. I might not agree with them and I vibe with some more than others but for the most part they’re just guys driving cars. They’re not a moral compass nor evil incarnate. The only recent example of an actual piece of tit is Mazepin

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I mean, I'm not his biggest fan, obviously but I don't hate him. I just think he's a typical entitled lad who can act like a real brat at times. I get that he's sarcastic but if you're sarcasm doesn't translate well then it's probably time to check yourself 🤷🏻‍♀️. That aside, online hate towards drivers is sadly one of the nastier sides to the DTS era and unless they stop with the dramatic storylines it will continue (the whole Lando v Daniel thing hasn't helped things). I honestly skip the comment sections half the time as they are cesspits.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ah we have the very first Lando/Oscar McLaren vidéo 😁

Just watched it. For a bit I totally thought that footage of Oscar in the cart was CGI but then when they were chatting at the end I thought don’t be silly. I’m not entirely convinced either way 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Mick really is a sweet Prince isn't he? We all thought the dark era had started but no...
I was hoping that this was a Lewis nude after just wrapping up my somewhat hectic day behind the wheel, followed by announcing our annual meeting to our members, delayed by the fact that I couldn't take out any reports and had to manually check with an old list who's gonna receive it.

Mick is a good number two today, if I'm not getting a Lewis nude 😂

Gonna put on a race and have a beer now💃

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was hoping that this was a Lewis nude after just wrapping up my somewhat hectic day behind the wheel, followed by announcing our annual meeting to our members, delayed by the fact that I couldn't take out any reports and had to manually check with an old list who's gonna receive it.

Mick is a good number two today, if I'm not getting a Lewis nude 😂

Gonna put on a race and have a beer now💃
I don't have a Lewis nude for you. But his former teammate likes to be naked..
Screenshot_20221031-220226_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.