Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Took my first 25mg at midday and I feel like im gonna puke 🤢🤢
you will adjust - I completely agree you must eat with an SSRI when you take it or it will make you feel a bit sick. Your body will adjust within a few weeks. I always take mine after a meal. Until I took sertraline I had no idea that I could feel so much better. I hope your side effects pass quickly and it helps you.

Last edited:
I started taking it a month ago. No side effects other than a big of a bad head for a week. I take mine before bed.

Reactions: 1
Morning all. How’s everyone getting on?

I think I need to go up to 100mg. Or 75mg? Is that a thing? I don’t feel noticeably or consistently different after 6 weeks of 50mg and it doesn’t seem to really even take the edge off my severe PMS low mood. Sigh. I was hoping I’d be OK on 50 as the side effects have been so minimal but I guess I need more. Has anyone else moved up and not noticed much worse side effects? *she asks hopefully*

• Heart
Morning all. How’s everyone getting on?

I think I need to go up to 100mg. Or 75mg? Is that a thing? I don’t feel noticeably or consistently different after 6 weeks of 50mg and it doesn’t seem to really even take the edge off my severe PMS low mood. Sigh. I was hoping I’d be OK on 50 as the side effects have been so minimal but I guess I need more. Has anyone else moved up and not noticed much worse side effects? *she asks hopefully*
Morning 🙂

I successfully went from 50 to 100 mcg of sertraline. It took me two tries to get it right. The first time I had negative side effects so I went back to 50 mcg. A few weeks later, I felt bad for an extended period and so I tried again. Success. No side effects. In my experience it didn’t help with my hormone cycle. I’m trying out the Flo supplement which I was marketed by FB. One of the comments said that it improved their premenstrual dysphoric disorder, keeping them on an even keel all month long. It’s too soon for me to tell if it works. You should definitely look into PMDD though.

Morning 🙂

I successfully went from 50 to 100 mcg of sertraline. It took me two tries to get it right. The first time I had negative side effects so I went back to 50 mcg. A few weeks later, I felt bad for an extended period and so I tried again. Success. No side effects. In my experience it didn’t help with my hormone cycle. I’m trying out the Flo supplement which I was marketed by FB. One of the comments said that it improved their premenstrual dysphoric disorder, keeping them on an even keel all month long. It’s too soon for me to tell if it works. You should definitely look into PMDD though.
Thank you so much for this. I am seeing my GP today so I’ll see what she says and also mention PMDD. It’s something I’ve thought about before but I kind of discounted it as I don’t really get bad physically symptoms, but I guess it might be time to revisit that. Thank you again ❤

• Heart
How’s everyone getting on? I’ve been on 100mg for about three weeks now and finally noticing a difference. I feel like it’s cut out any extremes of emotion so I don’t feel very anxious anymore but it’s also cut out extreme feelings of happiness. But for now I’m okay with that because I just want to get myself sorted and focus again!

My doctor prescribed propranolol to use alongside the sertraline when the physical side of things gets bad and I have to say it’s really worked!

Reactions: 2
I’ve increased mine to 100mg yesterday myself and I’ll phone and tell the GP tomorrow. I spent all last week feeling a bit meh so thought I would see how it goes.

I’ve increased mine to 100mg yesterday myself and I’ll phone and tell the GP tomorrow. I spent all last week feeling a bit meh so thought I would see how it goes.
I hope it does the job for you! 🥰 I definitely noticed an improvement after two weeks on 100mg!

I’ve always found 100mg to be the perfect dose. Too much and I can get this strange, involuntary jaw clamping which ends up with me biting my tongue. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I need to review my dose (been on 50mg for 13 months) and I don't know whether to stay as I am, increase or stop taking it.

The critical voice in my head has gone, and overall I am better, but I still have mega brain fog, can't concentrate, feel lethargic, unmotivated and anxious, and I've gained weight.

I feel like I've improved loads but I'm stuck in this flat, blah headspace and I'm not sure what to do.

I've been experiencing such brutal jaw pain that I've chipped a tooth in my sleep and am on NSAIDs for swelling. My tongue and face spasm in a disconcerting way. Time to move on to another med I think. I've given a really good go. I've felt better on others. The miracle one must be out there 😂

• Sad
I started on it recently (been on it before and it was really helpful) and it's been mostly fine besides a few days of nausea, but I have reeeeeally sweaty hands 🤢 I can wash them and they'll be sweaty again in literally seconds, especially my fingers/fingertips. It's hardly a life ruining problem or anything but it's quite uncomfortable. Has anyone else had this and if so do you have any tips?

• Sad
What a difference the 100 has made to my head. I feel like I finally have clarity. However, I have noticed that I am really struggling to orgasm. I can feel really turned on but get frustrated that I just don’t feel that pleasure. Sorry I know a lot of info.

Reactions: 4
What a difference the 100 has made to my head. I feel like I finally have clarity. However, I have noticed that I am really struggling to orgasm. I can feel really turned on but get frustrated that I just don’t feel that pleasure. Sorry I know a lot of info.
Yes that’s definitely a downside! It can happen it just takes a lot longer and a lot of patience. Worth it for my happiness though.

I ran out of my prescription last Friday and I’m super dizzy today and my heart is racing. I need more asap.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Yes that’s definitely a downside! It can happen it just takes a lot longer and a lot of patience. Worth it for my happiness though.
I couldn’t not go back to how my head was. I feel like a new person but I’m not sure how I’ll cope with that side effect. It’s the only one I have

Hi everyone, just thought I’d join in. I’m on 100mg sertraline for 5 weeks now, was on 50mg for 2 weeks and felt scarily low, moved to 75 (1.5 tablets) and nothing, now 100mg and still have lots of very low days.. hoping to read through here over the weekend and see if it gets better. 😞 I can’t talk to anyone in my life without worrying them.