Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having a bit of a wobble (understatement) the last few weeks and culminated with a big row with my boss last week. He doesn’t really understand mental health so I think he thinks I’m making excuses because I seem so high functioning on the surface 😔 Sometimes I feel like people only get mental health if it’s someone visibly depressed or mopey, when illness can come in so many forms! I expend all my energy at work and then when I come home I’m so exhausted.

I’ve got an appointment with my doctor this afternoon to discuss a dose change as I’ve been having panic attacks and OCD issues again 😔

Reactions: 1
Just had my appointment and they’ve upped my propranolol dose to try take the edge off things! Fingers crossed it works!

Trying to self wean 😕 ive dropped to 25mg for last 2 days. I dont know if its just in my head but I feel a growing sense of unease. Im starting a new job, i didnt want to speak to dr because i feel like they would want me to settle before coming off but im just sick of being on meds. Im sick of being depressed. Im sick of having anxiety.
Maybe coming off is a stupid idea but here we are!

I was prescribed sertraline a few years back. Turns out I'm allergic to them. I'm also allergic to paracetamol. Citalopram gives me the 1 in 100,000 side affects. Jaw swinging, dilated pupils, can't sleep properly.

Trying to self wean 😕 ive dropped to 25mg for last 2 days. I dont know if its just in my head but I feel a growing sense of unease. Im starting a new job, i didnt want to speak to dr because i feel like they would want me to settle before coming off but im just sick of being on meds. Im sick of being depressed. Im sick of having anxiety.
How’s it going now? I also want to drop to 25mg but I’m a bit apprehensive about the side effects!

I’ve basically gone cold turkey from 50mg for the same reasons. Mentally I’ve felt ok (relatively speaking) but I’ve had what I think are physical withdrawal symptoms. It’s been almost two weeks though and they’re not as bad now, so I’m hoping it continues to improve.

How’s it going now? I also want to drop to 25mg but I’m a bit apprehensive about the side effects!
After 2 days crying in bed i gave up... 😕
---
I’ve basically gone cold turkey from 50mg for the same reasons. Mentally I’ve felt ok (relatively speaking) but I’ve had what I think are physical withdrawal symptoms. It’s been almost two weeks though and they’re not as bad now, so I’m hoping it continues to improve.
I was so anxious. My body was shaking like restless. My anxiety kicked my arse and i nearly made so bad choices with words with ppl... normal service resumed fairly quick though

Not sure if anyone will see this but I forgot to take my 50mg sertraline for two nights this week cos of such a hectic time. And today I am dizzy, I feel nauseous, I’ve had a bit of a dodgy tummy and I just feel not well at all.

Could this be withdrawal from just 2 days of not taking it? I’ve taken it now

Yes I would probably say so. I forgot two doses the other week and I started to get random brain zaps which is typical in anti depressant withdrawal. I’m on 150mg though.

I have heard of people saying they are sick when they reduce Sertraline.

I’m thinking of coming off of it. I cannot handle the night sweats anymore. They are just getting worse! It’s been nearly a year too

Not sure if anyone will see this but I forgot to take my 50mg sertraline for two nights this week cos of such a hectic time. And today I am dizzy, I feel nauseous, I’ve had a bit of a dodgy tummy and I just feel not well at all.

Yea I’m on 100mg if I miss even a day I start to get withdrawals. Like feel like I’m coming down with a flu, headaches, tummy ache etc.

Yea I’m on 100mg if I miss even a day I start to get withdrawals. Like feel like I’m coming down with a flu, headaches, tummy ache etc.
That’s definitely what’s happening to me then. I couldn’t put my finger on it but I just keep feeling sick on off all day. Feel cold but warm. Got bad tummy.

I’ve taken my dose now so hopefully by tomorrows dose I should start to pick up again

So weird that you guys posted as I’ve also been in withdrawal this week! My prescription was sent to a pharmacy nowhere near me so I’ve gone four days without, usually on 100mg. My OCD has come back in a BAD WAY and I’ve been so wired at night when I usually sleep like a log!

Still had Propranolol on hand to keep the physical effects of anxiety at bay but my poor brain is excited to have the meds back in my hands tonight! 😳 Roll on zombie brain 🧟‍♀️

I missed a 50mg dose last week and within 24 hours I had a horrible headache, felt really sick and had super upset stomach! I want come off them in the summer and already dreading the withdrawal!

Also tempted to swap to another type cos i’m soooo tired all the time and even though my anxiety is better I feel really down

I missed a 50mg dose last week and within 24 hours I had a horrible headache, felt really sick and had super upset stomach! I want come off them in the summer and already dreading the withdrawal!

Also tempted to swap to another type cos i’m soooo tired all the time and even though my anxiety is better I feel really down
Exactly the same as me. I missed one dose (thought it was 2, but nope just 1). And wow I feel rough

2 days of not taking a drug is more than enough to get withdrawal symptoms, so yes, sounds like you were starting with withdrawal symptoms. The good thing is I found with sertraline it only took a few hours to feel okay again after I’d taken it again.

Everyone is different, it’s changed my life immeasurably.

Reactions: 2

Im planning on phoning my GP in the next month to start weaning off but cause I’m on 100mg they’ll reduce to 50mg. Been on them nearly 3 years and want to start trying for another baby so would like to start weaning off it. I know they’re safe to take while pregnant but would just rather be on a lower dose. I’m also really tired on them all the time as well, but compared to how I felt before I went on it would rather be tired.
---
Everyone is different, it’s changed my life immeasurably.
Same here literally was in the pits of postpartum depression before I started taking them, they do make me tired but would rather be tired than how I felt before.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
totally agree everyone is different and everyone reacts differently to medication so I’m not going to bash it because of my experience or the experience of people I know, It also depends what you’re being treated for as well I assume.
Will be interesting to see if they approve psychedelics as a for of treatment soon, looks promising.
Off topic sorry!
---
i feel like they would want me to settle before coming off but im just sick of being on meds. Im sick of being depressed. Im sick of having anxiety.
Im gonna sound like your mother but… people who are “sick of having cancer” wouldn’t just come off their medication.
Mental health is no different. You might not like being sick but you can’t just ignore it and hope it will go away, speak with your doctor and work with them, they’re there to help you come off the medication safely and maybe give you an alternative. Xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3