Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m picking up my prescription for this tomorrow, reading about the side effects hear making me more anxious 😂
I’ve got an event a week tomorrow, have the bad things usually phased off by a week in

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m picking up my prescription for this tomorrow, reading about the side effects hear making me more anxious 😂
I’ve got an event a week tomorrow, have the bad things usually phased off by a week in
No, I’m afraid not. To be fair they probs won’t have set in. But for me I had the shits for over a month.

Ok! I had headache for a couple of days but nothing other than that yet. It has made me feel a bit flat though, not particularly tired but I don’t have the motivation to do much

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone increased from 100mg to 150mg? Did it have a noticeable effect? I seem to have had a bit of a decline after being on 100mg since March. I have lost absolutely all motivation, focus and desire to do anything. I occasionally get the odd fleeting suicidal feeling and I’m feeling anxiety creeping back in.
I’m definitely going to get a medication review sorted asap but I don’t know whether to push for 50mg increase or 100mg increase?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyone increased from 100mg to 150mg? Did it have a noticeable effect? I seem to have had a bit of a decline after being on 100mg since March. I have lost absolutely all motivation, focus and desire to do anything. I occasionally get the odd fleeting suicidal feeling and I’m feeling anxiety creeping back in.
I’m definitely going to get a medication review sorted asap but I don’t know whether to push for 50mg increase or 100mg increase?
I had the same feelings after increasing from 50 to 100mg. It just didn't agree with me at all, I felt my mental health was declining so I approached my Doctor two weeks ago and I asked to come off sertraline, so we are weaning off , and introduced another. My head feels a little bit clearer . Definitely less anxious . It was taking over my life. Everyone is different .. it agrees with most people

• Sad
I had the same feelings after increasing from 50 to 100mg. It just didn't agree with me at all, I felt my mental health was declining so I approached my Doctor two weeks ago and I asked to come off sertraline, so we are weaning off , and introduced another. My head feels a little bit clearer . Definitely less anxious . It was taking over my life. Everyone is different .. it agrees with most people
Yeah I went from 50mg to 100mg and it really helped me but I seem to be going backwards all of a sudden!

Yeah I went from 50mg to 100mg and it really helped me but I seem to be going backwards all of a sudden!
Thats what happened me , I had to do something about it as I have been at an all time low. No emotion, no interest in anything, shutting off from everyone and everything, VERY anxious , very snappy too .. poor memory.

• Heart
Thats what happened me , I had to do something about it as I have been at an all time low. No emotion, no interest in anything, shutting off from everyone and everything, VERY anxious , very snappy too .. poor memory.
Absolutely bang on for me!! So bleeping tired constantly too!

Sertraline was the second antidepressant and the first SSRI I was put on. The first week it killed my appetite, but the second week after not eating, my trousers didn't fit me. Figure that one out. Went up to the max dose until I experienced poop out, aka it stopped working. Then I went on a journey with Effexor and that effing drug? I rue the day I every took that one.

I’m on 150mg now. It’s certainly helping but duck me I’ve been ravenous the past few days.

Who else is struggling in this heat with the Sertraline sweats? 🤣 Feel like I’m going through the change 💀

Reactions: 3
I'm weaning off the sertraline and another med being introduced, jesus I'm eating all around me come evening time 🥴 the sweating in this weather is no joke either

I’m a month into it now and oh my god I have never felt so tired, I had a medical review a couple of weeks ago and I was fine but now I can’t get through the day without an hour nap and I’m sleeping for 10 hours at night

I was prescribed this a few weeks ago, had been prescribed it in my teens but never took them. I’ve been doing a lot of reading of peoples’ experiences and know it’s all individual but I’m reluctant to try. I collected the prescription this time and got as far as putting the tablet in my mouth but took it out again 🙃 I was only going to take half of 50mg as a lot of American redditers seem to think our starting dose of 50mg is high. I feel so lost, would like a bit of help now I’m older but apprehensive of side effects with living alone.

I was prescribed this a few weeks ago, had been prescribed it in my teens but never took them. I’ve been doing a lot of reading of peoples’ experiences and know it’s all individual but I’m reluctant to try. I collected the prescription this time and got as far as putting the tablet in my mouth but took it out again 🙃 I was only going to take half of 50mg as a lot of American redditers seem to think our starting dose of 50mg is high. I feel so lost, would like a bit of help now I’m older but apprehensive of side effects with living alone.
That really resonates with me!! I was prescribed it in my teens and I really didn’t bother with it or take it properly. I’m now on 150mg having started on 50mg. There is zero point starting on any lower in my opinion. You need to persevere for what feels like eternity but after about 6 weeks you should be through most of the side effects. I suffered awfully with a bad stomach, extreme tiredness, severe night sweats and thirst. I’m not going to bullshit you and say that it’s a bed of roses to begin with because it’s not. But I am now on 150mg and my life is SO much better. I still get night sweats a few times a week but it’s so worth it x

• Heart
That really resonates with me!! I was prescribed it in my teens and I really didn’t bother with it or take it properly. I’m now on 150mg having started on 50mg. There is zero point starting on any lower in my opinion. You need to persevere for what feels like eternity but after about 6 weeks you should be through most of the side effects. I suffered awfully with a bad stomach, extreme tiredness, severe night sweats and thirst. I’m not going to bullshit you and say that it’s a bed of roses to begin with because it’s not. But I am now on 150mg and my life is SO much better. I still get night sweats a few times a week but it’s so worth it x
Thank you 🙏🏻 I’m glad you’ve found the pros outweigh the cons, I guess I won’t know until I try. I do want to start maybe in the next week as my OCD is very bad at the minute (to the point where I think the tablet will give me an allergic reaction). I avoid taking pain or anything so it’s a hard pill to swallow 😆 not literally.

The side effects at the start are definitely a bit ropey but for me, it was completely worth it. My anxiety and OCD was controlling my life and I feel like I’m back in the driver’s seat now. I’m more focussed, I’m not ruminating on every single thing that happens during my day and I’m generally quite care-free now which is a feeling I’d never experienced before in my entire life! It’s completely changed my life for the better.

Does anyone else find when on sertraline you struggle with impulsive spending? It just makes me think f*** it I'll buy whatever I want.