Evan Rachel Wood - Marilyn Manson abuse

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else seen that Ashley Morgan Smithline has retracted her statement and is now claiming she was pressured into making it?
Wow. Just looked it up -

“I succumbed to pressure from Evan Rachel Wood and her associates to make accusations of rape and assault against Mr. Warner that were not true, Smithline now claims. I recall being told by Ms. Wood that just because I could not remember did not necessarily mean that it did not happen.'

What do we all make of this?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Wow. Just looked it up -

“I succumbed to pressure from Evan Rachel Wood and her associates to make accusations of rape and assault against Mr. Warner that were not true, Smithline now claims. I recall being told by Ms. Wood that just because I could not remember did not necessarily mean that it did not happen.'

What do we all make of this?
Or MM has threatened her and she’s retracted it.

Reactions: 8
I know people make false accusations but her retraction makes me more inclined to believe that he did harm her.

Warner has made tons of dodgy statements in the past that people have put down to him portraying this shocking persona. Not the same, but Jimmy Saville made comments about his own behaviour that are now seen as baiting/admittance of his abuse.

Sometimes it's more difficult to continue standing up for what's right (especially as a *victim* getting tons of abuse) than claiming you've lied/made a mistake.

And I say all this as a long time fan of the band.

Reactions: 10
There’s a million reasons to detract and it’s not always a case of the initial filing being fraudulent. Some people aren’t strong enough to relive the abuse so publicly, some may feel they’ll lose, don’t want to waste anymore of their life on it.

There is no way in all the land that this man isn’t an abuser. Way too much smoke, even from his own band/employees and friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I used to volunteer on a rape crisis helpline and I remember one exercise in our training was making lists for why people would report and why they wouldn’t. The wouldn’t list was much much longer.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
There’s a million reasons to detract and it’s not always a case of the initial filing being fraudulent. Some people aren’t strong enough to relive the abuse so publicly, some may feel they’ll lose, don’t want to waste anymore of their life on it.

There is no way in all the land that this man isn’t an abuser. Way too much smoke, even from his own band/employees and friends.
Why would she go on to bad mouth Evan? It just doesn't add up. That drawers more media attention. She could of remained anonymous as a Jane doe.
I mostly feel for the poor child and Jamie Bell not being able to see each other.
He kicked his own long time member out dv.

Reactions: 2
He wasn't alone in his behaviours. Band members and friends also indulged in depraved acts towards vulnerable individuals. Even Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) has a few demons, but he seems to have come up smelling of roses. Granted he was no near as depraved as Manson, but they were all arrogant young men fueled by their own egos, drugs and the urge to be famous.

Reactions: 3

Developments in the case

Reactions: 2