Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DrLoomis

Happy Eurovision Day, everyone! This could certainly be an interesting evening.

Mrs. Loomis and I are going out soon to grab a bite to eat, stop by the pub and head home with enough time to set up the snacks. Cheese board, olives, popcorn, peanuts and of course wine! We have a friend that lives away from us and she will FaceTime in during the show.

Enjoy everyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Hmmm.
This is really not a good look.
Of all the things Israel are accused of is zooming in to a contestant that bad?
if any of these people had any balls they would actually stand up for what they say they believe in. But they don’t and they won’t but they will just try to bully that girl out of the competition instead.

ishant

VIP Member
Taking Israel out of the equation the whole thing about not being filmed is the most snowflake thing I have heard in my fucking life. Jeez, William and Harry had to be paraded in front of millions of people when their mum died.
I have never used the term snowflake in my life before ffs.
Come on Estonia is all I have to say!
aye cause that was healthy

also you could cry snowflake both ways. It doesn’t look like he actually touched the woman. And you cannot tell me that in the history of Eurovision worse altercations didn’t happen and nobody was ever disqualified

• Haha

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
As I understand it, the Rest of the World vote counts for the same as one country's vote, so they have 1-12 points and that's it.
If Joost didn't actually touch anyone, then it does seem a bit of an overreaction to disqualify him, surely a warning would have been enough. This whole thing has become a shitshow, I'm going to be watching tonight like 😬 Better crack the wine open early

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Of all the things Israel are accused of is zooming in to a contestant that bad?
if any of these people had any balls they would actually stand up for what they say they believe in. But they don’t and they won’t but they will just try to bully that girl out of the competition instead.
We’re fighting a losing battle 😂

By all official accounts a Dutch man has physically attacked a Swedish woman yet it absolutely has to be Israel’s fault because they zoomed in on another contestant in a place where everyone was taking videos and pictures and some of their journalists were annoyed at others bullying their contestant - totally fine of course for journalists from other countries to harass Eden and be rude towards the Israeli delegation 🙄 Everything is all Israel’s fault, all of the time.

As SVT are the official broadcasters and are reporting a physical confrontation I hope they won’t give into pressure and let him perform. Having a tragic backstory is no excuse for assaulting someone esp part of the production team just trying to do their job and I’d hope regardless of your feelings about Israel everyone would agree it’s worthy of disqualification.