Eurovision Song Contest 2023 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i think we should send Rylan next year he has the right eurovision spirit not too serious & everyone would love him
---
also i wanted Finland to win 100% but i was really surprised Austria didn't do better it was such a bop

Reactions: 8
I find Loreen very overrated and annoying. Her IG is full of photos of her posing with her top off too and nipples blurred or slightly visible, she seems like such a poser.
I really don't get why she came back like she was so uninterested and Julia was interviewing her it was trying to get a blood out of a stone I just thought what a cow I didn't get the need when she won by the landslide she did like why try again its unfair to other artists

Reactions: 9
I wonder if the BBC will still continue working with TaP Music to pick the UK entry. Under them it's been 2nd place with Sam and 2nd from last with Mae which obviously paints a very mixed picture.

Reactions: 3
I really don't get why she came back like she was so uninterested and Julia was interviewing her it was trying to get a blood out of a stone I just thought what a cow I didn't get the need when she won by the landslide she did like why try again its unfair to other artists
Now in fairness to Johnny Logan, I recall him being genuinely emotional 2nd time round. He can come across quite pompous but he will always be Mr Eurovision (even in Sweden Loreen)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I thought that parts of it sounded like 'Winner Takes it All' by Abba but nowhere near as good.
I have seen a number of people say that it sounds like The Winner Takes it All and even the lyrics sound similar, for example the opening line of Tattoo is I don't wanna go and in The Winner Takes it All the opening line is I don't wanna talk. I mean even the melody of Tattoo is similar to The Winner Takes it All.

Reactions: 2
She didn't seem to give a tit did she? Very emotionless. Could see other artists generally cared.

Reactions: 6
Now in fairness to Johnny Logan, I recall him being genuinely emotional 2nd time round. He can come across quite pompous but he will always be Mr Eurovision (even in Sweden Loreen)
I'm a little mad she's equalled his record I must sound so petty 😂 but the televote just sounded all over the place oz won the 2nd semi final which was televote only? But then only got 15 televote points last night?! Him eating a buttie and not expecting the 12 points in the jury voting made my night a little bit what a mood 😂

Reactions: 7
I have seen a number of people say that it sounds like The Winner Takes it All and even the lyrics sound similar, for example the opening line of Tattoo is I don't wanna go and in The Winner Takes it All the opening line is I don't wanna talk. I mean even the melody of Tattoo is similar to The Winner Takes it All.
Swedish pop music has been a powerhouse for years. Recent Irish entries have been at least partially written by Swedes. It's a factory.

Reactions: 3
She didn't seem to give a tit did she? Very emotionless. Could see other artists generally cared.
No she didn't seem to give one at all the guy from Finland looked genuinely heartbroken poor guy he really wanted to bring it back for Finland

Reactions: 9
I'm a little mad she's equalled his record I must sound so petty 😂 but the televote just sounded all over the place oz won the 2nd semi final which was televote only? But then only got 15 televote points last night?! Him eating a buttie and not expecting the 12 points in the jury voting made my night a little bit what a mood 😂
She hasn't though. As a composer he won a third time🤣. And also as a composer he came 2nd in 1984!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I don't think it's been rigged. Loreen sailed through Melodifestivalen and has been the favourite to win from the start. And it was exactly the kind of performance you would expect to do well with juries.

They're not going to risk the reputation and potentially the future of the entire brand just to engineer some kind of dream scenario that coincides with Abba's 50th anniversary.
I agree, especially with the voting controversy of last year.

Reactions: 1
That was a lovely moment when he won. He had career struggles since the 1980 win, so he was genuinely emotional when he won. His performance had such heart to it also, I wonder was he thinking of someone in particular when he sang it.

I wonder if the BBC will still continue working with TaP Music to pick the UK entry. Under them it's been 2nd place with Sam and 2nd from last with Mae which obviously paints a very mixed picture.
I don’t see why not. I still think Mae’s entry was far better than most of the other shite we’ve sent over the last twenty years, Sam and Jade Ewan excepted obviously. It sounds really good on the radio but she wasn’t great live, the staging was really good though. I don’t want us to go back to the days of Bonnie Tyler and bloody Englebert Humperdink. It’s a bit of a lottery, you can’t always do well every year. Some years countries do brillinatly and the next they don’t even qualify for the grand final. I think we’ve turned a corner in the U.K. with how we see Eurovision which is a massive step forwards.

Reactions: 5
In the case of the juries for a 3rd time they have killed a strong and popular song that deserved to win this year with Finland, 2019 with Norway and 2015 with Italy. Something has to be done in regards to the Jury because the Swedish love in is getting too much and as a result everyone can see the favouritism which will turn people off also the fact that not one country gave Sweden 12 points in the televote speaks volumes IMO.

That was a lovely moment when he won. He had career struggles since the 1980 win, so he was genuinely emotional when he won. His performance had such heart to it also, I wonder was he thinking of someone in particular when he sang it.
Possibly his missus as he had fathered a child in Turkey

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My mum absolutely loves Johnny. She still goes all misty eyed when talking about him😂 Will Turkey ever return? Their 2003 winner is still my favourite ever, yet to be surpassed.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.