Eurovision Song Contest 2023 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live there. I’m still not sure what your point was.
oh my life… it was a joke about Liverpool being a shithole. You know how people joke about their own towns being shitholes? That is all it was. I didn’t realise people would get so arsey about it. I live up to road, I’m there a lot. It’s a lovely place with lovely people, I love the docks. I WAS JOKING

eta: the joke started because an Aussie presenter said they’re here in Liverpool it’s incredible, and I made a throwaway comment that I never thought I’d hear that sentence. That’s it 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I think Loren is very talented but she’s more of a serious artist now, she’s not Eurovision for me.

Reactions: 7
Especially as it appears nobody gave Sweden 12 in the televote
Yeah nobody gave Sweden 12 points in the televote as Finland got 18 12 points, Israel and Ukraine got 4 12 points, Italy, Moldova and Armenia got 2 12 points and Albania, Cyprus, Croatia, Norway, Poland and Slovenia got 1 12 points.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think Loren is very talented but she’s more of a serious artist now, she’s not Eurovision for me.
She's dull as dishwater and seems very stuck up. Not getting any sense of Eurovision spirit off her. Compared to other acts who were having the time of their lives. I know she won it before so maybe it's less of a novelty to her.
Can't understand why it had SO MUCH of a lead in the juries...it wasn't THAT amazing.

Reactions: 6
Screenshot_20230408_174329_Instagram.jpg

I took this screenshot from Käärijä's IG in April, even he knew he was beaten last month 😂

Verka was second place inn the year she took part and she's Eurovision royalty, I'm sure this guy will be similar.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
She's dull as dishwater and seems very stuck up. Not getting any sense of Eurovision spirit off her. Compared to other acts who were having the time of their lives. I know she won it before so maybe it's less of a novelty to her.
Can't understand why it had SO MUCH of a lead in the juries...it wasn't THAT amazing.
When she was in Eurovision 2012 she was actually quite likable, but fast forward 11 years later and her whole personality has completely changed and she comes off as really insincere, like you it was also noticeable that all of the other acts were showing genuine interest, were excited with what was happening and were having to the time of their lives Loreen didn't look like she cared one bit. Because of this she just came across as extremely fake to me.

Reactions: 11
I don't necessarily think it was because she'd already done so, I think Sweden takes the thing ultra seriously and and turn up EVERY year expecting no less than outright victory. I am living for the day they fail to qualify

Reactions: 6
When she was in Eurovision 2012 she was actually quite likable, but fast forward 11 years later and her whole personality has completely changed and she comes off as really insincere, like you it was also noticeable that all of the other acts were showing genuine interest and were excited with what was happening Loreen didn't look like she cared one bit. Because of this she just came across as extremely fake to me.
I think she was off her tits tbh

Listened to Cha Cha Cha whilst hoovering this morning, can confirm still an absolute banger the morning after

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Sweden‘s win was decided weeks ago. The juries votes are now just as bad as the block voting by viewers, something they wanted to prevent with the juries.
What was the point of showing who has won how many times (something they never do) at the beginning of the show, other than pointing out that Sweden will now have the same wins as Ireland who didn’t even qualify?
Get ready to see Sweden‘s entry next year, the ABBA holograms with Måns Zelmerlöw singing along 😁. Which would be fitting because Måns was another generic winner :D

I’m disappointed in the result it’s not surprise at all, we knew going in she’d win. Her attitude annoyed me more than anything else with her fake gratitude and disbelief. I wonder how much the one horse race cost the BBC 🤡

I will say though, we weren’t complaining about the jury vote this time last year.

• Heart
I’m disappointed in the results, Finland deserved it and Australia deserved way more points imo.

also, not sure if it’s been mentioned but why did Israel get so much love? Considering the country’s history recently 😬 we were in the cinema and sooo many people cheered for her and it felt weird😂

I am convinced that Sweden's win was absolutely engineered one way or another, it's just too convenient with it being ABBA 50 next year.

In fact I am wondering if they will take the opportunity this year to say that due to the expense, eco reasons etc, it's time for a permanent Eurovision arena somewhere. Point at the success of ABBA Voyage in London and the semi-permanent purpose built arena that that has got (with an absolutely incredible light/laser show by the way), and use that and the cover of ABBA 50 / Sweden's win to announce the creation of something near Stockholm that is purpose built to handle Eurovision for two months year after year and the rest of the year the seating is stripped back a bit and it puts on an ABBA Voyage show instead. People will be outraged at the idea of it being in the same place every year so what better chance to make it happen than now.

Reactions: 4
I don't think it's been rigged. Loreen sailed through Melodifestivalen and has been the favourite to win from the start. And it was exactly the kind of performance you would expect to do well with juries.

They're not going to risk the reputation and potentially the future of the entire brand just to engineer some kind of dream scenario that coincides with Abba's 50th anniversary.

Reactions: 5
I don't think it's been rigged. Loreen sailed through Melodifestivalen and has been the favourite to win from the start. And it was exactly the kind of performance you would expect to do well with juries.

They're not going to risk the reputation and potentially the future of the entire brand just to engineer some kind of dream scenario that coincides with Abba's 50th anniversary.
The jury is definitely a bit questionable given how good the vast majority of the singers were this year, including the songs for some (especially ballads). It does feel like everyone saw Loreen and had stars in their eyes

Israel was basically a cheap knock off of kpop, the dance break reminds me a lot of Blackpink (specifically Kill This Love)

Reactions: 2
I am convinced that Sweden's win was absolutely engineered one way or another, it's just too convenient with it being ABBA 50 next year.

In fact I am wondering if they will take the opportunity this year to say that due to the expense, eco reasons etc, it's time for a permanent Eurovision arena somewhere. Point at the success of ABBA Voyage in London and the semi-permanent purpose built arena that that has got (with an absolutely incredible light/laser show by the way), and use that and the cover of ABBA 50 / Sweden's win to announce the creation of something near Stockholm that is purpose built to handle Eurovision for two months year after year and the rest of the year the seating is stripped back a bit and it puts on an ABBA Voyage show instead. People will be outraged at the idea of it being in the same place every year so what better chance to make it happen than now.
Yeah, a bit weird Sweden seems obsessed with winning it as much and as often as possible given the crazy cost of hosting it. Also seems unusual that a winning song secured no public douze points. Not one, out of almost 40 countries.

Also, would anyone be outraged, it might improve the quality of the songs if the broadcasters didn't have to fret about the cost and stress of hosting it

Reactions: 2
Screenshot_20230514_133306_Samsung Internet.jpg

Loreen was second place in the televote as well. So she managed to be popular with juries and audiences. I'm sorry but I'm just not buying that it was rigged. They were both good songs and 2nd out of 26 entries is still a fantastic achievement. It's a competition. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.