Estee Lalonde #7 Every good marriage starts with an ultimatum! ..right?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally with you on this, way too much cringe but also interesting how Amelia has a similar obsession with engagement and marriage as if it’s the solution to everything, (if anyone can remember the intense wedding planning and obsessing over her engagement way back when)
Surely the right person is more important and deperatley pushing for engagement for 10 years will lead to being unhappy in the long run - the journey of being with the wrong people to get to the right committed person is just how It goes ! I can’t imagine how much more painful it would be if all I wanted throughout was to be proposed to
Amelia has uploaded a vlog about Estee's engagement. I just started watching and AL is so OTT emotional that Estee just asked her if she's drunk.

Turns out, Amelia knew he was going to propose, but still "can't believe it finally happened."

Estee then admits that trying to get engaged has been "a decade long saga" and her "entire personality". They say it's literally all Estee talked about for ten years. I really get the impression that any guy would do. She just wanted a ring. And now Amelia is crying again.

I'm only five minutes into the vlog and there has already been way too much cringe.

ETA: Amelia just said that as soon as Estee met a new guy, she would talk about being engaged to him. Estee then says the first guy to propose "gets it.' So yeah, any guy would do. Wow.

ETA: She wants Amelia to officiate the wedding. Amelia is now crying for the tenth time in this vlog.

Reactions: 12
Soooo, she wanted to get engaged for 10 years and Aslan never did. So I guess, that explains the break up.

Reactions: 31
I'm guessing he saw how much she changed over those 10 years and said no nope going to be my wife

Reactions: 5
Engagement Q&A

She's obviously on an "engagement high," good luck keeping that up when the wedding ceremony's done and it's time to face real life and working hard on the relationship.

She's moving and really stressed. This is just the beginning of her unraveling. Not that she's not already a freaking hot mess.

"I want someone to pick me and have my back. I want kids and time is ticking. Ofcourse my mental health is important to me, I'm not going to just be engaged to anyone." What is glaringly obvious to me is her "me me me" mentality. Nothing about what she plans to contribute to the relationship. No mention of any kind of desire to nurture and take care of another human being, to be someone's better half. She is a raging narcissist and she is either so deep in her own ass that she doesn't recognize it, or she does and doesn't give a tit.

She admitted to lying on her Tiktok when she said not to move in before someone proposes. Because at that point they had already been living together. So she was just trying to create some drama.

So basically, she just confirmed everything we gleaned from reading between the lines after her announcement. Not only has she always wanted to get engaged, but I feel like her brother and her friends getting married also made her feel "left behind" and so she had a very public meltdown about not being engaged. She also said something about leaving the past behind. I think she just wanted to prove a point to Aslan and she feels like this gives her validation about her perceived value as a human being which is tied to "being chosen."

So yeah, definitely daddy issues and a whole lot of other tit to unpack with a therapist, but hey, just slap a band aid on it by getting married. Good luck to this guy.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
I've seen some of Amelia's stuff, but not too much. All of these women, Amelia, Niomi, Estee see the men in their lives as a validating factor and getting engaged as being Chosen. Being proposed to them is being seen and made to feel worthy. Work, family, friends couldn't compare. I would feel sorry, but they are super privileged women, are setting a horrible example for a lot of their easily influenced, impressionable followers and, especially in the case of Niomi, have such personalities, I just can't master too much sympathy.

Reactions: 25
where is she moving to?
Also - she said she is ready for kids - BUT - it will take a yea to plan a wedding and she wants some time alone as a married couple. So she will be ready for kids when she is ?36 or 37 years old? Might want to start saving up for fertility treatments ...

Reactions: 2
Don't underestimate the mindf*ck it must have done to her to be with Aslan for 10 years before he finally decided, "actually I don't want you as my wife". Damn. No wonder she spiralled after that and was so DESPERATE to get engaged. RED FLAG.

Reactions: 34
Thank you everyone for all the recaps, crazy stuff!

I wonder why she didn't break up with Aslan sooner, if she wanted to be engaged from day one. Guess the perk$ were just too good.

Reactions: 17
I think she spent many years trying to get Aslan to propose. Amelia mentioned in her vlog that she's known Estee for ten years and the very first conversation they had was Estee talking about wanting to get engaged. I guess she spent most of their relationship trying to get him to propose and he wasn't in to it.
---
Thank you everyone for all the recaps, crazy stuff!

I wonder why she didn't break up with Aslan sooner, if she wanted to be engaged from day one. Guess the perk$ were just too good.
Perk$ and she probably held on in the hope that he'd eventually change his mind. Well, he didn't change his mind and it could be that her obsession with getting engaged caused problems between them.

I wonder if he was upfront about not wanting to get married or if he gave her false hope and was like 'it'll happen one day...' whenever she brought it up. I can't really remember now, but I seem to recall Q&A's where it seemed they differed on the marriage question and it was always an issue between them. In that case, and because getting a ring has always been her aim, I don't know why she didn't leave sooner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
I've never seen a newly engaged person talk so little of her fiancé. Do you even like the dude ? Granted he looks dead inside, but to be fair, so does Estee.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I've never seen a newly engaged person talk so little of her fiancé. Do you even like the dude ? Granted he looks dead inside, but to be fair, so does Estee.
Yes, she makes the whole thing so solitary. You'd think she's getting married to herself.
---
Scrolling through my YT Subs, and just saw Estee's thumbnail amongst them, I'm sorry is that really supposed to entice me to click on her video?

1694383989799.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Yes, she makes the whole thing so solitary. You'd think she's getting married to herself.
100% this. The guy wants to have kids first, and he's ready for that NOW. But things have to be on her timeline, because it's her world and everyone else just orbits around it like little satellites. There's no mention of compromise at all. Even AFTER he proposed, she still wanted to discuss why he took "so long." Goodness, it's probably been only a year since they moved in together. Before that they were not even officially together. I also forgot to mention she was constantly shoving the ring design she wanted in front of his face. "But I didn't know if he would actually get it." Duh. She was probably throwing regular BAFTA tantrums lying on the bathroom floor crying.

So she found a guy who's "easygoing and chill" and she will just use that to her advantage to meet her goals and the timeline she set for her life. Red flags all around.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
Amelia has uploaded a vlog about Estee's engagement. I just started watching and AL is so OTT emotional that Estee just asked her if she's drunk.

Turns out, Amelia knew he was going to propose, but still "can't believe it finally happened."

Estee then admits that trying to get engaged has been "a decade long saga" and her "entire personality". They say it's literally all Estee talked about for ten years. I really get the impression that any guy would do. She just wanted a ring. And now Amelia is crying again.

I'm only five minutes into the vlog and there has already been way too much cringe.

ETA: Amelia just said that as soon as Estee met a new guy, she would talk about being engaged to him. Estee then says the first guy to propose "gets it.' So yeah, any guy would do. Wow.

ETA: She wants Amelia to officiate the wedding. Amelia is now crying for the tenth time in this vlog.
Just watched it. Holy tit, her reaction to Amelia getting so emotional:

"Are you OK? Are you drunk or something ... (snip) ... shouldn't I be crying?"

Amelia's response: "You're dead inside."

"I am dead inside, I feel nothing."

:sick:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
This is a tragedy. These women need therapy and serious work on their self esteem. Even if they do get married I can't see any guy being able to put up with such desperate behavior for too long. I'm very stressed just reading about Amelia and Estee's conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Omg I don’t think I’ve ever written on estees thread cause she got soooo boring but this engagement thing is MENTAL.
She hasn’t mentioned loving him or anything about their relationship, it’s just all about her getting her engagement. Sooo bizarre. Also people have mentioned what he looks like, how do we know what he looks like?

Reactions: 15
As a side note, Why does Amelia's voice always sound like she's about to cry, it's irritating

Reactions: 6
Omg I don’t think I’ve ever written on estees thread cause she got soooo boring but this engagement thing is MENTAL.
She hasn’t mentioned loving him or anything about their relationship, it’s just all about her getting her engagement. Sooo bizarre. Also people have mentioned what he looks like, how do we know what he looks like?
Page 16-17 of the previous thread has his info.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I didn't watch Amelia's vid, but I think Amelia's reaction was also so over-the-top because they're frenemies (in addition to the engagement being so random lol).

I've had a feeling for a while now that Amelia probably keeps Estee around because it makes her feel better about herself. As if she thinks "yeah, my life sucks, but I'll never be as weird or pathetic as Estee." She probably pegged Estee as a spinster-for-life who also doesn't have her sh*t together (in general). I think that's why she hung out with Estee so much after Rob dumped her -- because she knew Estee had already had a public breakup, and it was comforting to her to know that Estee had screwed her life up even worse than her.

Also, Amelia probably thought Jak was a done deal and then *BAM* Estee gets engaged out of nowhere, and Estee is now in a "better" social standing than her. It was probably a blow to her own ego.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong and she was just happy for her ... either way this is all still soooo very toxic. 😂

(edit: I'm not saying that being unmarried is "pathetic" or "weird." I'm just saying that's probably Amelia's perspective.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Okay I cracked and I just watched it haha.

I'm just going to leave these screenshots here... 🙃

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 1.04.49 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 1.13.48 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 1.14.18 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I absolutely get why Estee once ranted about not wanting what she called a „vanilla therapist“. I bet she went to a perfectly well-trained, capable therapist who wanted to get to the root of her problems or who suggested ways to fix them that weren’t compatible with taking daily baths or getting engaged to the first guy, and she didn’t like that. She is aware of her issues but doesn’t see them as such, and isn’t willing to work on them. Give her some wine and medication, and all is well. Especially now that her childhood trauma has been healed by getting proposed to 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.