Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

weepingfeet

"The tide is turning. MIRROR WATER encourages self-reflection, a powerful practice which establishes sustainable, lifelong growth. Inspired by the therapeutic concept of mirror work, whereby the participant faces themselves in a mirror, the MIRROR WATER community makes space to converse and connect with our minds and bodies.

Self-reflection involves turning inwards, lending attention to the ripples of the roaming mind and the ebb and flow of the emotions. In turn, this precipitates a turning out, where our relationship with ourselves has the ability to positively affect our relationship with the world around us.

Cultivating rituals of relaxation, MIRROR WATER is a lifestyle brand focused on a revolution within ourselves. MIRROR WATER ventures beneath the surface and encourages self-reflection to converse and connect with mind and body. Looking inward, turning outward."

Hahahaha what.

"The founder: Estée Lalonde is a Creative Director living in London, England. Known for creating videos, hosting/producing podcasts and her love of all things beauty, it’s the sense of community she’s built in the online space that Estée is most proud of.

Looking back to Estée’s first few YouTube videos from more than a decade ago, it’s clear that beauty, vulnerability and self-reflection were at the heart of the content, themes which continued to emerge over the next ten years, so it’s a natural progression that these would form the foundation of MIRROR WATER, too.

Narratives of self-care have let us down. We are encouraged to heal ourselves temporarily for the sole purpose of carrying on as normal. This exhausting, endless cycle benefits our culture of hyper-productivity and presenteeism—but does not enrich us. Opening up about her life, talking about her vulnerable side and addressing her mental health struggles has resulted in her audience feeling understood, hopeful and connected. When she’s not working, you’re most likely to find Estée soaking in the tub, drinking her favourite red wine or walking around the park with her rescue pup, Effie.

Estée’s goal is to create an online space where you feel like you can be your whole self, indulge in whatever makes you feel good and connect with likeminded people."

Hahahahaha hahahahahaha she's fucken fraud, the whole thing is about making her look artistic and intellectual. Hahahaha.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

fcukthispoo

Sorry. £700?!

SEVEN HUNDRED POUNDS? FOR A CREAM?!?!? 7.0.0.£££££££££?????

Rich people are truly stupid.

• Heart

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I know people who are ‘well-off’ would look at that and say, ~oh it’s so expensive I know, how ridiculous, haha~ and maybe some might say well it’s worth a try. In the sense that to them it’s just “overpriced” and therefore might be unseemly but it’s not offensive.

But I don’t think people like Estée understand how actually grotesque it is, and I don’t think they understand how £700 could actually make a serious difference in someone’s life, let alone just be a large sum of money. It’s really sad to have the visual of that disparity, Estée standing in her second bathroom and almost forgetting that she had a £700 face cream. She and people like her will just never understand and will never care to.

• Heart
  • Sad

imtakingabath

VIP Member
I don't really like criticising influencers for their physical appearances in general (unless it's entirely self inflicted like fillers or hair damage from too much dyeing/straightening) - there is usually plenty to criticise them about already in terms of their actions/behaviour! Plus when it comes to Estée, I feel like her weight fluctuates a lot, so which version of her body are people even calling fat? I'm pretty sure she used to be a lot bigger when she and Aslan very first got together, and she's shown some rather disordered eating habits over recent years which is not something to be encouraged.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Callan

VIP Member
Rebecca is her new Aslan, who edits, films and holds the camera while Estee eats dinner. The only difference is that she pays Rebecca to be her friend, versus daddy Aslan financing her lifestyle while filming/editing etc.

• Heart

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I think it was also that Aslan alleviated much of what she calls ‘stress’ or allowed her to offload it on him. She has issues with racing mind/thoughts and difficulty coping with tasks or any random small problems that come up in the day. (As she says herself). Not only did she share her career with Aslan, but he was the calmer side who took on any issues and probably made her feel taken care of in almost a childlike way… and yet even then she would complain about ‘stress’. (I think she just hasn’t correctly labelled what her ’stress’ really is)— and so without Aslan she feels it more intensely without anyone to just take it from her.

Also she didn’t go to NYC to find herself, she went because she thought she had a new boyfriend there to mould her identity around. Once they broke up she abruptly stopped going there. And she’s been looking for Aslan 2.0 ever since.

QueenBW

VIP Member
Going through probably my worst depressive episode right now, and I appreciated how she discussed it and how she isn't hiding it to keep up the image of perfection that is what sells on social media. That said, I wish she would stop joking about drinking so much she forgets things / making light of the fact that she's drinking while on anti-depressants. You should not be drinking while taking citalopram, and I'm sure her doctor has told her this.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Estee is all about escaping - her life, her thoughts, her apartment. I'd feel sorry for her (and maybe I do a bit) if she wasn't such an asshole 95 % of the time who just exploits people in every aspect of her life, be it her friends, partners, followers.

• Heart

Hass

Chatty Member
I just checked - you can buy new sorel boots for less than she is selling them - LOL to the loser who actually buys them!!!

• Wow

saks10111

Ok what do people mean when they say every influencer’s skin is horrendous, awful, etc. Her skin looks clear and unlined to me? I’m now insecure about my occasional hormonal acne and PIH if their skin is considered bad. Btw not a rave post, still can’t stand Estee lol, just wondering about this specific point - what makes skin good or bad in everyone’s eyes?

• Heart

Callan

VIP Member
In that recent assumptions video Estee mentioned that she wants 3 kids, which is very admirable but I'm having a hard time picturing it. She can barely keep her shit together sitting on the couch with her dog, always whining about how hard her life is.

• Haha
  • Heart

Callan

VIP Member
Well fit and slim bodies are the ones Niomi Smart or IntheFrow have, or a closer example Fleur de Force that is probaby the same height as Estee and has a child she is still half the size of her.
So anyone who isn't fit and slim is clearly fat? A lot of it has to do with genetics, and the rest with being brainwashed by the media. People have lives to live, jobs and families to take care of, trying to fit into some perfect mold is a waste of time.

• Heart