Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChaoticArtist

VIP Member
I had a near miss with what would have been a nasty tripping accident in my room. My mother's response? Told me to stop whining and what about me with blah blah blah.

She doesn't really have bad health at all for the most part but her attitude in recent years is becoming horrendous when it comes to any time I say anything that she might get away with calling "whining"... and I really don't much.

I wish my nana was still here so I could get a hug.

My dad ended up in the hospital last week partially due to mum's attitude in general (no one else is sick or is allowed to rest) and because she shouted and berated him a lot that day - he skipped meals because he was upset, his electrolyte balance went out of whack and the doctors guessed that his brain just took the chance to shut down. She partially realised her fault and promised to do better. This lasted for maybe five hours.

Some people are just like that 🤦

Friend also had a conversation with her mother regarding similar behaviour as your mother's yesterday - the mom is hating having to deal with the same thing from her own mother for a few days. She refused to acknowledge that she behaves like that as well 🤦 you can imagine the frustration 😂

And we're surrounded by people who keep crying about any inconvenience in their life but tell us off for saying anything other than "I'm fine and everything is fine". They just don't want to know so they'll start saying "oh stop whining" or "don't start whining now" if we even open our mouths.

No idea what's the solution. Maybe your mum's not keeping well mentally? Or needs something constructive to occupy her? She needs to acknowledge what she's doing and resolve to do better (my mum knows what she's doing but refuses to be nicer), only then there will be a change. You could maybe grey rock her and tell her that you aren't interested in hearing her whine either - although that's a pretty nuclear option 😂

Until then, you're not alone here 🤗 Your pain, worries, fears etc are all valid, and expressing these things is good and healthy.

P.s. You fell again? Do you remember why?

ChaoticArtist

VIP Member
Ya it is tricky- i felt for our elderly neighbour she had 2 lines of sheets/ duvet covers drying when the last fire was lit- not fair- Will see how things go- Hubby who is unwell atm says when he sees her he will let her know there is a €5,000 fine for burning rubbish🫣 - You may see a post in the future saying that I am moving 🤭

Definitely tricky 🤔 No chance that your local council or whatever authority you have could take "suo moto" notice?

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
Don't you get wheelie bins as standard and then pay extra for garden waste?
No not in Ireland - it’s up to each household to get a bin or not - €300ish a year for a recycling bin and a non recycling bin- we only have private bin collectors no council bins anymore- no one collects garden waste- i have compost bin so not an issue - there are massive bins in various places- i think it is €10 per black bag of waste- we also have a deposit return scheme on plastic bottles - and we can recycle glass free at recycling points.

Last edited:

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
Just posted this in wrong thread🫣

What would you guys do in this situation…
Newish neighbours ( approaching a year)have no bins- they have taken to burning rubbish in their back garden- choking us and the elderly neighbour the other side with thick smoke on a few occasions- reporting them is not an option as it will either be the elderly neighbour or us- in rural setting we are their nearest neighbours- it annoys the hell out of me that they don’t pay for bins- we are about a mile from town- plenty of recycling options there- also the bin collection comes every second friday- the neighbour can be a bit abrupt - how would you tackle it?