Escape into the Tea & Sympathy chat room #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been binge watching this today too!!
I watched the first 2 eps on C4 then fell asleep last night. The cast!!! I was working several jobs and taking uni classes in the 90s and missed so much. The hair and clothes were much forgotten 🙀 Can't wait to watch more!!
---
That is really a lot. I'm sorry 🤗❤ I'm glad though that you've made a good life for yourself and have a solid plan for when the inevitable happens. I wish I could sic a forensic accountant on my relatives too!

Hope your son is doing better. We were so worried about him last year.
Thanks, Chao! you are such a love 💘 This Kindle is horrible. Lots to update. Hard to type.
He is not able to play sports but it's giving him lots of time to hang out with friends so he's happy. He's opting out of summer camp to focus on getting his driver licence and getting a job. @Chita I contacted out favourite holiday let in Scotland and asked about Christmas (late Nov early Dec) 2025. Next time we visit I want to see one of you!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I watched the first 2 eps on C4 then fell asleep last night. The cast!!! I was working several jobs and taking uni classes in the 90s and missed so much. The hair and clothes were much forgotten 🙀 Can't wait to watch more!!
---
I grew up without a tv (was born into a cult, now left) so I’m discovering it for the first time! Now recognising a lot of famous faces (when they were younger)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hello all! I thought I’d come and have a nosey in here because I am in a really crappy place and I don’t know how to fix it! Good to see you all x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Do you feel up to sharing some of the burden here?

I don’t want to ruin everyone’s Sunday!!!!

It’s so stupid and I’m getting nowhere trying to fix it myself!

My mum in law died and left us a very hefty inheritance with instructions to use it for a family holiday each year, and to buy something useful so we brought a car brand new off the forecourt, registered in my name.

Arranged to pick it up on Tuesday after, paid for outright. They then called me and told me the mechanic who was doing it’s final checks had been injured due to my car and I was horrified - this went on for 2 weeks until my husband called them at which point they told him that actually the car was faulty and unrepairable and gave us the dealership car to use as our previous one was now gone. A few weeks later they offered to us to keep the managers car and they would refund the difference - in July 2023.
I finally received my refund in December 2023.

In the meantime I had a NIP on my birthday in November - from the police for driving an uninsured vehicle - the one I have never owned! Sent it to the garage and asked them to deal with it and they said they would. In February this year I was charged with that offence and I now have a court date to be sentenced.

I am so stressed I’ve lost about 5 stone, i can’t eat, can’t sleep and my hair is falling out. I can’t think straight! I KNOW I am not guilty of anything but why aren’t the dealership helping me or trying to sort the problem? I’ve had to pay £1200 on account to my solicitor to sort it out and despite daily calls and emails to the dealership no one is getting back to me and I’m so stressed - this is real life and without them providing the right documents I could be found guilty even though I have never even sat in that car let alone owned it!

I just want an apology from them, an acknowledgment of it. I have also had to go onto anti depressants now as a result of this.

What do I do?!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I don’t want to ruin everyone’s Sunday!!!!

It’s so stupid and I’m getting nowhere trying to fix it myself!

My mum in law died and left us a very hefty inheritance with instructions to use it for a family holiday each year, and to buy something useful so we brought a car brand new off the forecourt, registered in my name.

Arranged to pick it up on Tuesday after, paid for outright. They then called me and told me the mechanic who was doing it’s final checks had been injured due to my car and I was horrified - this went on for 2 weeks until my husband called them at which point they told him that actually the car was faulty and unrepairable and gave us the dealership car to use as our previous one was now gone. A few weeks later they offered to us to keep the managers car and they would refund the difference - in July 2023.
I finally received my refund in December 2023.

In the meantime I had a NIP on my birthday in November - from the police for driving an uninsured vehicle - the one I have never owned! Sent it to the garage and asked them to deal with it and they said they would. In February this year I was charged with that offence and I now have a court date to be sentenced.

I am so stressed I’ve lost about 5 stone, i can’t eat, can’t sleep and my hair is falling out. I can’t think straight! I KNOW I am not guilty of anything but why aren’t the dealership helping me or trying to sort the problem? I’ve had to pay £1200 on account to my solicitor to sort it out and despite daily calls and emails to the dealership no one is getting back to me and I’m so stressed - this is real life and without them providing the right documents I could be found guilty even though I have never even sat in that car let alone owned it!

I just want an apology from them, an acknowledgment of it. I have also had to go onto anti depressants now as a result of this.

What do I do?!
Oh this is awful I’m so sorry you had all this stress on top of your MIL dying. I have no useful advice apart from a listening ear when you need to vent.
Do you have any correspondence from the garage when they originally told you the car was faulty and that you could have the other one?
Also can you prove you were not where the car was at the time if the offense? Like receipts or anything xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh this is awful I’m so sorry you had all this stress on top of your MIL dying. I have no useful advice apart from a listening ear when you need to vent.
Do you have any correspondence from the garage when they originally told you the car was faulty and that you could have the other one?
Also can you prove you were not where the car was at the time if the offense? Like receipts or anything xx
I have an email confirming that I have never had access to that vehicle, thank fully - and emails chasing the refund, etc.

But how can they think it’s okay just to ignore me?! They’re a huge chain of dealerships!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I have an email confirming that I have never had access to that vehicle, thank fully - and emails chasing the refund, etc.

But how can they think it’s okay just to ignore me?! They’re a huge chain of dealerships!
Yes I agree with you. Disgusting behaviour, do they had a hq? Is it a local franchise x

Reactions: 4
Yes I agree with you. Disgusting behaviour, do they had a hq? Is it a local franchise x

I keep asking for a contact within customer care, I’ve tried all the other local branches, I’ve asked for their complaints procedures and nothing. The only info on their website is for each branch and when I speak to the branches they then refer me back to the same guy that made the mistakes and he never responds to me x

• Wow
@Amiyaya
Wait a minute - the mechanic had been injured due to your car??

Did it start itself and drive over him?
Any injurues must be due to his NEGLIGENCE.

First of all you are looking at this subjectively because that car dealership is crap (not to mention devious) and they are trying to pin any faults on you.
You need to try and stop panicking first of all.
Then you can look at it objectively.

I know it's hard but they are trying to get themselves off the hook by letting you take the blame.

All cars have a log book. The piece of paper that DVLA issue.
Is there a log book saying you own that car?
If so have you anything in writing to prove the garage never handed it over to you and that you never drove it?

I'm at an exhibition event today so I can't give you the attention I would like to.
I will come back later if I can.

But you need to put your logical head on and look at this as if it was happening to someone else and go through each point so you can counter every accusation against you.
---
Another thought, if your original car was written off, did someone from that garage drive it and commit the offence you are now accused of?

If you have the funds, harangue your solicitor. Get them to sort this nonsense.
The garage will ignore anything except a legal letter.

Might even be worth ringing your local police non-emergency number and having a chat to a friendly copper.

Last edited:
  • Heart
@Amiyaya
Wait a minute - the mechanic had been injured due to your car??

Did it start itself and drive over him?
Any injurues must be due to his NEGLIGENCE.

First of all you are looking at this subjectively because that car dealership is crap (not to mention devious) and they are trying to pin any faults on you.
You need to try and stop panicking first of all.
Then you can look at it objectively.

I know it's hard but they are trying to get themselves off the hook by letting you take the blame.

All cars have a log book. The piece of paper that DVLA issue.
Is there a log book saying you own that car?
If so have you anything in writing to prove the garage never handed it over to you and that you never drove it?

I'm at an exhibition event today so I can't give you the attention I would like to.
I will come back later if I can.

But you need to put your logical head on and look at this as if it was happening to someone else and go through each point so you can counter every accusation against you.
---
Another thought, if your original car was written off, did someone from that garage drive it and commit the offence you are now accused of?

If you have the funds, harangue your solicitor. Get them to sort this nonsense.
The garage will ignore anything except a legal letter.

Might even be worth ringing your local police non-emergency number and having a chat to a friendly copper.

I recieved a log book for it last week! Which also threw me!!!!

It’s just such a mess!

Thank you @Chita - hope you’re having a fab day!

• Wow
PS
Always the Ombudsman.
Get onto them too.

The garage will ignore because they don't want to own up.
---
I recieved a log book for it last week! Which also threw me!!!!

It’s just such a mess!

Thank you @Chita - hope you’re having a fab day!
They put your name on it as owner then.
So you NEED that written proof you never had access to the car.

Solicitor chat first thing tomorrow..
---
And do not let the proof of never having access out of your sight.
Keep the original.

Last edited:
  • Heart
@Amiyaya

I think you need to be careful not to do anything to jeopardise your case. I assume your solicitor is confident that they can prove you’re not liable?

You could always look up who the Chief Exec is and approach them via Twitter?

Which dealership is it? You could also draw attention to them on Twitter, as long as the solicitor says that won’t harm your case. I’m sure if you’re just asking them to resolve the issue, it should be ok.

• Heart
I was just about to say go to the ombudsman @Chita

I'm glad you have something in writing, that should help even though they're being twats.
Hopefully it gets resolved and you can get them to pay your fees

Hi guys, I have a bit of an odd problem
Today I posted a not very complimentry comment in the Daily Mail comment section, about The Princess of Wales. It wasn't nasty, or the usual conspiracy filled nonsense, I just asked a question. Please don't criticise me for doing this, I know most of you frequent the Harkles thread.
Someone replied to the comment, the reply contained a phrase, which is very personal to myself. A while later someone else replied saying "thats what we all call you. The point I am trying to make, is a few random people, knew a personal piece of information concerning myself, and posted it in the comment section of a national newspaper!
I am aware of how this is sounding so far, I'm sounding like a nut job. that I've lost the plot. I showed these comments to my partner, he was quite concerned about them.
The question is how should I deal with this?

Maybe I need to post some of the texts, to prove I am being honest.

chrome_screenshot_17 Mar 2024 19_01_06 GMT.png

chrome_screenshot_17 Mar 2024 18_46_21 GMT.png

chrome_screenshot_17 Mar 2024 18_51_18 GMT.png

In posting this, I am outing myself on so many levels, but I find this rather sinister. I have had no interaction with these people, before today. I realise that I will probably be dismissed as a nutjob, but that is a risk I have to take.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Hi guys, I have a bit of an odd problem
Today I posted a not very complimentry comment in the Daily Mail comment section, about The Princess of Wales. It wasn't nasty, or the usual conspiracy filled nonsense, I just asked a question. Please don't criticise me for doing this, I know most of you frequent the Harkles thread.
Someone replied to the comment, the reply contained a phrase, which is very personal to myself. A while later someone else replied saying "thats what we all call you. The point I am trying to make, is a few random people, knew a personal piece of information concerning myself, and posted it in the comment section of a national newspaper!
I am aware of how this is sounding so far, I'm sounding like a nut job. that I've lost the plot. I showed these comments to my partner, he was quite concerned about them.
The question is how should I deal with this?

Maybe I need to post some of the texts, to prove I am being honest.

View attachment 2821543

View attachment 2821559

View attachment 2821563

In posting this, I am outing myself on so many levels, but I find this rather sinister. I have had no interaction with these people, before today. I realise that I will probably be dismissed as a nutjob, but that is a risk I have to take.
As far as I know "bubs" is a term of endearment meaning baby or babes.
So the person who called you bubs could just as easily have said bab, or mate, or love or pet or hinny or hen, depending where in the uk they come from.
They could have used bubs to mean brother, or bro if they assume you are male.

Then the one who said "we all call you that" could sense you were unhapy about being called a baby and was trying to be witty.

As you say, they cannot know who you are in real life so have no idea that might be a nickname or a word that may trigger you in some way.
Unless you have posted there about it in the past.
You may have had no interaction with those posters but if you post on there they can see what you write and form an opinion about you.
Also some people like to tease and have banter and maybe that poster was just trying to have a bit of fun with you.

In answer to yourcquestion about Catherine - she is a high ranking royal. Moving up the echelons towards being queen.

Our monarch is a figurehead. Military regiments traditionally have a royal appointed as their Colonel in chief or whatever.
The monarch can't attend every regiment's event so the working royals help out by taking a share of such patronages.
Catherine didn't serve in any military but she gets the military "job" because of her royal rank.
Personally I don't mind the royals heading up regiments. That's their job.

But I don't think they should wear medals unless they earned them personally.
Those jubilee medals they all wear should be scrapped too.

Why would people who I have never had any interaction with, want to tease or have banter with me?
Incidentally, I have never used that term on any social media platform ever.
---
The time ran out, before I could complete what I wanted to say. There are other issues going on in the background, have been for a long time. I am sorry to sound dramtic, but I am not dealing with this very well.
I can see by the tone of your comment about The Princess of Wales, that I might have offended you, and possibly the others that use this thread, and the M&H thread. That was not my intention.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Why would people who I have never had any interaction with, want to tease or have banter with me?
Incidentally, I have never used that term on any social media platform ever.
---
The time ran out, before I could complete what I wanted to say. There are other issues going on in the background, have been for a long time. I am sorry to sound dramtic, but I am not dealing with this very well.
I can see by the tone of your comment about The Princess of Wales, that I might have offended you, and possibly the others that use this thread, and the M&H thread. That was not my intention.

Not offended.
Dont worry.
I have mixed feelings about our royals. Some I like, some I don't like.
But not offended at all.

And people come online for many reasons. One reason is to tease and have banter and a bit of fun, that they maybe don't get in their real lives. Just having a laugh.

For what its worth, I HATE the term 'Hun' but people use it often. They don't mean any harm by it and they have no idea I dont like it, so if anyone refers to me as 'Hun' I just suck it up and move on.

You have had a lot to deal with lately and you are doing a great job coping with it all.
But not everyone is out to get you or to upset you.

Let the Bubs comment go.
Do something nice today. Treat yourself to something that you enjoy and let go of the crap that upsets you.

xxx

• Heart
Not offended.
Dont worry.
I have mixed feelings about our royals. Some I like, some I don't like.
But not offended at all.

And people come online for many reasons. One reason is to tease and have banter and a bit of fun, that they maybe don't get in their real lives. Just having a laugh.

For what its worth, I HATE the term 'Hun' but people use it often. They don't mean any harm by it and they have no idea I dont like it, so if anyone refers to me as 'Hun' I just suck it up and move on.

You have had a lot to deal with lately and you are doing a great job coping with it all.
But not everyone is out to get you or to upset you.

Let the Bubs comment go.
Do something nice today. Treat yourself to something that you enjoy and let go of the crap that upsets you.

xxx
The term ‘hollibobs’ and ‘hubby’ irritate me, but you just gotta let it go cos in the grand scheme of things it’s not important

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.