Escape into the Tea & Sympathy chat room #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning everyone, just popping in to tell you all I bought some wellies for my park walks! Hope you are all well xxx
Don't get blown away today!

I've not yet joined my local swimmers - I need to find my cossie and the wetsuit I ordered has too long legs so I look like Nora Batty.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Sorry to hear that Tatty. It's heart breaking. Sending hugs.
Thank-you - we had her individually cremated, just got her ashes back today in a beautiful casket

Our pets are our companions and friends, along with our human ones; Fuuko was something else - so clever and so adept in manipulating our behaviour; she used to tell me when my husband was arriving home from work (despite various nurse shifts), she knew the sound of our car's engine and was waiting by the door!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I truly wish all of you the best of everything - through adversity comes strength (and I'm not just talking about the cat - we know who we are). Merry Christmas - take care you lovely people xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank-you - we had her individually cremated, just got her ashes back today in a beautiful casket

Our pets are our companions and friends, along with our human ones; Fuuko was something else - so clever and so adept in manipulating our behaviour; she used to tell me when my husband was arriving home from work (despite various nurse shifts), she knew the sound of our car's engine and was waiting by the door!
You did the right thing, hold on to that ❤. They are such big parts of our lives and we love them so much but we have to know when to let go xx.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well, it's been a heck of a year, hasn't it?

I lost a friend to suicide this year and another who is very close to the edge is still hanging in there.
I must admit, I have run out of things to do to keep him hanging on, but he is. So we must be doing something right. It is a struggle, though.
Another very dear friend died in 2020 because Covid halted her cancer treatment and her loss has left a very deep void.

However, the new year is now on the horizon and new shoots of growth will soon appear when Spring comes.
Fairy lights twinkle and bring some light to our darkness and even though Christmas can be terribly difficult for some of us to get through, it does bring some sprinkles of magic dust with it.

I hope everyone is managing to plod on as best they can.

I may not have posted much lately but I am still here and do pop in, so if I can help anyone I will do my best.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
You did the right thing, hold on to that ❤. They are such big parts of our lives and we love them so much but we have to know when to let go xx.

Exactly, thank-you; she's still in our hearts

I lost a friend to suicide this year and another who is very close to the edge is still hanging in there.
I must admit, I have run out of things to do to keep him hanging on, but he is. So we must be doing something right. It is a struggle, though.
Another very dear friend died in 2020 because Covid halted her cancer treatment and her loss has left a very deep void.

However, the new year is now on the horizon and new shoots of growth will soon appear when Spring comes.
Fairy lights twinkle and bring some light to our darkness and even though Christmas can be terribly difficult for some of us to get through, it does bring some sprinkles of magic dust with it.

I may not have posted much lately but I am still here and do pop in, so if I can help anyone I will do my best.
Sorry for your losses - I don't really know how you get over that; perhaps we never do.

Sorry for your losses - I don't really know how you get over that; perhaps we never do.

I don't expect anyone here to tell me that they haven't been born from the ashes - you're here and speaking about it. Survivors - stay strong, and be true to yourself and those you love xx

My Dad died when I was nine-years old; diabetic, type 1 - his heart failed during a kidney transplant. Such is life - he lives on me and his four grandchildren

Last edited:
  • Heart
Anyway lovelies - plans for Christmas might need a little tweaking; keep safe and enjoy the time with your loved ones Lxxx

Depression is a terrible thing - you think that you've got over it; then something happens that tips you over the balance; fighting so hard against it - never want to be in that black hole again

Last edited:
  • Heart
Anyway lovelies - plans for Christmas might need a little tweaking; keep safe and enjoy the time with your loved ones Lxxx

Depression is a terrible thing - you think that you've got over it; then something happens that tips you over the balance; fighting so hard against it - never want to be in that black hole again
I suffered from depression many years ago and kept a packet of tablets in the drawer. If I ever felt like I was getting the symptoms I would look at them and promise myself I was not going back there.

Such difficult times. You sound like an amazing friend but make sure you look after yourself too. ❤

• Heart
Morning everyone :)
I've finally got some time on my hands and I'm not sure what to do with it..lol!
Just come in here to give a big squidge to anyone that is struggling right about now - this is such a hard time of year for so many! 🤗🤗🤗

• Heart
Morning everyone :)
I've finally got some time on my hands and I'm not sure what to do with it..lol!
Just come in here to give a big squidge to anyone that is struggling right about now - this is such a hard time of year for so many! 🤗🤗🤗
Lol I was just thinking I need to go on the thread just to say hello to everyone. But I changed my mind thinking is that all you’ve got to say, just a hello. Hope everyone’s well Xxx

• Heart
I wish I had found this thread earlier... but better late than never, right?

I am sorry for your loss @Chita you are a great friend. I pray he keeps hanging in there and don't lose hope.

• Heart
This is such a difficult time of year for bad news but my uncle has just died and one of my breast cancer group has been diagnosed with cancer again...in her bones. 😣

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I wish I had found this thread earlier... but better late than never, right?

I am sorry for your loss @Chita you are a great friend. I pray he keeps hanging in there and don't lose hope.
Welcome.

This is such a difficult time of year for bad news but my uncle has just died and one of my breast cancer group has been diagnosed with cancer again...in her bones. 😣
Its when tit keeps happening - a person struggles to deal with one tough break and then more tit happens.

It's a constant battle isn't it?

They feel like they are constantly being punched to the ground and kicked when they are down.

Lockdowns make depressives feel even worse.

All we can do is keep going and do our best to give them hope that it is worth them keep going too.

• Heart
How do you get someone to get professional help when they keep refusing??

Its doing my head in.
Just make the damn call to 111 or the GP.

Bloody lockdowns.
Bloody variants.
The bloody "science!"

Let people get their lives back FFS

:mad:😡😡😡

• Sad
  • Heart
i'm so sorry, she was incredibly beautiful 💜
She was indeed - I've loved all my cats, but Fuuko was special; used to give me a high-five, waiting at the door when Dad came home from work - irreplaceable

I think that caring about your pets is a good example of love; they don't know that - they just know that you look after them; and miss them when they're gone

We named him Finn McCool, kindest most wonderful dog we ever had - he came to us via re-homing; and with a heart problem.
I held him close when his heart was failing and the vet administered the final dose 😭

Still breaks my heart 😭

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Depression is a terrible thing; you think that you're over it, then something happens and tips the balance.
I am determined to not be in that black hole again - been there, don't want to go back.
I'll sort this, because I have my husband and children to look after

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.