Erin - Little.Lulu.Love #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Made me feel icky when she posted on her story that she's 'saving' all her fundraising efforts for Berlin. Like she wants to be able to raise a big sum of money all at once doing something that's all about her so she gets the headpats, rather than fundraising throughout the year for something like Purple Day that's purely epilepsy focused. I mean, running a marathon has zero to do with epilepsy or disability. If anything, it's the antithesis of both situations. It's all about Erin. Still not computing that she's leaving the country for Lu's 5th birthday to do a bloody marathon...

Reactions: 14
Made me feel icky when she posted on her story that she's 'saving' all her fundraising efforts for Berlin…
Agree @EggCarton. She’s saving her fundraising efforts so she can get heads pats for her unnecessary overseas trip. There is no need to travel to Berlin. There is no need to miss her daughter’s birthday. But I guess if she can swing 100,000 again she will consider it all worth it. 😠

Reactions: 10
Agree @EggCarton. She’s saving her fundraising efforts so she can get heads pats for her unnecessary overseas trip. There is no need to travel to Berlin. There is no need to miss her daughter’s birthday. But I guess if she can swing 100,000 again she will consider it all worth it. 😠
All about the head pats.. the fact she guilt tripped people last time as well about it.
Erin, you can run a marathon because you want to. You don’t need to pretend it’s for your daughter your leaving in the country for her birthday

Reactions: 9
I just can’t with this selfish bleep anymore! She doesn’t deserve any kids. I’ve never come across someone on socials as narcissistic as this witch. I bleeping hope you read this Erin, YOU are a SELFISH bleep!

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Gosh Erin, I know it's awful that Lu has seizures but to go as far as Easter is already ruined when it's only just began, is so awful 💔. You've still got 4 days to have some good times, to get some perspective and enjoy some little moments with your family.

Reactions: 18
A seizure does not “ruin” anything. They are an unavoidable medical occurrence that, unfortunately for Lu, are regular enough that they must simply be accommodated and navigated, expected as part of her day-to-day routine. So if a seizure can “ruin” Easter for Erin, then does that mean that her constant seizures have “ruined” Erin’s whole life? Her choice of words are quite the window into her psyche.

Please know, this is not me diminishing the seizures or negating her condition, this is me not at all understanding why Erin has not yet accepted their family’s reality and learned how to keep life moving around the seizures without skipping a beat - for Lulu’s sake. Erin not seeking out mental health care to grapple with her obvious resentment is such an egregious act against poor Lulu.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Easter is ruined because she doesn’t have a ‘normal’ child. 🤮🤮🤮

I don’t even follow this witch because she makes my blood boil. I read along in here because I love to see sweet Lu’s successes. She is such a sweetheart and I feel so sorry that she has that monster as a mother.

Let’s be honest, Erin was already setting up for Easter to be “ruined”. It’s predictable

Easter is not ruined Erin, you dwelling on it and deciding it’s ruined will do it

Reactions: 12
I'm curious about first aid responses for seizures. They seem to really panic, yell, blow in her face..lay her on her back. It just seems to go against what first aid suggests. It just seems to be another facet of them not accepting her condition.

Reactions: 13
I'm curious about first aid responses for seizures. They seem to really panic, yell, blow in her face..lay her on her back. It just seems to go against what first aid suggests. It just seems to be another facet of them not accepting her condition.
A friend of mine has epilepsy. I asked about the blowing in the face, as it’s always seemed really strange to me. She said she’d hate it if someone blew in her face during a seizure, and it’s not something her parents ever did 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
My heart breaks for Luella in all of these videos from tonight’s post - but it also breaks for Tom who just has to stand by and watch his sister be gripped by seizures and is too little to understand what’s happening. He must be so scared and confused by the panic that erupts whenever the seizures hit. I completely understand Erin and Dave wanting and needing to be with Luella but surely the reality for many parents in homes like this is that one parent tends to the child who is suffering and the other goes to comfort and reassure the child watching on. This is not my reality at all but when one of my kids is sick the approach is very much divide and conquer with the other kid - as much as we’d like to sit and comfort the sick child the other deserves attention and care in those moments as well. I’m not sure if this is just my privileged perspective or if other parents in this situation are just doing what needs to be done for all kids and Erin and Dave, as usual, are refusing to accept the reality of their life - a reality they created, in part, by choosing to have Tom when they were already not coping with Luella’s care.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m not even going to pretend to understand. But life doesn’t need to be ruined. The weekend doesn’t need to be ruined.
I have a friend whose little boy (now in high school) is quite disabled, due to complications at birth. So while I’m sure they were compensated they definitely don’t appear to have the same privileges as Erin and Dave, anyway, the point of this is to say that they have done everything to ensure he has a somewhat normal and enjoyable life. They have a caravan, a place by the water they use or air bnb and a boat while these aren’t necessary for a good life but they have these things to make sure he can still experience the joys in life. He goes on holidays etc. he is wheelchair bound and cannot talk and also suffers from seizures while it’s scary they still make the most out of life for him, them and their other child. It doesn’t have to be doom and gloom you can still attempt a good inclusive life. This little boy wasn’t supposed to live to see his 5th birthday. It’s what you make it. While I’m sure mostly it is hard but it’s harder when you have that frame of mind

I hate that all the comments are about ‘poor Erin’, what about Lulu?!
Why do they act so frantic when she has a seizure? Surely they’ve learned how to cope? Surely at least one of them regularly does first aid so they know what to do in these instances? They both seem absolutely clueless.

Reactions: 18
There’s a mum on tik tok who’s daughter also suffers from horrific seizures, she’s videoed them and the contrast between how she keeps her calm and stays in control of getting meds, calling an ambulance ect is just so different.

Reactions: 8
No why is an egg hunt bittersweet? I get what she is saying but she has two children enjoying their Easter morning… why can’t that just be sweet?

Reactions: 9
Erin you can still do all the things; it just looks different. Different is ok. My autistic child has no interest in birthdays, cake, christmas, easter and presents - we still celebrate as a family and try to include him but I don’t get sad and depressed when he runs off leaving his gifts all wrapped and untouched. Just means I get to eat his chocolate. Winning.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
While I’m glad she at least got in the spirit and organised an egg hunt, I’m finding this part about Lu not experiencing ‘even a moment of joy’ really awful.

Lu does have enjoyment at things in life, she’s not miserable 24/7. So what, she wasn’t into the egg hunt. She still can have joy in life, and Erin should focus on finding things that spark joy for Luella.
IMG_6463.jpeg

Reactions: 15
I just can not fathom why Epilepsy Action Australia appointed Erin and Dave to their board of Directors. Because if "raising awareness" is recording Luella's seizures and posting them, it ain't it. See a really good take on this attached. I am not at all about Erin posting the videos of the seizures, but could maybe possibly see how it could help people understand what to do when kids have a seizure - but panicking, yelling, and blowing in her face again isn't it.

On the EAA's page they also say they aim to replace stigma and discrimination with compassion and understanding. But Erin's latest posts don't do this at all. It is all how she hates her life basically. No compassion or love for Lu. Then you read the comments and people are saying how much they hate being a "special needs Mum" (don't even start me on that term). The whole thing makes my stomach turn (and Erin, yes I have a child with disabilities and epilepsy - so I more than know what it is like).

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.