Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kalesmoothie

Chatty Member
Erin needs to accept her daughter has a lifelong disability.

Her issues aren’t with trying to find a solution. It’s deep seated ableism. She thought she was entitled to the white picket fence, 2.5 perfectly typical children, someone who would have avoided a disabled person when in public. There’s no way she’s ever engaged with others who live with significantly disabled children, and the fact her friends dropped her shows what a true vile piece of shit she is.

Erin. I’ve said it before but i’ll say it again. Life is a million times better when you accept and get comfortable with your reality.

There is no silver bullet. No one is coming to save us or cure our children. I promise there’s joy to be found when you stop fighting it.

There’s a quote around having a disabled child- “Why me? … Why not me?”. No one is so special that they were immune to having disabled kids. No one’s immune to catastrophic brain injuries or needing assistive technology. This is what it is.

Luella is clearly stable and doing very well. God forbid Erin finds glimmers in that and shifts her perspective to be behind her daughter for once.

Vile, evil woman.

The fact she constantly has someone to blame says clearly she’s the issue, not the ones she constantly rags out online. Pathetic behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

influencerstalk

God she finds anything to complain about ! She wouldn’t even pay for nappies as NDIS would be paying for them. Why doesn’t she buy some with her own money and donate some to the hospitals ?
She was saying she was still waiting on a 6 figure donation to come in for the epilepsy fundraiser the other night. Why doesn’t she do the same fundraising for the children’s hospitals that she keeps saying are in an appalling state.

Most people doing an overnight stay only would just shower before heading in and then she was going to be home in the morning shower then ?

and TV not working ? Oh wow one Night in hospital not even 24 hours I think you will survive Erin

My husband was months and months in hospital and hospice andI I never ranted once !Things weren’t perfect but the staff lovely and I brought in whatever he needed (with my 3 kids in tow )extra blankets, wipes, PJs, extra food, treats etc etc. I then worked w the hospice for the plans for the future development to outline what would help families like ours (my Husband was the onlyyoung Dad in there with young kids for the 3 months he was there ) to make the experience more comfortable and less terrifying.

Sorry went on a tangent…but her entitlement astounds me !

• Heart
Reactions: 28

ljch

Poor Lu. Also what’s with the ‘Tom needs a holiday too’ umm he’s 1, wtf. Plus anyone who has ever gone away with more than one young child knows that parents have to divide and conquer. It’s a fact of parenting. And finally how’s the privilege of it, being able to leave your disabled daughter behind to go on a beach getaway. I thought she didn’t have a village??

Reactions: 27

GeorgieBox

VIP Member
Saddle up everyone! Here we fucking go
Erin, I don’t know if you’ve fucking worked this out yet but no one wants to or ethically can open people’s brains up and go slicing willy nilly on the hope they stop electrical impulses occurring all over the brain. It is biologically impossible and reckless. Blasting people who know just a tad more about epilepsy than you do (but not everything - but medical science never claimed to be infallible) is also outright rude and frankly, negligent as it disadvantages your daughter. Not because your psychotic ass thinks everyone is out to get you and you honestly believe a neurosurgeon has enough time to run a petty vendetta against you… but because you yourself denied your daughter any semblance of normal because you’re ableist. You can’t accept anything but normal. Sorry but your daughter is disabled. She was born that way. Not because of vaccines but because shit fucking happens. There is no answer. You need to learn acceptance of your own fucking reality and get out of your way. Learn to be present and advocate appropriately for your daughter. For a parent, nay even the parent of a disabled child, she sure has a fuck ton of spare time to run. I’ve never come across any other parent with similar circumstances with spare time she has. Maybe she could do some research on epilepsy.

• Heart

jumble

How many breaks does she need? A kid free trip to Singapore and Thailand. A night alone in a hotel. A holiday with one child to QLD. A daily marathon training run. A carer to take Lulu to therapy. A night nurse. Parents visiting almost daily.. come on. The entire family is disgusting for enabling this behaviour. It just breaks my heart for Lulu. Erin 100% takes the view that Lulu doesn’t know what she’s missing or understand what’s going on, so why bother including her?
I just cannot imagine leaving one of my kids at home while taking the others on a holiday.
I remember her complaining about Lulu struggling in the heat on their last beach holiday, so they just left her in the room. At least this time they didn’t have to pay for an airfare or deal with Lulu on the plane. A normal loving family would plan a holiday to suit everyone.
Evil, selfish mother AND father.

• Heart
I still don’t get how on one hand she’s saying she literally can’t even drop Lulu at preschool, and then a minute later still talking about sending her mainstream??

Also, I have a four year old. At that age they are sweet and smart and curious and non-judgmental. Kids would absolutely go to a party for Lulu and play with her. How heartbreaking to just completely write her off like that.

• Heart

jumble

She’s infuriating. How does she not see that getting out at dinner/bath time for an 11km run is down time? How does she not know that everyone with kids is fucking exhausted? How does she not know that almost every kid plays up at bedtime, that there are plenty of people who get their kids down at a reasonable time, only to have them wake up and fuck around for a couple of hours? It’s not just Lulu! If she’s exhausted maybe training for a marathon isn’t the best idea.
I can’t believe she tried to spin her reasons for training into supporting epilepsy and how much cash she’s raised. Like, no, you just enjoy running and the challenge of training for a marathon, it has nothing to do with epilepsy or Lulu.
I would love to know what Dave is like, because how he puts up with Erin is beyond my comprehension. She is just a huge ball of selfishness, negativity, narcissism and anger. What positive attributes does she have?
---
Also, what time are they putting that 4 YEAR OLD child to bed if she’s been asleep already and waking up at 7pm?! I have two very ‘normal’ kids so I have no experience with kids with issues like Lulu and am happy to be corrected if she would in fact need to be put to bed at 5:30/6pm, but maybe try putting her to bed later? They expect her to sleep 14 hours overnight plus all the sleep during the day. It’s not rocket science, the kid isn’t tired. It’s like they just want her to sleep her life away so she’s easier to manage. A 7:30 bedtime would suit a four year old much better. Just because Tom goes to bed at 6/6:30, doesn’t mean it’s suitable for Lulu.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Kalesmoothie

Chatty Member
I wonder what epilepsy action australia think of their “ambassador” leaving her daughter behind, building a house not designed for her daughter, avoiding anything and everything to do with her daughter including therapies.
I’m actually shook.
I knew she was a piece of shit but this… Wow.
Why would any parent of any child do this?
I can’t even imagine doing this. Tom’s fucking 1. he doesn’t NEED a holiday. she’s just teaching him the way of ableism by avoiding his sister and thinking like there’s something so hideous and wrong with her it justifies LEAVING HER BEHIND. ON PURPOSE.
No wonder Lu is so miserable for Erin. She knows her mother hates her.

• Heart
I think most parents would go to more effort to attend a party for Lu and make sure it was special and that their kids played with her. Most parents would be willing to help her out at drop offs or hold Tom for a bit while she managed Lu. Even if they didn’t like Erin. Most parents would be willing to catch up with her for coffee (at least once, maybe wouldn’t go back a second time 😂).

Complains about not having a village (obviously she does 🤪), but then doesn’t bother turning up to daycare where she could meet other parents? Doesn’t want to send her to a special school, where she’d meet (or should meet 🙄) other parents of children with complex needs. THAT’S your village.

EveryDaysASoulDay

VIP Member
Do you know what makes me irrationally angry? Pictures of Dave. Grinning like a fool. Knowing that he is the only defense that Lu has against her psychologically damaged mother and he is enabling all of it. He has the power to change that little girls trajectory and he’s not. Fuck that guy. Now when I look at him all I see is a goofy-ass giant thumb with teeth.

• Haha
  • Sad

Swamp Life

Didn’t have time to report the ceiling damage, but did have time to snap a quick photo to slam them on socials

Reactions: 26

MrsEyeroll

VIP Member
As far as school goes my son goes to a special needs school and there are children there that are far worse off than Lu that go to school full time. And guess what? They are included in absolutely everything! Even sports day! You can't tell me that these beautiful kids don't get something out of being included and being in an educational environment. She's acting like it's a waste of time and Lu is so far gone she can't even have an education. Yes she fucking can! Just like she CAN walk (just with assistance), she CAN communicate (in her own way) and she DOES enjoy things (look at her beautiful smile when she's on the swing!). Honestly Erin can get fucked she has really pissed me off in the last 24 hours.

• Heart

GeorgieBox

VIP Member
Here we go friends, yet again.. didn’t disappoint us ;)
Oh Erin, I think you’ll find other parents of children with a multitude of complex medical needs have been in your shoes. Yet they still include their children. What a stupid fucking statement. No one is going to be witness to your total reality because we are all different. Coping mechanisms, personality, resilience, temperament. Many people here come from a place perhaps further down the line, where it does look awful and ableist to leave your child at home and purposely pick a holiday destination they can’t go on. It’s fucking disgusting. Her lack of acceptance of reality is pathetic. Erin, you may be lucky to have Lu for a long time, maybe try valuing it. You may also only have her a short time, so of course, make sure you take plenty of trips away from her too 😡. This woman is pathetic. The balls on her to be a board member for epilepsy action Australia. Unbelievable.

• Heart
  • Angry

Kalesmoothie

Chatty Member
The questions and answers tonight have been some of the worst yet. The one about her anxiety in Thailand - they checked in on the kids once a day? I don’t expect parents to spend their child-free time in constant contact but you’d think when you have a medically complex child like Luella, or even a child as young as Tom, you’d be checking in more than once a day. Who is empowering her to be this honest on social media? Who is congratulating and applauding this kind of attitude to her children? I do not understand how she thinks sharing this stuff is a good idea.

And as for her confusion about people’s interest in other peoples kids vax status, I’ll say two things - some of us like to know whether our child is at risk of being exposed to measles or meningococcal, and if one of my kids was medically compromised and vulnerable I’d want to know I was doing everything I could to protect them.
Kids are actually the best at inclusion. It’s their parents that are the horrible ones that teach them otherwise, but for the majority, kids don’t see differences. My kid has no interest in other kids and is quite obviously disabled, and has one “friend” who he mildly tolerates, but his kinder group don’t bat an eye at him for all his differences and struggles, they actually try really hard with him. Erin is *that* parent! She sees her own daughter as “less than”, so she expects everyone else does. Another thing that is Erin’s doing.
And why the fuck has she never been to kinder to support her own daughter????? I’ve attended with my son all year, i could not IMAGINE having a paid person do it every single session. Wtf.

Baby Snark

Faaaaaaaaaark me. I missed the stories earlier this week and just saw the one yesterday of Erin enjoying her practically child free holiday.
I thought she had left Luella in the room with a carer and I thought you selfish bitch then.
Came on here to realise that she fucking LEFT HER AT HOME!! 😱😱😱😢😢😢
This fucking woman honestly. Absolute piece of shit. How much more "me" time can she possibly have? She has had so much time away from Lu this year alone. No village, fuck all the way off Erin. Just fuck off. I've had a gutful of this entitled narcissistic negative shunt.

• Heart
Didn’t she say recently that Lu wouldn’t be having a party because she doesn’t have any friends? I’m glad she’s going to be celebrating with her class!!

How heartbreaking to say she’ll never have friends!! Probably one of the major benefits of sending her to a special school is that she will have plenty of peers!! Erin is so sheltered. Lu isn’t actually that unique. Sadly lots of children have disabilities, but they still deserve to live rich and fulfilled lives!!!

• Heart

Maisiemouse

It makes me so angry that she's whinged enough and been funded a night nurse. For what?? No infusions, no medications, no overnight feeds, no oxygen, not needing pressure area cares. There are SO many family's that actually need a nurse to be a nurse, and yet Erin gets to swan around having her full nights sleep and doing hours of marathon training on the daily.

• Wow
Reactions: 25

santababy

Chatty Member
“There were many reasons why we left her at home and i won’t go into it because it makes me too upset”

Sure Jan. You left your disabled daughter at home Erin. That’s it.

• Angry
  • Wow

IAmSometimesTheWalrus

I just can’t get over her complaining that a hospital servicing how-many-hundreds-of-thousands-of-children doesn’t suit her exact (unrealistic) needs when she’s literally building a brand new house where they’ve done nothing to plan for accommodating Luella’s needs and say well, she’ll just have to sleep downstairs…
Does she not see the irony?