Equestrian Influencers #8 Here for the fun and the Badders qualification..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think when YouTubers talk about how long editing takes, it's to counteract people criticising them for getting 'something for nothing' or 'money for their hobby'.
Fair enough, I like watching vlogs, so I hope they keep spending the time doing it.
I don't mind hearing how long it takes, I know nothing about it, so it's kind of interesting. Just makes me think I couldn't be bloody bothered!

Reactions: 7
Pure feeds have gone into administration
Where did you read this? Haven't seen anything. What a shame they are bust.

What’s with Tina posting on Insta stories asking us what do we think she has earnt off YT this month and how long do we think it took her to edit a vlog?! Like who even gives a tit 😂
She doesn't even vlog regularly anymore, used to be 2x a week but very intermiitent now.
Although Vlogmas is just round the corner.....

In all fairness to Tina, I think she is caring for a dying relative at the moment so she may have cut back on vlogging while doing this.

The likes of Meg really don’t live in the real world. I know they have to produce so much content to keep their YT views up and things and they have pressure off brands to get adverts out, but at the same time, they are doing heir hobby as a job and not trying to fit horses and riding in around a 9-5, or any other working hours. The rest of us are in a constant fight for daylight and time at this time of year and all our waking thoughts can’t just be about horses. She is very lucky to have a mother who is heavily involved because most of us grown ups are doing it single handedly and not relying on our mums. Plus she’s got the horses at home. I do like Meg but she has a level of privilege that I don’t even think she realises because it’s so normal to her. I wonder how she’d cope on a livery yard with no mother helping her and a full time job to fit in.

Reactions: 12
In all fairness to Tina, I think she is caring for a dying relative at the moment so she may have cut back on vlogging while doing this.

The likes of Meg really don’t live in the real world. I know they have to produce so much content to keep their YT views up and things and they have pressure off brands to get adverts out, but at the same time, they are doing heir hobby as a job and not trying to fit horses and riding in around a 9-5, or any other working hours. The rest of us are in a constant fight for daylight and time at this time of year and all our waking thoughts can’t just be about horses. She is very lucky to have a mother who is heavily involved because most of us grown ups are doing it single handedly and not relying on our mums. Plus she’s got the horses at home. I do like Meg but she has a level of privilege that I don’t even think she realises because it’s so normal to her. I wonder how she’d cope on a livery yard with no mother helping her and a full time job to fit in.
I have to admit I'm a little envious of these influencers. I only see my horse in daylight on weekends at this time of year and have no arena so can only hack. I'd love to produce my own project ponies, but I just can't afford to and don't have the time. I have to hire transport to go to events so can only afford the local unaffiliated shows. I'm sure most of us are in the same situation. When I read comments on here about being envious of influencers and people denying it, how can you not be? Having all day to ride 10 ponies is my absolute dream. Although I know I don't have the personality to be in the limelight 😂

Reactions: 10
I quite like RWC but her stories this morning are a bit tone deaf.. she keeps her life “easy” by being financially independent and “only work as hard as you have to”. Easier said than done pal! 😬
1.) Be financially independent

by keeping your horse for free at your family yard!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
rtg has got to be mental if she thought having a saddle check would solved the lameness. but i am pleased shes having a lameness work up even if it is over due

Reactions: 1
rtg has got to be mental if she thought having a saddle check would solved the lameness. but i am pleased shes having a lameness work up even if it is over due
Pepper looks even fatter at the moment. She needs to get an excess weight off her especially if it’s tendon/joint damage

Reactions: 2
Why is Pepper not clipped but still rugged!?
She has been given pretty rugs so must wear them. And whats Meg going to do now she won’t be getting free feed 🤔. I saw people where struggling to get it so them going into administration explains it.

She still doesn’t think she looks lame though 🤷🏻‍♀️

Christ alive looking at how long it takes for people to edit videos??

I had to learn how to make trailers for work last year - taught myself how to edit and now I make them for clients to sell products. I'd be EMBARRASSED if I had access to long-form video ready to go and it still took me over 11hrs to edit it?? Bloody hell.

'Please feel sorry for us it takes us ages to do this' Don't be bloody silly. You're sat in your living room/'garden office' with no client breathing down your neck and you're STILL slower than a cob owner to a lameness workup!!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I wish I could use slower than a cob owner to do a lameness work up in real life without doxing myself lol. The level of privilege all these influencers show is huge but they wouldnt get where they are without it to even start.There are lots of very real accounts that show how difficult working & keeping a horse but they just dont get the followers & opportunity’s. People moan about not wanting to see filtered lives but the accounts with the most followers Meg, Lucy, Tina, Emily, Pony Nuts, This Esme, Erin Williams, Olivia Towers they all started with a pretty Instagram life so In my opinion people moan but they talk with there follow button.

Reactions: 9
There are lots of very real accounts that show how difficult working & keeping a horse but they just dont get the followers & opportunity’s.
I realised pretty early on that like, backing my youngsters will never be interesting and engaging Instagram content, because generally none of the gits will throw me around and rear/bolt/buck/fart/yeehaw. I always wanted to share how I do things and look to make a living out of it, but looking at these accounts no one cares about the work really, just the pristine success/horrendous fails. No nice, normal (even kind, in some cases!!) in betweens. =[

Reactions: 9
I realised pretty early on that like, backing my youngsters will never be interesting and engaging Instagram content, because generally none of the gits will throw me around and rear/bolt/buck/fart/yeehaw. I always wanted to share how I do things and look to make a living out of it, but looking at these accounts no one cares about the work really, just the pristine success/horrendous fails. No nice, normal (even kind, in some cases!!) in betweens. =[
I would have loved to see that, I really like seeing how people work with green horses.....because I was working with a green horse. I think a lot of people actually training do patreon and stuff, I guess they don't have time to make money via the advertising and fancy content? Also I would watch rehab, but that's definitely not exciting viewing!

Reactions: 1
I would love to see this too. I'd love to have a foal out of my mare sometime but I'm so wary of bringing on a green animal because as you say, all you see online is major successes or horrendous failures!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.