Equestrian Influencers #14... #howNOTtobeanequestrian influencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Used to walk over to get pony in and then tie rope round neck to head collar, hop on bareback and canter back. No tack, no hat, nothing, loved it, wouldn’t dream of it now 😂😂😂😂😂
hahaha yup! Or friend gets a new project pony volunteers to hop on first now if my own chill pony has a few days off it’s lunging before getting on 😂

Reactions: 2
I think Justine is brilliant, and I know she isn’t pretty in the saddle, but she can bloody ride and understands the horse, they always seem to go well for her. I’d rather be able to ride the horse ugly and it be happy than a pretty rider that ride off there hands all the time.
I think Embers issue is he’s “hot and firey”, so it’s more educational than putting a harsh bit in his mouth, as much as Lucy is patient and calm with him, I don’t think they are well suited.
I have to agree. I have seen some damn awful riders who sit straight and have quiet hands but they can’t ride for toffee yet Justine is bloody fantastic. I’d not have an issue with her riding my horses for me. Ember is your typical ex race horse who’s reschooling and Lucy has and is doing a grand job

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Used to walk over to get pony in and then tie rope round neck to head collar, hop on bareback and canter back. No tack, no hat, nothing, loved it, wouldn’t dream of it now 😂😂😂😂😂
I quite often have a quick walk in on the back of my retiree in a head collar and no hat 😆 used to jump bareback and do stupid things in years gone by!

If Meg was killing the canter before, she will be burying it 6 feet under with a cheltenham gag. The mare is trying to run to a fence because the canter is so dead she has nothing to go on. It's a cycle. Meg kills the canter. Jam tries to run. Meg bits up. Meg kills the canter.....
Very disappointed in her. She always used to state she only ever used snaffles and her strongest mouthpiece was Dee's Waterford for jumping in.
She also used to do so many vlogs of grids and exercises with the ponies but now is too busy influencing. This has had a knock on effect on not only her horses but also on her riding. Grids are perfect because once you set the horse up for that first pole or fence you do not need to see a stride.
I would be much more interested in (and willing to watch an irrelevant wine ad for) vlogs about gridwork and exercises and how you can use the same grid for different reasons. She could use different adaptations for Winnie, Dee and Jam.

She is an influencer to a lot of young riders and she needs to think of the implications of her "If you're scared, bit up!" attitude and how that will influence the next generation of young riders that follow her.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m at the trying 2000 bits stage 😅 Which is also very expensive because the tack shops around here won’t take returns if it’s been in a horses mouth
no bit-tit Facebook group is fairly decent at explaining the bit mechanics behind a multitude of bits and help understand what may work best for your horse and is a great resource

Reactions: 1
If Meg was killing the canter before, she will be burying it 6 feet under with a cheltenham gag. The mare is trying to run to a fence because the canter is so dead she has nothing to go on. It's a cycle. Meg kills the canter. Jam tries to run. Meg bits up. Meg kills the canter.....
Very disappointed in her. She always used to state she only ever used snaffles and her strongest mouthpiece was Dee's Waterford for jumping in.
She also used to do so many vlogs of grids and exercises with the ponies but now is too busy influencing. This has had a knock on effect on not only her horses but also on her riding. Grids are perfect because once you set the horse up for that first pole or fence you do not need to see a stride.
I would be much more interested in (and willing to watch an irrelevant wine ad for) vlogs about gridwork and exercises and how you can use the same grid for different reasons. She could use different adaptations for Winnie, Dee and Jam.

She is an influencer to a lot of young riders and she needs to think of the implications of her "If you're scared, bit up!" attitude and how that will influence the next generation of young riders that follow her.
couldn't agree with this more

Anyone watched megs vlog? Can’t put my finger on it but the beginning definitely has a different vibe to watch she used to show, was not drawn into watching at all!

actually watching the new vlog i do wonder if it's Hobbit in Meg's ear making things worse more than anything. she's actually saying 'take a pull megan!!' over one of the clips she's filming..... that combined with everything else can't be helping if she's reinforcing megs already backwards riding

edit: the amount of times she says 'i just cant trust her' it's insane to me that she thinks this is a bitting issue.
how can she watch that footage back and listen to herself and NOT understand

Last edited:
This vlog of megs is awful!! It’s so boring, barely any content of prepping and bts etc and they are so so childish and trying to be so funny. Vibes are so off and fake how has it gotten this bad so quick 😬

Reactions: 3

Spot on.

This vlog of megs is awful!! It’s so boring, barely any content of prepping and bts etc and they are so so childish and trying to be so funny. Vibes are so off and fake how has it gotten this bad so quick 😬
I actually really enjoyed it, just nice watching them all out for the day, enjoying themselves and not so much pressure and worry. ThenI watched Olivia Radcliffes at Solihull, blimey, that was not an easy watch. I admire anyone who is prepared to show a warts and all vlog and I love that she’s so happy with him and enjoying herself but he’s already starting to refuse and I’m not surprised, she’s struggling with him jumping and is all over the place, often left behind and jabbing him in the mouth, for some reason she barely got off his back cross country. She’s good about having lessons though and her dressage has improved since last time so I’m sure with a bit of help and time she’ll get there, she deserves some fun after everything she went through with Bambi.

What I took from that latest EEP vlog was: Han remains #1 contender for TopGroom/VlogBuddy, Meg needs to find her rhythm (it took me 3 tries to spell rhythm 😂) and then it will be beautiful - she honestly has a lovely mare in Jam and needs to find her confidence again because it is getting so disruptive and eventually Jam will say no, which will be a shame because when they work together they truly look great.
I actually liked the 'new' format, no course walk and I don't need to see plaiting.
Enjoyed seeing Hobbit again too.

Reactions: 6
I actually really enjoyed it, just nice watching them all out for the day, enjoying themselves and not so much pressure and worry. ThenI watched Olivia Radcliffes at Solihull, blimey, that was not an easy watch. I admire anyone who is prepared to show a warts and all vlog and I love that she’s so happy with him and enjoying herself but he’s already starting to refuse and I’m not surprised, she’s struggling with him jumping and is all over the place, often left behind and jabbing him in the mouth, for some reason she barely got off his back cross country. She’s good about having lessons though and her dressage has improved since last time so I’m sure with a bit of help and time she’ll get there, she deserves some fun after everything she went through with Bambi.
That's because her horse isn't sound 🤷🏻‍♀️ I won't be convinced otherwise lol. He looks so uncomfortable behind.

Despite them being so obviously sponsored I did enjoy both Em and Tina's latest vlogs. I do not mind them going with a completely new sponsor, especially if they keep using the product after (which they might, who knows), because sadly enough it is the reality of these sponsor things. I would also jump on the chance to train with my idol even though it meant having to do ads for a product I've never used before.

Piggy is absolutely lovely, I love her coaching style. Banksy looked amazing for being off almost 7 weeks but I do agree with the whole discussion about Em and Addie. I think the mare both needs a break and then somebody like Piggy to help Em work with her quirks and bad manners. I loved that Piggy told Em to not stress and be very clear with Addie.

• Heart
Breaks my heart seeing Han being top groom in every vlog and not getting her own time to shine, I really hope one day we get to see her own eventing vlogs with Meg repaying the favour!
---
Anyone have our next thread title?
Gosh, Badminton only feels about a week ago😶

Despite them being so obviously sponsored I did enjoy both Em and Tina's latest vlogs. I do not mind them going with a completely new sponsor, especially if they keep using the product after (which they might, who knows), because sadly enough it is the reality of these sponsor things. I would also jump on the chance to train with my idol even though it meant having to do ads for a product I've never used before.

Piggy is absolutely lovely, I love her coaching style. Banksy looked amazing for being off almost 7 weeks but I do agree with the whole discussion about Em and Addie. I think the mare both needs a break and then somebody like Piggy to help Em work with her quirks and bad manners. I loved that Piggy told Em to not stress and be very clear with Addie.
Piggy is just brilliant, kind and positive but says what you need to hear and gives them lots of things to take away and work on.
I would love a lesson with her but it would be wasted on me jumping 50cm and doing intro and prelim dressage on my cob 😂

Reactions: 7
Piggy is just brilliant, kind and positive but says what you need to hear and gives them lots of things to take away and work on.
I would love a lesson with her but it would be wasted on me jumping 50cm and doing intro and prelim dressage on my cob 😂
Nothing is ever wasted! Training is good for any level no matter what you are aiming at. I don't ride anymore but train dogs and am doing something called rally obedience. I am still a complete beginner but have trained with elite trainers and it is not wasted.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.