Equestrian Influencers #13 #stopsharingyourchildsmedicalhistory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aren’t the Fredericks selling a lovely young mare at the moment that fits that description? If she’s serious about being competitive at that level then surely that would be a good move?

Reactions: 4
Aren’t the Fredericks selling a lovely young mare at the moment that fits that description? If she’s serious about being competitive at that level then surely that would be a good move?
Might not afford it. Do not think the Fredericks would lower the price for Meg. Or maybe she has tried the mare and it did not suit her.

Reactions: 3
But what’s their breeding?
I don’t believe Meg would be talented enough or brave enough to continue to produce a good horse like that.

Reactions: 2
Lilpet has just been through all of the surgery and rehab with Snip. You would think she would know not to hammer her poor cob in his first ride in months.

• Sad
She won't pay for it! That's what is annoying me most about her ad. She wants scope and talent. She knows exactly what it costs to breed and produce that. And won't pay for it - that's the subliminal message of her ad.
She isn't the first to try her luck and if someone falls for her 'celeb' factor, that's their decision. But lucinda Frederick's isn't that soft.....

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think the reason people come across overly critical of Meg wanting a new horse, her breeding program, and handling of current horses is that she seems to regularly contradict herself. It's not necessarily people wanting to tear her down, so much as her actions don't make sense!

Nothing wrong with wanting a new horse, especially if you have the funds/ability to provide a quality home which she does. What comes across as questionable is her wording for the ad and the seemingly complete dismissal for her current youngsters and home-breds. As well as there's just something about it that keeps coming across as unauthentic.

On top of that; breeding your own horses isn't inherently bad, nor does it make you a bad person or selling those horses. What most are critical of is her breeding "program" seems like the backyard breeding which isn't ideal. It also appears based of Lara, that they aren't overly concerned where those they deem lower value end up (you're not responsible for that horse once you sell it, but most do care and try to save a horse when they end up in bad situations). The breeding comes across as someone wanting a foal, because foals are adorable, and then tiring of them once they are grown or if they have the audacity to be born a gelding.

With her current youngsters, what she says and what she does are two different things. Meg says they are coming along well, that Winnie has a great jump, or Ari has nice movement...and then proceeds to write them off as a potential ride for the future. Her riding recently seems stagnant, rather than seeing progress and natural development like she used to when she first started vlogging. Bringing along youngsters makes you a better rider and helps build confidence starting from he ground up, but these days she seems unenthused by the idea of working with youngsters...and yet is looking for a youngster to bring along!

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I think the reason people come across overly critical of Meg wanting a new horse, her breeding program, and handling of current horses is that she seems to regularly contradict herself. It's not necessarily people wanting to tear her down, so much as her actions don't make sense!

Nothing wrong with wanting a new horse, especially if you have the funds/ability to provide a quality home which she does. What comes across as questionable is her wording for the ad and the seemingly complete dismissal for her current youngsters and home-breds. As well as there's just something about it that keeps coming across as unauthentic.

On top of that; breeding your own horses isn't inherently bad, nor does it make you a bad person or selling those horses. What most are critical of is her breeding "program" seems like the backyard breeding which isn't ideal. It also appears based of Lara, that they aren't overly concerned where those they deem lower value end up (you're not responsible for that horse once you sell it, but most do care and try to save a horse when they end up in bad situations). The breeding comes across as someone wanting a foal, because foals are adorable, and then tiring of them once they are grown or if they have the audacity to be born a gelding.

With her current youngsters, what she says and what she does are two different things. Meg says they are coming along well, that Winnie has a great jump, or Ari has nice movement...and then proceeds to write them off as a potential ride for the future. Her riding recently seems stagnant, rather than seeing progress and natural development like she used to when she first started vlogging. Bringing along youngsters makes you a better rider and helps build confidence starting from he ground up, but these days she seems unenthused by the idea of working with youngsters...and yet is looking for a youngster to bring along!
I think you hit the nail on the head there. It's coming across rather cagey as to why she won't give any updates on Ari. Is he in work? But then why wouldn't she do little reels or stories to show it? Is he unsound? Then why not say that's why he's not doing anything? Is he too quirky for her at the moment? Then why not get a professional to bring him on for a couple of months and then reassess things?

Also, I know a lot of people love the competition vlogs, but they honestly bore me. Once you've seen one, you've seen them all! But maybe that's because I don't compete 🤷‍♀️ I find most the popular vlogs like ELS, Meg and Emily are mainly competition vlogs. I'd much rather see people schooling and working their horses at home alone, in a lesson or at arena hires. But again, that's maybe just what I find relatable because that's what I do with my young horses.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yep, would love to see an update vlog on Ari - Meg has 8 horses I think, and apart from Jam and Dee, we hardly ever see any of them. I think the vlogs are far less frequent these days and all sponsor-oriented (although I do love the eventing vlogs). Used to have the work-at-home schooling vlogs which were really interesting to watch.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? Surely not a good advertisement that she’s A. Drinking on the job and B. Drinking and driving?
I can't stand this woman.
---
Novice level…. Hmmmmmm. Not convinced she has the balls. But she may prove us wrong.
I think if you want to go BE100 you want a horse that has potential to do Novice so you know BE100 is within their comfort zone

Meg is breeding all her horses to Welshies or WBs but doesn’t want neither of those in her wanted AD! 😂 I can’t help but laugh!
---

Brilliantly written! 100% 👌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 1
if Meg can’t handle a warmblood than she wouldn’t be able to handle a Irish sport horse or a Connemara cross most of them are hotter than warmbloods .

she was saying to everyone that she breeding her future eventer bears foal was apparently going to be the horse that is going to bring her up the levels and the stallion she picked was a warmblood. She definitely a hypocrite that needs stop breeding horses and so does her mother .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.