Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see Linda Hayden has been shown to have sent unsolicited pics to a SA victim, its on gript twitter with screenshots.
Really hope this doesn't impact anyone involved in the EMcD case, and if they have shared info it isn't going to be shared incorrectly!
Disgusted at this woman. People on twitter keep posting about a “pile on”
When there are a lot of people directly affected by her and indirectly they will want to voice their anger on the issue. Unfortunately for her there are a lot of people 🤷‍♀️

This is a very interesting thread and makes a lot of sense. She seems to have aligned herself with the VA & SDs (IMO) just to massage her own ego and have an echo chamber of people who would never call her out. Narcissist it to the highest degree. It also appears she has lost her job

Sorry if we’re not allowed post links

Reactions: 6
Disgusted at this woman. People on twitter keep posting about a “pile on”
When there are a lot of people directly affected by her and indirectly they will want to voice their anger on the issue. Unfortunately for her there are a lot of people 🤷‍♀️

This is a very interesting thread and makes a lot of sense. She seems to have aligned herself with the VA & SDs (IMO) just to massage her own ego and have an echo chamber of people who would never call her out. Narcissist it to the highest degree. It also appears she has lost her job

Sorry if we’re not allowed post links
Linda Hayden always made me uneasy. I admired some of the work she was doing but the totally unforgiving nature towards anyone who disagreed with or challenged her just made me so uncomfortable. One wrong word to Linda and the hounds were set. It's ironic that she led many pile ons in her time yet some of her minions are still trying to make her out to be a victim because her true nature has been shown. She was a grown woman in her 30's posting that vile tit. She deserves to be 'cancelled'... it's exactly what she'd be calling for if it had been revealed about anyone else. I really hope the victims she was dealing with aren't put off pursuing their cases off the back of this. This has to be torturous for them considering all they've gone through already.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think gript is hugely credible, I wouldn’t be giving them clicks from what I’ve seen on Twitter. I don’t disagree with the sentiment on Linda here just heads up that they’re far-right and connected with Youth Defence, from what I’ve gathered.

I saw the tweet from Eleanor Bingley saying Linda was trying to coerce her to go to the guards/take a case against Eoghan which she didn’t want to do. So now tbh after all those serious anonymous allegations and not taking further action I’m really confused as to what’s going on. I will always side with victims and I do think from everything I’ve read that he has done a lot of what’s he’s accused of, given his disappearance too, but I’m finding this situation more bewildering.

• Heart
I don’t think gript is hugely credible, I wouldn’t be giving them clicks from what I’ve seen on Twitter. I don’t disagree with the sentiment on Linda here just heads up that they’re far-right and connected with Youth Defence, from what I’ve gathered.
Gript are not far right, they are just not far left, which in Ireland seems to be enough to be deemed far right.
They report the news that state sponsored RTÉ won't report.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Gript are not far right, they are just not far left, which in Ireland seems to be enough to be deemed far right.
Gript is edited by John Mcguirk, who is as far right and conservative as they come. He is involved with Declan Ganley, Libertas and writes for the Irish Catholic, was spokesman for Save the 8th. Gript absolutely has an agenda, and there is talk that it is being funded by the Irish Freedom Party. John McGuirk and all that he stands for and all who he associates with are far right, conservative, racist and misogynist scum. And Gript is his baby. anything they report has an angle. Ireland for the Irish. Liberals are ruining our country. Pro Life. duck the woman. Her body, but my choice. God I hate them all. Sorry for then rant. Bringing me back to my fury during the Repeal campaign. 😂 :mad:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
I was steered in the direction of Linda a few years ago now by a mutual friend. Don’t want to talk about why because it risks exposing who I am, but I said I’d check her out and get back in touch.
I followed her twitter but never reached out. She instantly struck me as a disingenuous person who only wanted to help those with issues that suited her agenda so I definitely agree with the narcissist sentiment. How can you say you want to make Ireland an inclusive society but be so intolerant of those who’s beliefs differ from yours? I don’t wish misery on anyone but it’s poetic justice that she’s been cancelled.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
No no no just NO. Gript is John McGuirk and absolutely the far right.
Not excusing for one moment Lindas actions which are deeply disappointing and upsetting, but regardless of any situation and context, Gript is ALWAYS the far right opinion led piece. Always.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm not sure what John McGuirk is but I don't think far right and Conservative are the same thing, frustrating how they are all labelled the same now

Reactions: 3
Noticed RTE repeated the Celebrity Home of the Year show Eoghans place was on only yesterday. Weird timing considering.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Anyone else see this tweet , shows clips someone put together of Eoghan being a complete perv

OMG u can really see Kathryn Thomas is so uncomfortable and Mairead Farrell is also. Jesus!!

Eoghan and his missus seemed to enjoy the glamour that being public figures brought. They seemed to enjoy the high life and I think she relished the fact that she was in a relationship with someone with a profile. They could be quite braggy at times on social media. I wonder what’s for them now and will their relationship change now that the bright lights and glamour have been stripped away. They’re effectively both in hiding now and have to live away from the spotlight now possibly forever. I wonder will they survive. He in particular seemed to relish in the fact that he was mates with Celebs like Niall Horan. I wonder how all of that is going to play out now.

Reactions: 13
Well she has moved to grey stones for work she said it on her story during week... I’m not from dub/Wicklow I’m here in cork city but I don’t know if greystones is a short or long drive from where they were. But I do wonder what way things are now. Agree they both loved limelight but I’m sure she definitely regrets now that there’s so many pics of them all over internet

Reactions: 2
Eoghan and his missus seemed to enjoy the glamour that being public figures brought. They seemed to enjoy the high life and I think she relished the fact that she was in a relationship with someone with a profile. They could be quite braggy at times on social media. I wonder what’s for them now and will their relationship change now that the bright lights and glamour have been stripped away. They’re effectively both in hiding now and have to live away from the spotlight now possibly forever. I wonder will they survive. He in particular seemed to relish in the fact that he was mates with Celebs like Niall Horan. I wonder how all of that is going to play out now.
They’ve had some issues before all this, she caught him texting a girl who was in their circle of friends, not very close but was on their ski trips with them and nights out, the girl knew they were a couple so there was 2 of them in it. The texts his gf found in his phone were along the line of how this girl was so different to anyone he’d ever met before and her outlook on life was amazing 🙄 and that he was falling in love with her- it was an awful shock to Aoife and they went through a tough time of it, she had medical exams at the time it all happened, they were able to resolve it but no idea how she’s coping with this tit show

• Wow
Reactions: 14
They’ve had some issues before all this, she caught him texting a girl who was in their circle of friends, not very close but was on their ski trips with them and nights out, the girl knew they were a couple so there was 2 of them in it. The texts his gf found in his phone were along the line of how this girl was so different to anyone he’d ever met before and her outlook on life was amazing 🙄 and that he was falling in love with her- it was an awful shock to Aoife and they went through a tough time of it, she had medical exams at the time it all happened, they were able to resolve it but no idea how she’s coping with this tit show
My God that must have been awful for her to find out all that, I personally wouldn’t be able to trust him ever again. Are they still together anyone know?

I said this a while back - she is as bad as him for the attention. She has about 6/7k followers off the back of being known for being with him. She has made her insta private but hasn't deleted all the random followers she has and is still posting content for them - shows she isn't too concerned with her own privacy at the moment.

I honestly think they were the same - loved the attention. The amount of articles about them, telling minute details about their relationship timeline/what she does/where they live etc. There was two of them in it - for example, have you seen half the amount of articles about Louise Mc Sharry and her husband (just an example as she is on 2fm too)? No, because Aoife and Eoghan obviously loved the attention. They obviously courted the attention.

Jeez.... How could ye trust him after this? Poor Aoife. What a crappy thing to do. He appears to be very fond of himself. He wokeness annoys the piss out if me.

Reactions: 5
Few things about this sounding very fishy now... Obviously she's not gone to the guards. Why? My housemate worked for Spin back in the day as a Spinny around McDermott's time and pointed out a few big lies. Girl says he bragged about knowing Niall Horan to impress her. But sure he only met Niall after he moved to London for radio and this was a year earlier, so they had never even met. So that's bollocks. She just made that up. Housemate also sent us the screenshot below where someone asked girl how she got into Workmans if she didn't have a fake ID... she said something about McDermott flashing his work ID and the doormen turning a blind eye. Which sounds like shite anyway but housemate says there were literally no such thing as Spin ID's. None. Not a card, laminate, nothing. So that's also bollocks. She also tweeted that she wouldn't get justice cause his Dad is a high-powered Garda. Housemate says McDermott used to have his Dad on the radio show for some tit feature and he was a retired teacher, so that's bollocks too - fake excuse for not going to the Gardai. She tweeted he fled the country. He was in Marlay park the other week sure. So that's four lies there - and that's just the ones anyone can pick up without a question being asked of her. Fishy.

I don't, nor does anyone else, need to delve into the details. There was a post online. Stuff has happened since. The middling interim is none of our concern

I was raped. I went to the gardaí. I did all that I thought was right at the time, even though I may have been on autopilot a bit. Yet I was lied to, threatened, and forced to submit a factually incorrect statement by the gardaí.

So I don't blame the girl. Right or wrong.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.