Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a pity to see all these "new members" to the thread whose only contribution is to question the victims. Not an ounce of empathy shown, it's very telling. I'm wondering if some of you have read the experiences that have been shared here and have picked up on the tone that's been set throughout.

Fair enough but more people need to kick up a fuss the way they've being dealt with by the Gardai.
Ah sure you've the answers to it all. Here, victims, just kick up a fuss! Problem solved. Would you ever.............

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It's a pity to see all these "new members" to the thread whose only contribution is to question the victims. Not an ounce of empathy shown, it's very telling. I'm wondering if some of you have read the experiences that have been shared here and have picked up on the tone that's been set throughout.

Ah sure you've the answers to it all. Here, victims, just kick up a fuss! Problem solved. Would you ever.............
I do believe the victims on this thread who have stated they have being raped. Get off your high horse If your suggesting I think otherwise.

Given the way the Gardai have handled many Rape cases in this country, Yes I do believe that more people need to kick up a fuss about the corruption that is endemic within the Gardai when It comes to covering up Sexual abuse against children.

Its gone very quiet, I'd imagine that there is no end of social media cleansing being undertaken at montrose. Have a feeling this is going to go dead calm for a number of months now. Maybe a random spotting here and there. The press are not persuing it either which makes me wonder could it be like the adam johnson scenario where he went along as if everything was normal right up until the court case when it only became public knowledge then.

Reactions: 5
Its gone very quiet, I'd imagine that there is no end of social media cleansing being undertaken at montrose. Have a feeling this is going to go dead calm for a number of months now. Maybe a random spotting here and there. The press are not persuing it either which makes me wonder could it be like the adam johnson scenario where he went along as if everything was normal right up until the court case when it only became public knowledge then.
RTE is an absolute bleeping sewerpit, the best thing that could happen to that rotten organization and for Irish society would be to let It go bust. The same goes for a wide section of the Mainstream Media in Ireland who for the most part spout the same views as RTE.

It took Gemma O'Doherty (yes she spouts many crackpot theories) to expose that serial Paedophile, John McClean because the disgusting mainstream Media/RTE wouldn't expose him because in many cases they associated in the same chummy Rugby circles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
The fact that every single news website that has published this story has disabled the comments says it all. There's some sort of media moratorium happening where every journalist in Ireland has heard these rumours but is unable to publish unsubstantiated allegations while some sort of investigation takes place. Defamatory laws in Ireland are really strict around this kind of stuff and you can't touch with a bargepole for fear of being sued.

Reactions: 14
The fact that every single news website that has published this story has disabled the comments says it all. There's some sort of media moratorium happening where every journalist in Ireland has heard these rumours but is unable to publish unsubstantiated allegations while some sort of investigation takes place. Defamatory laws in Ireland are really strict around this kind of stuff and you can't touch with a bargepole for fear of being sued.
Gemma O'Doherty named John McClean in March 2018 in an article in The Village regarding sexual abuse allegations that were true. https://villagemagazine.ie/come-clean-john-mcclean/

Reactions: 2
Can I just say as a nurse who worked in a sexual assualt treatment unit I hear the heart break in every one of your stories. When you write its like you don't want to stop and just want your story told. Well done to all for sharing and I stand with you all ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Yes totally agree, at this stage let's face it Eoghan isn't going to comment and has obviously being advised & now decided to go completely under the radar.

As other posters have pointed out this story hasn't went mainstream, our parents generation and even younger aren't aware of these allegations. If Eoghan commented then automatically his reputation is publicly tarred ("Eoghan McDermott denies allegations") and if there is no court cases then it is worth him pulling away from public life until he advised it is feasible for him to return.

The media cycle moves so quick, take Gordon Elliott as an example - this time last week he was the most hated man in Ireland and now he is not in the news agenda. Yes this is an entirely different example but what I am trying to say is if Eoghan makes a return say middle of next year into showbiz then there is nothing stopping him. This obviously depends on whether anything will be investigated and I am hoping he will somehow be brought to justice. He could do a small new project in the UK / Australia to test the waters and I could see this happening.

What a pity we live in a country where all the odds are stacked up against victims where the system is made as difficult as possible for them 1. to come forward in the first place 2. get to the place where there is enough 'evidence' to start an investigation and 3. go through formal court proceedings. There are lots more than these three but as so many others have said so eloquently it is just so, so tough for victims.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
RTE is an absolute bleeping sewerpit, the best thing that could happen to that rotten organization and for Irish society would be to let It go bust. The same goes for a wide section of the Mainstream Media in Ireland who for the most part spout the same views as RTE.

It took Gemma O'Doherty (yes she spouts many crackpot theories) to expose that serial Paedophile, John McClean because the disgusting mainstream Media/RTE wouldn't expose him because in many cases they associated in the same chummy Rugby circles.

I think that's the worst thing about the way Gemmaroid turned out, because she was a half decent journalist and did a great doc on the Mary Boyle disappearance.

It's such a shame she's gone to the dogs

Reactions: 10
Have you made a complaint to GSOC about the Local Sargeant who firstly lied and then dealt with yourself in a very unprofessional manner?
It’s something I have considered and not ruled out. I struggle with my mental health and worry about the impact of the process on my well-being.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Could there be some sort of media ban on Eoghan? Taken out of his solicitor? Mermaida Jade has said she said his name on Instagram and it wouldn’t allow her to say it?

Reactions: 3
Could there be some sort of media ban on Eoghan? Taken out of his solicitor? Mermaida Jade has said she said his name on Instagram and it wouldn’t allow her to say it?
How does she mean it wouldn’t allow her to say it?

I was thinking the same, very strange.

She was talking about a podcast she was recording where they would be talking about him and when she said his name, Instagram flagged it and told her she couldn’t say it!!!!!

Do you think its more to do with allowing the legal process take its course so he can't claim it was a trial by media? There's only so much they can allude to in an article but those comments sections are a pure free for all when something like this comes to light. I'm not saying they're right to shield him but maybe it would be in the best interests of the victim/victims when it does get to court that they're not allowing people to slate him now in order to keep the jury impartial. Just a thought.
One side note I'm shocked by how many have experienced sexual assault on this page. Absolutely floored. Some posts are harrowing. No one should have had that happen or be made feel like they wouldn't be believed.

Reactions: 16
Do you think its more to do with allowing the legal process take its course so he can't claim it was a trial by media? There's only so much they can allude to in an article but those comments sections are a pure free for all when something like this comes to light. I'm not saying they're right to shield him but maybe it would be in the best interests of the victim/victims when it does get to court that they're not allowing people to slate him now in order to keep the jury impartial. Just a thought.
One side note I'm shocked by how many have experienced sexual assault on this page. Absolutely floored. Some posts are harrowing. No one should have had that happen or be made feel like they wouldn't be believed.
I so hope That's why there is silence in the media about it so his victim/s have some hope of getting justice.

Are you really shocked though? Sadly, I'm not at all shocked to see so many stories of experiences from so many. As I said in an earlier post here I don't know any woman who hasn't experienced sexual harassment or assault in some way. From "casual" day to day catcalling, inappropriate comments, aggressive chatting up from men, online stalking/harassment, groping to violent sexual assault and rape. Men are never not at it and society let's them. Boys will be boys and the onus is on women to protect ourselves and not drink too much or go anywhere alone at night or not wear short bleeping skirts 🙄 it's such bullshit and I don't see much change. The #metoo movement has certainly helped people come forward and tell their stories but men are still at it. Always.

Reactions: 19
I so hope That's why there is silence in the media about it so his victim/s have some hope of getting justice.

Are you really shocked though? Sadly, I'm not at all shocked to see so many stories of experiences from so many. As I said in an earlier post here I don't know any woman who hasn't experienced sexual harassment or assault in some way. From "casual" day to day catcalling, inappropriate comments, aggressive chatting up from men, online stalking/harassment, groping to violent sexual assault and rape. Men are never not at it and society let's them. Boys will be boys and the onus is on women to protect ourselves and not drink too much or go anywhere alone at night or not wear short bleeping skirts 🙄 it's such bullshit and I don't see much change. The #metoo movement has certainly helped people come forward and tell their stories but men are still at it. Always.

As much as it's a nice thought that the media aren't having a field day with this because they're trying to protect the victim and ensure a possible fair trial etc... I'm afraid this couldn't be further from the truth. Its about ensuring they don't get sued basically

• Sad
Reactions: 6
His girlfriend isn’t following him on Instagram anymore, he still follows her though

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.