Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just saw this...
It’s really hard to tell on Twitter because he’s got like 80K followers and it doesn’t let you just search someone’s name . Same if you go to see who Doireann follows, you’d have to go through the 900 people she follows to see if she actually follows him .

I’ve literally composed and erased a comment about something that happened me about 10 times since I saw this thread but I’m scared of giving away my identity. But I had a sinister experience with an Irish musician a few years ago and still feel really uncomfortable about it today. I really don’t want to give details because I’m scared anyone reading who knows this who knows me will know that this is my account. Sorry if this to come across like I’m baiting or anything, I just wanted to say that these creeps are obviously common enough in the Irish entertainment industry.
It doesn’t come across as baiting and I’m so sorry this has happened to you and we hear you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Have rte even said that he has left? I haven’t seen anything official about him leaving, very suspicious for him just to disappear without any statement

Reactions: 1
Louise Mc Sharry will be on air now at 9. I would say it's killing her not to be able to talk about it

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve literally composed and erased a comment about something that happened me about 10 times since I saw this thread but I’m scared of giving away my identity. But I had a sinister experience with an Irish musician a few years ago and still feel really uncomfortable about it today. I really don’t want to give details because I’m scared anyone reading who knows this who knows me will know that this is my account. Sorry if this to come across like I’m baiting or anything, I just wanted to say that these creeps are obviously common enough in the Irish entertainment industry.
You are so brave to even put it in writing. I hope you are being supported. We hear and believe you.

To people questioning time of coming forward go and listen to the accounts of survivors this week of the horrific abuse from that priest in Belvedere college. 45 years on and some still haven’t come forward.

Not having a go but if history can teach us anything it’s that to question the time scale is the biggest insult and reason for others to shrink back into silence.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Can you imagine. I hope she’s just left alone this will be horrific for her
I cant imagine she didn't know something was going on though, as others have stated there have been rumblings about him for a long time. Also if he acts like that in videos posted on twitter (that were broadcasted initially) and also from anecdotes here - he wouldnt shy away from acting like that in front of her. We all know someone with a horrible partner like that, often times the person will make excuses for them or laugh it off but they know its not right.

Also she was very happy to be included in so many articles, photos and interviews with him - the whole country knew about them whether they wanted to or not. If you're happy for press coverage (and all the good stuff that goes with that) when all is good, be prepared for it when things are bad - thats just the way it is. She cant turn it off now.

Please note I am in no way saying she is complicit in anything at all or knew about that particular allegation - just pointing out that she invited press coverage before so she will be included in reports etc now.

Reactions: 4
I cant imagine she didn't know something was going on though, as others have stated there have been rumblings about him for a long time. Also if he acts like that in videos posted on twitter (that were broadcasted initially) and also from anecdotes here - he wouldnt shy away from acting like that in front of her. We all know someone with a horrible partner like that, often times the person will make excuses for them or laugh it off but they know its not right.

Also she was very happy to be included in so many articles, photos and interviews with him - the whole country knew about them whether they wanted to or not. If you're happy for press coverage (and all the good stuff that goes with that) when all is good, be prepared for it when things are bad - thats just the way it is. She cant turn it off now.

Please note I am in no way saying she is complicit in anything at all or knew about that particular allegation - just pointing out that she invited press coverage before so she will be included in reports etc now.
The first I heard of this was 3 days ago. I never heard any rumblings. Not everyone knew years ago.
This reminds me of Homer Simpson when he was accused of feeling up the babysitter when he was drooling over a sweet stuck to her. Every interaction and interview he did was analysed and changed to suit the agenda.
By putting the original incident on reddit, it has opened up the floodgates for speculation, and will probably prevent a fair trial.
If the victim was told by the guards that she wouldn't be believed, I think she should have gone to the ombudsman, not the General public, who love to see successful people fall.

Reactions: 10
What does that even mean? Would you feel less sorry for her if she worked in McDonalds or Tesco? I find this attitude in Ireland so bizarre.
Doctors can be high profile jobs in small communities, and if you’re from a small area like I am everyone knows who the local doctors are. I’d imagine if you worked in McDonalds you could at least maintain a bit of anonymity.

Reactions: 10
Doctors can be high profile jobs in small communities, and if you’re from a small area like I am everyone knows who the local doctors are. I’d imagine if you worked in McDonalds you could at least maintain a bit of anonymity.
Its also a job of huge responsibility and face to face personal and private communication. A lot of doctor patients relationships revolve around trust -if it’s maybe someone seeking help for a mental health or family issue

whether we like to admit it or not if a family member /partner /husband /sister etc commits a high profile crime people judge and speculate and would possibly loose trust and confidence with someone like a doctor they have a personal private relationship with if they thought their partner was grooming young girls ?

Reactions: 14
I was assaulted by an Irish musician back in 2014 in NI. I never reported them as I thought no one would believe me, I was 22 he was 44.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I was assaulted by an Irish musician back in 2014 in NI. I never reported them as I thought no one would believe me, I was 22 he was 44.
I’m so sorry that you went through this, it sadly seems there are far more victims than are ever reported. I believe you

Reactions: 2
I see ‘opinion on everything, expert at nothing ‘ Stefanie ‘will do anything to build my following’ presiner is on RTÉ radio 1 this morning talking about cancel culture.. the irony

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.