Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve literally composed and erased a comment about something that happened me about 10 times since I saw this thread but I’m scared of giving away my identity. But I had a sinister experience with an Irish musician a few years ago and still feel really uncomfortable about it today. I really don’t want to give details because I’m scared anyone reading who knows this who knows me will know that this is my account. Sorry if this to come across like I’m baiting or anything, I just wanted to say that these creeps are obviously common enough in the Irish entertainment industry.

Im sorry this happened you. There are so many bad people out there. I hope you are ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I was raped 22 years ago by someone I was seeing. I’ve never told anyone, other than this which is still anonymous, and I probably never will. I don’t know whether it’s because of this but I always always believe the woman/man that they were attacked. I believe that the vast majority of people who make these accusations are telling the truth and I see that the courts system let them down.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I was raped 22 years ago by someone I was seeing. I’ve never told anyone, other than this which is still anonymous, and I probably never will. I don’t know whether it’s because of this but I always always believe the woman/man that they were attacked. I believe that the vast majority of people who make these accusations are telling the truth and I see that the courts system let them down.
i am sorry and i believe you. I always believe people too, I get it. x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Abusers get away with everything here.

Eoin grabbed me. Other celebs grabbed me. Two colleagues in work grabbed me.

Drama queen. Over reacting. Boys will be boys.

Ex raped me for the last year of our relationship. He wouldn't let me leave. Told me he'd kill me. I'd love to go to court. Broke up 4 years ago. I know duck all would happen so I never went to gardai.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Yes was wondering if he’s a cheater, how long is he with his girlfriend? Didn’t they get a houses about two years ago, I remember it being featured on celebrity home of the year on RTE.
Yes I only know this guy because of it - never heard of him before that but I watched this cos I wanted a nose at Lorraine Keane and Mellisa Hill’s houses and I only remember him as the fella being miffed afterwards cos his place didn’t win it. 🙄

Reactions: 4
Yes partner is a doctor. The claims I read are from 10 years ago. He was 28 and the girl was 16 😳

He was so into feminism etc. If the claims are true, do you think he forgot what had happened /didn't realise it was abuse/ didn't think it would ever come out?

His sister Roe Mc Derrmott is a massive feminist too.
Bet Doireann is secretly delighted 😳
Why would she be delighted

Reactions: 3
Not about Eoghan McDermott but years ago when I was a teenager I text in to a radio show. I’m pretty sure I said the DJ in question was cute or similar. He ended up texting me off his own phone later that day and sending in appropriate messages. At the time I thought it was great getting attention from this radio DJ and didn’t see the problem. ( I was about 15 at the time). The texts got too much even for stupid teenage me and i stopped replying. That Radio DJ is still on air today and I keep checking to see if anyone has said anything about him. I won’t name him as I don’t have proof. I’m just wondering now is this common in Radio DJ culture.
I'm probably 100% sure I know who that is, He is known for it & was sacked from 1 certain radio station for it....

Reactions: 3
I think he’s trying to get it in there that he had no idea. When Al Porter was subject to allegations, a lot of people in the industry came out and said about time, it’s no surprise to us.. yada yada. They didn’t come off looking great because if you knew all along, then why not speak up and say something? So in a sense I guess Keith is trying to distance himself from knowing anything or having heard anything, and suggesting that they were all taken in by this charming young man who seemed to be a great supporter of many plights. Groomers often groom not just their victim but everyone around them.. Not comparing like with like but think of Michael Jackson or Saville, and how they got away with what they did for years. Everyone was taken in. Again, not comparing Eoghan to either of them but more making the point that the charming veneer of a groomer is often very superficial
Was he not cleared of all allegations

Was he not cleared of all allegations
Al? Yes he was cleared and nothing ever came of any of it. His career never recovered though, and rightly so. He somewhat admitted to the alleged assaults he just put it down to being a “flamboyant gay”. I know a lot of people in the gay community were pissed off with him for saying that, as being an opportunistic handsy groper is a stereotypical characteristic the community has been trying to distance themselves from for years.

Reactions: 8
Al? Yes he was cleared and nothing ever came of any of it. His career never recovered though, and rightly so. He somewhat admitted to the alleged assaults he just put it down to being a “flamboyant gay”. I know a lot of people in the gay community were pissed off with him for saying that, as being an opportunistic handsy groper is a stereotypical characteristic the community has been trying to distance themselves from for years.
It’s quite literally what Kevin Spacey pulled aswell

Reactions: 2
I’m not at all shocked to hear about this, I use to live in the estate he is from and he had a crazy temper even in his late teens , I was at a few house parties with him and I’ve personally seen him loose his head in anger a few times for little or no reason . I was shocked when he became someone in the public eye and I believe these women wholeheartedly. He’s a coward so again not shocked he’s taken a vow of silence. Snake

Agree, no need for that! I have never been abused and I don’t know anyone that has been thankfully. I don’t understand and the ins and outs and I would think “yes 11 years ago ago, why now?” No need for name calling
It’s a very common reaction of a sexual abuse victim to bury an assault inside them for various reasons such as shock, shame and exposing yourself as a victim of the most horrific violation you can suffer and not being believed and being branded as a liar and as a “slut”. Most women die without telling a soul and the men go on to abuse more women which is what needs to change. I speak from experience it’s stomach churning I have shivers even thinking of these poor women. Both parties deserve their say but seen as one party has vanished I think I know who is telling the truth. These women have nothing to gain from this who the duck is Eoghan McDermot really!! Hardly someone you’d risk your sanity to bring to justice for no reason please people don’t be so stupid it’s embarrassing

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.