Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Carl Mullan will replace Eoghan on the Breakfast show with Doireann, at least temporarily. There’s no way she can carry it herself!

Reactions: 23
Yes partner is a doctor. The claims I read are from 10 years ago. He was 28 and the girl was 16 😳

He was so into feminism etc. If the claims are true, do you think he forgot what had happened /didn't realise it was abuse/ didn't think it would ever come out?

His sister Roe Mc Derrmott is a massive feminist too.
Bet Doireann is secretly delighted 😳
I don’t think so, I think it’s more like “those who are the most guilty shout the loudest” kinda thing. Like positioning himself as some moral pillar who hates ppl like Harvey Weinstein so much so nobody would suspect him.
I just read the Reddit post, it’s so detailed I believe her.

Reactions: 20
I don’t think so, I think it’s more like “those who are the most guilty shout the loudest” kinda thing. Like positioning himself as some moral pillar who hates ppl like Harvey Weinstein so much so nobody would suspect him.
I just read the Reddit post, it’s so detailed I believe her.
I think so too. It’s almost like he was cocooning himself with the woke topics de jour as a way of feeling bullet proof, and maybe intimidating his victims? Like if it was me I would think what is the point in coming forward, he seems to be loved and adored and a champion of all these plights, why would anyone believe me? It’s quite manipulative and shrewd. Like he was often wheeled out in the media as a spokesperson on righteousness whenever someone somewhere was caught doing something unsightly. He had an opinion on everything and could be very pontificating and patronising. I see now it could all have been a massive smoke screen

• Wow
Reactions: 36
I think so too. It’s almost like he was cocooning himself with the woke topics de jour as a way of feeling bullet proof, and maybe intimidating his victims? Like if it was me I would think what is the point in coming forward, he seems to be loved and adored and a champion of all these plights, why would anyone believe me? It’s quite manipulative and shrewd. Like he was often wheeled out in the media as a spokesperson on righteousness whenever someone somewhere was caught doing something unsightly. He had an opinion on everything and could be very pontificating and patronising. I see now it could all have been a massive smoke screen
Very well said! I just wonder why he would stick his neck out so much on these issues given what he is alleged to have done. Did he think he was untouchable and nobody would believe her, or did he simply see no issue with what he had done?

Reactions: 5
Been waiting all day for this thread to start! Terrible for the poor girl. Can’t believe how he carries on with all his moral high ground and holier than thou attitude if this is his real personality. He’s so offensive in every way. Doireann can get to duck as well. She gives me a pain in the bajingo that one. God help us if they decide to give that weapon zamparelli extra air time tho 😬

Reactions: 23
I'd say Jennifer and Lottie would love to get talking about this on celeb news 😳

I hadn't thought about how he was/is the only male voice on 2fm all day. That's mad!

Reactions: 6
Very strange that he hasn’t even came out and made a statement about leaving 2fm.. thank the listeners etc

Reactions: 4
did you see this 2017 reply to the tweet??
That speaks for itself.... it was completely just a smoke screen for him - thinking he was invincible.... I dont wish ill on him but there needs to be a criminal investigation & public apology- he ruined that girls life. ... And his poor girlfriends now too.

Reactions: 9
Oooh how the mighly have fallen🙈🙈The post on Reddit is SO detailed it does seem credible..however IF none of this is true its shocking how his name is being tarnished...

Reactions: 10
Hopefully they give it to Chris and Ciara from the weekend. They are a brilliant combination

Reactions: 11
Hopefully they give it to Chris and Ciara from the weekend. They are a brilliant combination

I cannot STAND how often they say each others names. They would be grand otherwise, its daft inane stuff they broadcast but good god, the names. Maybe I need to be reminded because I'm losing brain cells listening to them that their names are Chris & Ciara.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I cannot STAND how often they say each others names. They would be grand otherwise, its daft inane stuff they broadcast but good god, the names. Maybe I need to be reminded because I'm losing brain cells listening to them that their names are Chris & Ciara.
Now that you've said it is all I will ever hear.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m sorry now............ actually I’m not! I don’t think reddit is a place for anyone to tell their story like this one, it’s a way to stir it up publicly. Go to the guards, the court....... follow the system!

Reactions: 35
I’m sorry now............ actually I’m not! I don’t think reddit is a place for anyone to tell their story like this one, it’s a way to stir it up publicly. Go to the guards, the court....... follow the system!
[/QUOTE
I don’t know but maybe this girl wasn’t been heard. Must be fairly sickening if this did happen and you’re listening to him being oh so mighty on women’s abuse and the me too movement.

Reactions: 4
I agree however, following the system can be extremely daunting for a young person even years later when the abuser is established and 'famous' so this, coupled with others having similar experiences could give the victim the strength to follow the system.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.