English Channel migrant crossing crisis #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Asylum was granted for that one person, not for their their entire family to come over and join them.
Ah yes, splitting up families and leaving people isolated from their support systems famously causes absolutely no issues in society.

Reactions: 2
Ah yes, splitting up families and leaving people isolated from their support systems famously causes absolutely no issues in society.
Won’t be surprised if it’s the same people who cry about women and children who are criticising family reunification too

Granting asylum to one person should not be a green light for partners, children and the rest of the extended family to come over.

This is why the country is becoming overwhelmed. Granting asylum to one person isn't just that, it opens the doors to many more whom haven't applied for asylum but have a current right because of that one person who has.

I'll never expect to agree and quite honest I'm not bothered.

The fact of the matter is there are far more people cheering today's long overdue announcement than are against it.

You should be able to live your life with some certainty that what you're doing isn't going to suddenly become illegal and you'll be penalised for it. Whatever your views on asylum are, and I expect you to reply to me with "they're arriving illegally" (even when it has been judged that this is not the case where the intention is to seek asylum), this is just basic legal stuff
If it was down to you many millions would be allowed to come here just because you believe it is 'the right thing to do'.

Zero consideration for the various knock on effects of doing so. Pressures on Housing, schools, the NHS, public services and the enormous costs that would be burdened upon those that do pay their taxes.

Again, the fact of the matter is the UK CANNOT help and support the entire world's 'hard luck cases'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
If it was down to you many millions would be allowed to come here just because you believe it is 'the right thing to do'.
I think if you read I have argued that the asylum system should be functional and safe passage should be granted i.e by processing claims from safe countries

Everything else is broken because the government does nothing about it. Removing asylum seekers, refugees, immigrants and the like won’t change that public services are underfunded

It speaks volumes that instead of blaming the cause of the problem we are encouraged to pass the blame to other people

Reactions: 4
I think if you read I have argued that the asylum system should be functional and safe passage should be granted i.e by processing claims from safe countries

Everything else is broken because the government does nothing about it. Removing asylum seekers, refugees, immigrants and the like won’t change that public services are underfunded

It speaks volumes that instead of blaming the cause of the problem we are encouraged to pass the blame to other people
I'm not saying the Government has been wonderful on this issue.

However as we've seen, attempts to remove people from the country is met by resistance from some.

What about the Jamaican national who was due to be deported but stopped by the same bunch of blinkered do-gooders from being so. Then went on to murder someone.

Various attempts at removing people have been thwarted by the same group of people. Those people that interfere with the removal process should be arrested and charged for doing so. Had he of been removed when he was due to, that murder could have been prevented.

There is a good reason why many people should be removed. Those individuals that interfere should not be allowed to frustrate that process just because they don't happen to agree with it.

Reactions: 6
I wonder can victims of failed asylum seekers that go on to commit crimes claim off the HO ?

Granting asylum to one person should not be a green light for partners, children and the rest of the extended family to come over.

Why shouldn't spouses and children come over? And the family reunification visa only applies to spouses, partners and children under 18, not extended family.

This is why the country is becoming overwhelmed. Granting asylum to one person isn't just that, it opens the doors to many more whom haven't applied for asylum but have a current right because of that one person who has.
They still go through a visa application process, they're not just waived through.

Reactions: 1
What about the Jamaican national who was due to be deported but stopped by the same bunch of blinkered do-gooders from being so. Then went on to murder someone.
What happened there is that there was a legal challenge, which never played out because of the arrest, which prevented the deportation. Public support likely had a very minimal impact on that since his lawyer, working in the interest of his client as one should, thought he had a good case - otherwise they would have refused it

Your problem there seems to be with the legal processes

Additionally, as we have explored here a bit before. The government is pretty useless at deporting people themselves
---

They also still haven’t published the plans

Last edited:
Just a couple of questions that probably need to be answered before people start celebrating today's announcement:
  1. Where are people arriving by boat going to be detained?
  2. Where are they going to be deported?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’d love to know where they’re going to house those in hotels, never mind detainees.

You keep typing out the same Guardian articles, I just save myself time by posting the actual article instead of copying someone else’s 😂 I do know the difference in asylum seekers, migrants, and especially freeloaders..thank you very much 😅
In which case I'm sure you'll have plenty of examples of the articles from The Guardian that I have plagiarised. No need to go mad. Just one from say the last month will do.

In which case I'm sure you'll have plenty of examples of the articles from The Guardian that I have plagiarised. No need to go mad. Just one from say the last month will do.
I’m sure you’d know what ones took your fancy without me having to re upload them.

• Haha
I'm not saying the Government has been wonderful on this issue.

However as we've seen, attempts to remove people from the country is met by resistance from some.

Various attempts at removing people have been thwarted by the same group of people. Those people that interfere with the removal process should be arrested and charged for doing so. Had he of been removed when he was due to, that murder could have been prevented.

There is a good reason why many people should be removed. Those individuals that interfere should not be allowed to frustrate that process just because they don't happen to agree with it.
Are you saying lawyers should be arrested and charged for representing him?
If not, who are you referring to?
---
Just a couple of questions that probably need to be answered before people start celebrating today's announcement:
  1. Where are people arriving by boat going to be detained?
  2. Where are they going to be deported?
Both excellent questions. Me thinks we'll be doing more than pushing the boundaries of international law.

Why shouldn't spouses and children come over? And the family reunification visa only applies to spouses, partners and children under 18, not extended family.

They still go through a visa application process, they're not just waived through.
So there are safe routes?
---
---

Both excellent questions. Me thinks we'll be doing more than pushing the boundaries of international law.
Do they care about international law??

That's an excellent question too although actually I am reasonably confident that's exactly what they mean. Can't have the law getting in the way of the government doing whatever it wants. Then again they also believe the Uk is being asked to take the "entire world's 'hard luck cases'".

Maybe it’s the lawyers the gov accused of making a killing in fees 🤔
Seems there’s lots of different people out to exploit so not a bad thing checks are being made.
---
I can’t believe anyone ,legal eagle or not would want dangerous criminals kept in the country when their claims for asylum have been rejected elsewhere.

Last edited:
That's an excellent question too although actually I am reasonably confident that's exactly what they mean. Can't have the law getting in the way of the government doing whatever it wants. Then again they also believe the Uk is being asked to take the "entire world's 'hard luck cases'".
Exactly. Be careful what you wish for.

People fail to realise that refugees don't get support just because we have more sympathy for foreigners than British people, but because we don't want to live under a government that feels it's okay to demonise and bully people with little to no power.

Reactions: 3
The government hold the power they change the law to suit themselves ,the little man doesn’t have much input the millionaires call the shots.
---

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.