English Channel migrant crossing crisis #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The optimist in me hopes this means a safe route will be established rather than just punishing those with limited means of reaching here to claim asylum.
Not a chance. The plan is to only accept refugees that arrive through resettlement schemes or through specific schemes such as those for Ukraine or Afghanistan. If you're in a country that is not covered b y one of these schemes, go somewhere else.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Is she lying? I thought the majority weren’t economic migrants and couldn’t find safe routes.

Is she lying? I thought the majority weren’t economic migrants and couldn’t find safe routes.
Yes, she's lying or to be charitable simply unquestioningly parroting the Tory government talking points which avoid facts and logic knowing that a significant proportion of the UK population will be taken in by it.

Reactions: 3
Are we supposed to believe that people coming to the UK by boat are also coincidentally, overwhelmingly thrillseeking wildwater enthusiasts?

If there was a safe option that didn't require dangerously crossing the channel on a small boat then people would do that.

Reactions: 4
I love that she says they cannot take everybody as if you arrive here, ask for asylum and magically become a refugee. It’s almost like there’s a whole system where your asylum claim can get rejected, it just needs fixing to reduce the backlog

Reactions: 2
Yes, she's lying or to be charitable simply unquestioningly parroting the Tory government talking points which avoid facts and logic knowing that a significant proportion of the UK population will be taken in by it.
What’s the solution to economic freeloaders bleeding the country dry? It’s a pity all have to suffer because of these people.

What’s the solution to economic freeloaders bleeding the country dry? It’s a pity all have to suffer because of these people.
Oh no. I'm not going there with you again.

Oh no. I'm not going there with you again.
What’s the safe route you keep mentioning? Surely even you can see an open door policy is not sustainable, social services are already a joke there has to be something in place to stop the profiteers and help those in genuine need.

I find this funny because there are plenty of British people abusing systems too but the big difference between them and “economic free loaders” is that they are privileged to have been born in Britain 🤐

If this asylum thing ever gets fixed maybe that’s the next group the Tories will blame all their failures on?

I find this funny because there are plenty of British people abusing systems too but the big difference between them and “economic free loaders” is that they are privileged to have been born in Britain 🤐

If this asylum thing ever gets fixed maybe that’s the next group the Tories will blame all their failures on?
So the solution is to keep adding to them 🙄
I’m beginning to think you live in a land of lollipop trees and candy rivers with cotton candy clouds and rainbows always in view where people travel on unicorns 😂
🦄 🌈 🍭

• Haha
Fl-tDPXXwAc4TCb.jpg

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.