English Channel migrant crossing crisis #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe it’s the lawyers the gov accused of making a killing in fees 🤔
Seems there’s lots of different people out to exploit so not a bad thing checks are being made.
---
I can’t believe anyone ,legal eagle or not would want dangerous criminals kept in the country when their claims for asylum have been rejected elsewhere.
The article you have linked is not actually about a lawyer. It's about a fraudster who purported to be a barrister, solicitor and a Home Office official in order to steal money from vulnerable people.

I would like to have an immigration and asylum system that actually works. I am increasingly concerned about living in a country where the government acts as it wishes with complete disregard for constitutional convention, UK law, international law and human rights treaties that we once helped establish.

Reactions: 4
The article you have linked is not actually about a lawyer. It's about a fraudster who purported to be a barrister, solicitor and a Home Office official in order to steal money from vulnerable people.

I would like to have an immigration and asylum system that actually works. I am increasingly concerned about living in a country where the government acts as it wishes with complete disregard for constitutional convention, UK law, international law and human rights treaties that we once helped establish.
I know it is I’m saying there’s people everywhere trying to take advantage that’s why it’s good to have checks,the HO are investigating immigration lawyers.
The other nations are just getting a taste of NI life that’s how we’ve lived for decades, it’s no surprise to anybody here what the British gov are capable of…Welcome to our world 🌎
---
---

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
the HO are investigating immigration lawyers
We discussed this before. It's not because they think that there is fraud going on, it's because they're angry that the lawyers are simply doing their job

Reactions: 2
I know it is I’m saying there’s people everywhere trying to take advantage that’s why it’s good to have checks,the HO are investigating immigration lawyers.
The other nations are just getting a taste of NI life that’s how we’ve lived for decades, it’s no surprise to anybody here what the British gov are capable of…Welcome to our world 🌎
---
The article you shared about the lawyer - they were rightly struck off by the SRA and faced criminal proceedings under existing laws.
The legal profession is tightly regulated across all sectors (rightly so) and bad seeds are identified and punished.
Not exactly a reason to pass draconian laws "pushing the boundaries" of international law and denying people access to justice.
---
We discussed this before. It's not because they think that there is fraud going on, it's because they're angry that the lawyers are simply doing their job
Those bloody leftie lawyers trying to uphold the law. Whatever next.

The talk about the Home Office investigating immigration lawyers is the usual dog whistle baloney thrown to the rabid mob. Robert Jenrick actually said that "When considering representations (re. immigration cases), the Home Office ensures that firms raising such immigration matters have the correct regulatory credentials. If evidence exists that obligations have been breached, we may refer the firm to regulators.'

There is no 'crack down', there is no 'investigation'. The Law Society reports that "there have been no reports of any misconduct in relation to advice of asylum seekers arriving on small boats, and the Solicitors Regulation Authority is not understood to be prosecuting any individuals".

It's just part of the government narrative that's being built up as a platform for the next election.

Reactions: 3
Interestingly one of the MPs today asked whether the Government was simply setting the stage to start the anger about the ECHR and withdrawing from it so they could capitalise on it for the election

Reactions: 4
The article you shared about the lawyer - they were rightly struck off by the SRA and faced criminal proceedings under existing laws.
The legal profession is tightly regulated across all sectors (rightly so) and bad seeds are identified and punished.
Not exactly a reason to pass draconian laws "pushing the boundaries" of international law and denying people access to justice.
---

Those bloody leftie lawyers trying to uphold the law. Whatever next.
So what happens now with the new Bill? they can’t interfere? even though the same law applies.
---
That article basically says there's no evidence of wrongdoing and its just an attempt to intimidate the sector.
Well it was written in the law gazette 😂

The Guardian has a live thread covering the recent press conference by Rishi on this and a lot of different responses from charities/orgs and MPs. This includes Nigel Farage who said that the only way this can be fixed is by withdrawing from the ECHR
---
So what happens now with the new Bill? they can’t interfere?
What do you mean they can't interfere?

It basically admits that they expect it to fail HRA-based challenges

Last edited:
  • Wow
Interestingly one of the MPs today asked whether the Government was simply setting the stage to start the anger about the ECHR and withdrawing from it so they could capitalise on it for the election
I caught that. After seeing the leaked WhatsApp messages where Hancock said he wanted to use the COVID variant to make us scared and compliant, I can see little good coming from giving this government more unchecked power.

They've proved that they'll use social issues to further weigh down on our rights. And I was in favour of the lockdowns so I'm not even coming from a conspiracy mindset.

The plan is to conflate 'leftie lawyers' and Starmer (who was a lawyer) as the 'enemy of the people'. Braverman even called Starmer "the biggest activist lawyer there is" in parliament today. It's transparent.

Who did the HO dispute the ages with? And did they have legal representation from immigration solicitors?
---
Starmer= red conservative lol

And did they have legal representation from immigration solicitors?
Haven't had much experience with this so cannot go into much detail, have had contact with some who claim(ed) to be minors:
They will normally have a lawyer if they try to 'correct' their age (i.e say they are minor). However, from what I have seen there is normally a point at which the lawyer cannot do much because whoever is in charge of the age assessments will ask for documents or some sort of proof. There's also extra tests that they can do from what I understand but I have seen cases dropped because the people supporting the claimant don't think that there's a good chance of them being assessed as a minor

Haven't had much experience with this so cannot go into much detail, have had contact with some who claim(ed) to be minors:
They will normally have a lawyer if they try to 'correct' their age (i.e say they are minor). However, from what I have seen there is normally a point at which the lawyer cannot do much because whoever is in charge of the age assessments will ask for documents or some sort of proof. There's also extra tests that they can do from what I understand but I have seen cases dropped because the people supporting the claimant don't think that there's a good chance of them being assessed as a minor
Clearly in that case it’s very evident he’s not 15 , the kids were able to find his SM you’d wonder why a lawyer/ official couldn’t when they would have more backround on him than a class full of kids.

Who did the HO dispute the ages with? And did they have legal representation from immigration solicitors?
---
Starmer= red conservative lol
Are you saying incidents like that are the fault of lawyers and not the Home Office officials?

the kids were able to find his SM you’d wonder why a lawyer/ official couldn’t.
Having read the article briefly the problem there is that he was assessed to be a minor when he arrived. Nothing to do with lawyers claiming he was a mis-aged minor

Clearly in that case it’s very evident he’s not 15 , the kids were able to find his SM you’d wonder why a lawyer/ official couldn’t when they would have more backround on him than a class full of kids.
It's almost like these scary stories help the Home Office hype up hysteria so that people are practically begging to have our human rights stripped away... oh, wait....
I'll put my tinfoil hat away
---
Having read the article briefly the problem there is that he was assessed to be a minor when he arrived. Nothing to do with lawyers claiming he was a mis-aged minor
I think Monga is good at googling catchy headlines but not so much reading the articles 🙈

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
It's almost like these scary stories help the Home Office hype up hysteria so that people are practically begging to have our human rights stripped away... oh, wait....
Anyway isn't that case 5 years old? Government has changed the rules on age assessments since then. We've previously covered the fact that the numbers of age errors are minimal. Still I suppose it's time that bogeyman got another airing.

Live news saying 5 boat loads already this morning. No doubt they and the smugglers will be hearing the latest from Gov and making a last dash.
Does anyone know the comparable figures of how many immigrants coming to the UK on boats get picked up, compared to how many are able to enter the UK completely unnoticed?

Cos my immediate thought was, how many boats are able to land and offload passengers un noticed? This policy has a danger that the smugglers will just take even more risks with peoples lives, to land them out of sight of the authorities?

---

I think Monga is good at googling catchy headlines but not so much reading the articles 🙈
It said the HO challenged minor cases I asked are lawyers involved in these 🥴 61 % were found to be adults.
https://news.sky.com/story/asylum-seeker-who-claimed-to-be-15-and-joined-school-is-an-adult-11561810Asylum seeker removed from school is an adult

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.