English Channel migrant crossing crisis #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nonsense politician. How stupid to say you "understand" the reasons which led to people acting violently? No politician should be subtly or explicitly endorsing such actions.

Exceptionally stupid and dangerous. There is never a reason to condone violence.

Reactions: 2
Really? Looks pretty self explanatory to me and I’m dyslexic!
Yes really, at least in my experience. I work for Citizens Advice and I've had many British clients that needed help to complete forms a lot simpler than this.

Reactions: 5
These are the people that should be getting hotel accommodation not economic freeloaders.

Reactions: 7

---
Gang warfare going on while families are being housed there 🙄 and they expect communities to put up with this shite and keep their mouths closed for fear of stoking tensions.Where did they move them to is the question.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Remarkable that Afghans in Afghanistan deserve our help but the 8,633 Afghans that crossed the Channel in a small boat don't.

Who said they don’t? Unless you’re saying they’re economic freeloaders? …I always thought it was women and children first but it seems young defenceless children are seen as less deserving than young fit men .

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Remarkable that Afghans in Afghanistan deserve our help but the 8,633 Afghans that crossed the Channel in a small boat don't.
They're looked at with pity when they're over there, but looked at with contempt when they're here. Make it make sense.

Only if you’re grouping people the same which the majority or people don’t, it’s seems to be only about 3 people on this thread that can’t see what’s going on , even when immigration lawyers the government and the communities can.

Reactions: 1
They're looked at with pity when they're over there, but looked at with contempt when they're here. Make it make sense.
One can't help wondering who the people (the vast majority women and children) granted family reunion visas are "reuniting' with if it isn't 'single' men who came to the UK separately and successfully applied for asylum.

Reactions: 3
What about those that aren’t granted asylum…or never apply for asylum where do they go and how do they support themselves.

Reactions: 2
I only just started the book but given the introduction I have read and that the author seems to have been referenced plenty by institutions, it may interest some to read My Fourth Time We Drowned by Sally Hayden

It focuses on EU policy towards refugees, specifically those coming from Libya. The author has also posted a lot of the messages she has received on Twitter:

It may also make some of you consider why it's mostly men making these long journeys. Though of course we get plenty of minors too

Last edited:
All the while space is running out to accommodate people, jobs are being lost and communities put under pressure to find healthcare and losing important revenue that support local businesses,it’ll be like Brussels before too long with lines of tents on every road and far right face offs .

One can't help wondering who the people (the vast majority women and children) granted family reunion visas are "reuniting' with if it isn't 'single' men who came to the UK separately and successfully applied for asylum.

A conclusion you'd think people with a grain of common sense would be able to reach with no assistance.

Even in the previous thread, I said it's likely that the men make the dangerous journey alone first (because the UK refuses to provide a safe, legal route) claim asylum then their family follow safely on the reunion visa.

Not rocket science at all.

Also for those who ask why they don't stop in the first safe country, here's a very clear explanation

• Heart
What about the people losing their jobs while the 160,000 claims are processed ? No thought for their families 😕
---
Why are the government asking why they travelled through other countries to the UK if its perfectly legal to do so
https://news.sky.com/story/what-is-...-must-fill-out-under-fast-track-plan-12817696What is asked in the 20-day questionnaire asylum seekers must fill out under 'fast-track' plan?

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.