Emmylou MacCarthy #9 Emmylou Loves: Poppin’ pingers with Cheezel fingers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the BTS making of that bizarre llama drama and she confirms it’s American Sign Language and tries to give a reason why but basically all I could gather was that using the sign language of another country just fit in with her whole Native American/Aztec/Inca cultural appropriation vibes. Llamas and the headpieces and the repetition of “tribe” was so yuck and now learning that performative bullshit was also offensive to the deaf community? THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT HAVE FRIENDS. Nobody around to say “oi mate, this whole thing is a bit fucken cooked, don’t ya reckon?!”
Nothing resonates more with a "tribe" of suburban Australian housewives than Aztecs, native Americans, llamas and underwear.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Does Fat Camp finish today? Or does ALove get the kids for third week in a row?
I was going to say credit where credits due to ALove for getting on with things and picking up the pieces of their kids lives when she drops them like a hot potato for her own needs/wants. He’s moved on got a job, apartment, stopped going to family nights and just generally done a good job with the kids 👏. Kids need stability and routine and I think he does that well.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
So I’m wondering what kind of tit show crazylou will be performing in the coming week in the lead up to her turning up in Sydney on Thursday for The Australian Influencers Marketers Council award night. How tf did she get to be a finalist in the Best Creator category? Bets on dressed by: ?

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 4
So I’m wondering what kind of tit show crazylou will be performing in the coming week in the lead up to her turning up in Sydney on Thursday for The Australian Influencers Marketers Council award night. How tf did she get to be a finalist in the Best Creator category? Bets on dressed by: ?
Can’t wait to see the too tight, too small outfit she will don!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hopefully she'll be wearing pants of some description!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She is ambassador for AIMC and it consists of a group of nobodies.

Reactions: 7
I mean, she would be stupid to not wear something ZM. But she won’t. And it will be something 2 sizes too small 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I am crying… this video… why EL? What was the vision board for this? Who made the decision to add more llamas? Who was the target audience?
I believe her target audience was EL herself. I'm all for loving yourself, but EL takes it to a whole new level no one asked for.

Reactions: 7
Re. The llama video- What the FUUUCCCK did I just watch?!
I have so many questions that I feel dizzy and nauseous.
I hope one the llamas spat on her in between takes...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This is how I found her too!
then listened to Olivia whites podcast on her. I liked her for about 30 seconds but got turned off when she was exploiting Sage getting upset on his own birthday after he hurt himself and filmed the whole damn thing.
I remember when Olivia was all over her like a fungal rash! She used to join in the chat on EL’s lives. But like many of Loo’s whirlwind friendships, it seemed like it was over as suddenly as it had started. I never heard either of them mention the other one again.

Reactions: 4
Oooh maybe that’s why she’s gone on the last minute fat camp health retreat. Trying to drop more weight before her big night!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've just watched that video and before I say anything else I'll mention that I'm Deaf (total loss of hearing in both ears). I have grown up oral (speaking English as my first language), but I am also fluent in Auslan.

That was not Auslan. Oh boy. I have no idea what that tit-show was. The subtitles didn't match up at all to what she was signing - at least, to any Auslan signs. :sick: I have so much I could say about how offended I am that she's taken sign language and made a mockery of it by pretending to be 'inclusive', when she hasn't done her due diligence and researched/learned/consulted with Deaf people.

If she's trying to market to an audience of Deaf people - I'm sorry, but none of them are going to understand her. She wants to appear woke and educated but she's made a total fool of herself.

(It's probably ASL or something [American Sign Language] because that's used fairly often for rip-off videos and skits but I wouldn't know since, you know, I learn and use the language that will allow me to communicate in Australia, where I live.)
I am not Deaf. Medically my doctor describes me as ‘hearing impaired’, which is not the correct term but it’s the term doctors use. I am a tad below normal in hearing. This could be due to issues with my ears as a kid or chronic ear infections. At one stage they thought I might have a tumour on my ear nerves. A little extreme IMO. But that’s not the case.

I hope I haven’t offended you learning Auslan. I did the three beginner courses for Auslan with The Deaf Society. I also completed a Deaf awareness course.

I waited six months, maybe more to get in Cert 2 in Auslan. For Cert 2 I haven’t paid a dime, the government had paid for my education as it’s a skill that they want more people to learn. I am slow, mix up or forget my signs. I might not fully understand the order of Auslan signs or non manual features (NMF) yet.

I have always wanted to learn sign language but put it in the hard basket. Not to look cool or to show off.

I have learnt and discovered so many great things about sign language.

I watch Sally and Possum to learn more Auslan and Auslan storytime. Things that are designed for kids. No shame from me. I don’t have anyone to practice with.

My problem with Lou and whatever she signed in ASL. She lives in Australia. Most of her fan back is in Australia. Why not learn Auslan?

I believe even Savage garden the Aussie band learnt some Auslan for on of their songs like twenty years ago.

I’m sure she could have found an Auslan trainer or tutor. They advertise all over SM or on Google.

I am beginning to see more sign language in movies and Tv shows. Heck even a chef on YouTube uses an International Sign interpreter to make his recipes more inclusive.

• Heart
So check in Monday depart Sat 1pm. At best it was $1500 and she'd do her own accomodation or if she went with the accomodation it would be $3k. Add that to the Big 4 event that was ONLY $2.5 k for the accomodation, plus wasn't there another week away (just so she could watch netflix on her phone in bed), plus the operation, plus plus, plus. My husband and I have savings and are in our own mortaged home and have three kids and I freak out if a car service costs $700!!! It's not in our budget!!! What am I doing wrong lol!!! This is bizarre!!! The spending!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The self indulgence spending is beyond disgusting when you see how she lets those kids get around like scruffs doesn’t even pay for things like beds or school shoes!

How embarrassing to win! Jules has 749k followers, MrTurner has 21K followers and mattyJ has 332k followers. Our girl has had 120k followers for over 6 months. Jules has been an "influencer" for less time than EmmyLou too. Wouldn't the person with the most followers be more likely to win?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.