Emmylou MacCarthy #9 Emmylou Loves: Poppin’ pingers with Cheezel fingers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As someone who is learning Auslan (Australian Sign Language) and about to jump on for a 6 hour online class. We are told to turn off our mics on Zoom. I cannot imagine sending 6 hours listening to the jewellery clicking. I will give her kudos for wearing black when signing. The colour sign interpreters wear.

Apart from this she hot mess, she has mentioned signing once. I believe it was her stories. So what was the point of signing? I cannot tell you which sign language it is. I’m still a beginner in learning the language.

When I said drama lama in an earlier post, that’s what I call drama. But love how you guys assumed I was talking about a llama. Thank you for bringing this gem up which I totally forgot.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Gosh after catching up on last few days I feel desperately sorry for the children. Today’s world is challenging enough without having stable, reliable support and a loving, safe space to come home too 😢

Reactions: 3
I've just watched that video and before I say anything else I'll mention that I'm Deaf (total loss of hearing in both ears). I have grown up oral (speaking English as my first language), but I am also fluent in Auslan.

That was not Auslan. Oh boy. I have no idea what that tit-show was. The subtitles didn't match up at all to what she was signing - at least, to any Auslan signs. :sick: I have so much I could say about how offended I am that she's taken sign language and made a mockery of it by pretending to be 'inclusive', when she hasn't done her due diligence and researched/learned/consulted with Deaf people.

If she's trying to market to an audience of Deaf people - I'm sorry, but none of them are going to understand her. She wants to appear woke and educated but she's made a total fool of herself.

(It's probably ASL or something [American Sign Language] because that's used fairly often for rip-off videos and skits but I wouldn't know since, you know, I learn and use the language that will allow me to communicate in Australia, where I live.)

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I've just watched that video and before I say anything else I'll mention that I'm Deaf (total loss of hearing in both ears). I have grown up oral (speaking English as my first language), but I am also fluent in Auslan.

That was not Auslan. Oh boy. I have no idea what that tit-show was. The subtitles didn't match up at all to what she was signing - at least, to any Auslan signs. :sick: I have so much I could say about how offended I am that she's taken sign language and made a mockery of it by pretending to be 'inclusive', when she hasn't done her due diligence and researched/learned/consulted with Deaf people.

If she's trying to market to an audience of Deaf people - I'm sorry, but none of them are going to understand her. She wants to appear woke and educated but she's made a total fool of herself.

(It's probably ASL or something [American Sign Language] because that's used fairly often for rip-off videos and skits but I wouldn't know since, you know, I learn and use the language that will allow me to communicate in Australia, where I live.)
I watched the BTS making of that bizarre llama drama and she confirms it’s American Sign Language and tries to give a reason why but basically all I could gather was that using the sign language of another country just fit in with her whole Native American/Aztec/Inca cultural appropriation vibes. Llamas and the headpieces and the repetition of “tribe” was so yuck and now learning that performative bullshit was also offensive to the deaf community? THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT HAVE FRIENDS. Nobody around to say “oi mate, this whole thing is a bit fucken cooked, don’t ya reckon?!”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT HAVE FRIENDS. Nobody around to say “oi mate, this whole thing is a bit fucken cooked, don’t ya reckon?!”
Bloody hell, EXACTLY. I'd almost tell a stranger on the street this is all a bit fucked up, let alone a mate. I cannot EVEN. It's so bad, it's good. I almost feel trolled.

Reactions: 6
And to think she paid for this hot mess of a production. My sympathies to the Llamas involved. Feel like we should pay tribute to them in the next thread title. This should never be forgotten.

Reactions: 7
Has Lounatic done anything since for The Deaf Community?! Or just this performative bullshit yet again?! Just like her last week for The Pride March that she was paid to attend.

She is an absolute pig.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is absolutely incredible. I’ve never felt these feelings 😂😂😂 WOW! Girl is fuckkkkkkkked

• Haha
Has Lounatic done anything since for The Deaf Community?! Or just this performative bullshit yet again?! Just like her last week for The Pride March that she was paid to attend.

She is an absolute pig.
Didn’t she donate her over priced face shields (when she couldn’t sell them) to a deaf school? So generous and kind.

Reactions: 5
"Llamas represent the quietness of the mind" 🤣🤣🤣 this has made my day, honestly. It's so many levels of inappropriate, culturally appropriated hilarity.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
"Llamas represent the quietness of the mind" 🤣🤣🤣 this has made my day, honestly. It's so many levels of inappropriate, culturally appropriated hilarity.
This was my favourite part too!

How does one make that sort of connection?!

Llamas represent the quietness of the mind and they travel in a herd. Except Emmylou doesn't have a herd, she's driven away ALove, her kids are growing to despise her and she has no friends.

Maybe a solitary animal like a moose would have been more fitting.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This was my favourite part too!

How does one make that sort of connection?!

Llamas represent the quietness of the mind and they travel in a herd. Except Emmylou doesn't have a herd, she's driven away ALove, her kids are growing to despise her and she has no friends.

Maybe a solitary animal like a moose would have been more fitting.
But she is her own tribe and her own family. She doesn't need others.

This video has been a great way to end a working week. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Thank you for sharing this perspective and your lived experience @notspon. I’m sure there are many people, like yourself, who would happily sit down with any of these idiot influencers BEFORE they try to exploit minority groups for clout, or post their sponsored performative activism, and guide them appropriately. Imagine the power and change that could come from influencers collaborating with leaders of charity organisations, the less privileged, and members of the disability community? Instead, it’s all bajamas, photo albums and naked-lady-shaped champagne flutes for profit…

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I wonder if now that ALove has gone if she will apply for a show like MAFs. It seems like the sort of thing that would be right up her alley...

Thank you for sharing this perspective and your lived experience @notspon. I’m sure there are many people, like yourself, who would happily sit down with any of these idiot influencers BEFORE they try to exploit minority groups for clout, or post their sponsored performative activism, and guide them appropriately. Imagine the power and change that could come from influencers collaborating with leaders of charity organisations, the less privileged, and members of the disability community? Instead, it’s all bajamas, photo albums and naked-lady-shaped champagne flutes for profit…
But she made a beautiful friendship with a Texan after she reached out to the deaf community for help, so it can't be wrong 🙄 honestly, can this woman do anything right?! She really has no clue

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.