Emmerdale #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following on from this didn't Lachlan dump a phone that incriminated him in a barn at the Dingle house? I don’t think they’ve even found it?
The Dingles forget stuff.
Sam inherited a poultry farm in Norfolk when Alice died. Forgotten.
Lisa was a qualified builder and mechanic but forgot those money making skills when it came to filling the Dingle pot with cash to pay their bills with.
They've got form.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Lisa was a qualified builder and mechanic but forgot those money making skills when it came to filling the Dingle pot with cash to pay their bills with.
They've got form.
What?! Surely there is a folder on each character with this sort of information so the writers can keep this cohesive?!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
What?! Surely there is a folder on each character with this sort of information so the writers can keep this cohesive?!

They could watch the classic Emmerdale episodes every afternoon to learn about the backstory of their own show.

They could pick up some tips on how to write as well.
😂 😂 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 9
And didn’t Eric Pollard kill a wife back in the day but is now a cuddly B&B owner?

Reactions: 3
And didn’t Eric Pollard kill a wife back in the day but is now a cuddly B&B owner?
It was left ambiguous for like 20 years but Val found her death certificate which said she died from falling debris of the plane crash.

They could watch the classic Emmerdale episodes every afternoon to learn about the backstory of their own show.

They could pick up some tips on how to write as well.
😂 😂 🤪
I’m really enjoying the classic episodes atm

Reactions: 5
Death by vase smashed over the head is coming soon.

I love the classic eps at the moment.
Betty is so funny.
I just find her so annoying, she is infront of Kathy at the moment as the " getting on my nerves the most " Classic Emmerdale character.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
Well last night's was hilariously awful !! Reading posts on here, the writers need to read here, lots of good ideas!!

Reactions: 6
It was suspected, by viewers at least that he killed his wife Elizabeth the night the aeroplane landed on the village, she was found dead among the debris, they’d been seen arguing as she was on to his cheque fraud, if he did kill her then the plane crash was like a gift to him to cover it up.

I wish Meena would just duck off. She tap dances on my last nerve with her over the top ham acting. Apparently she tries to play the part like Jodie Comer in Killing Eve. She not talented or experienced enough. Also wtf was going on with Liams hair last night?

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I wish Meena would just duck off. She tap dances on my last nerve with her over the top ham acting. Apparently she tries to play the part like Jodie Comer in Killing Eve. She not talented or experienced enough. Also wtf was going on with Liams hair last night?
Yeah I think its obvious emmerdale were definitely piggy back riding the success of killing eve and wanted Meena to be a pound ship Villanelle 😂
Tbh I found her entertaining at the start but its just not what I watch emmerdale for and it's gone on for ridiculously too long.

Reactions: 7
Meena works best when viewed as a comedy character. As long as you don't take her seriously she is hilarious.

If you watch Emmerdale for realism and serious social commentary of course you have to think that was the most security lapsed court in the land and there are s few court officials facing imminent dismissal.

• Heart
What have I missed here?! What exactly was Mena expecting to happen at her sentencing if not life imprisonment?

They've got form.
Well the thing with the Dingles is that they are simultaneously portrayed as a highly successful business family with interests ranging from (as you say) Norfolk to Scotland, who can outright buy a pub with cash, and also a family living in extreme poverty in a hovel with the same furniture for over a decade who often can’t make the rent and have to resort to poaching and low level criminality to make ends meet.

Belle in particular is the prototype Dingle. Despite being born in a Pigsty to the most...unpromising...of genepools, Zack and Lisa, she is apparently some sort of maths prodigy, and now, from out of nowhere, is also a highly sharp business mind able to easily outwit Al, and probably Kim. Before she has another crippling attack of schizophrenia of course.

And despite inhabiting a village packed from top to bottom with eye poppingly beautiful women, besides whom she is to put it mildly, ordinary. She exudes some sort of industrial strength sexual allure that causes much older professional men such as doctors, vets, or millionaires sons, to become infatuated with her to the point of near obsession or murder. All before the age of 21.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Meena works best when viewed as a comedy character. As long as you don't take her seriously she is hilarious.

If you watch Emmerdale for realism and serious social commentary of course you have to think that was the most security lapsed court in the land and there are s few court officials facing imminent dismissal.
I’m amazed how quick the case made it to court too. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.