Emmerdale #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is a bit odd that their characters are being written out again so quickly after suspension.

Reactions: 9
It is a bit odd that their characters are being written out again so quickly after suspension.
Yes it’s a bit odd. I really wish Meena had killed them off because they are dull as dishwater and cannot act. Plus they have zero chemistry.

Would love to know what went down. It caused the actor playing Ellis to leave too
Basically they made fun of an actress’s accent and said that it wasn’t racially insensitive, it was just bants. Ellis overheard or was privy to these conversations and had it out with them or took it to management. Management suspended them whilst they did an investigation and found that they weren’t being racist. Ellis was unhappy with how the management handled it and left.
Now I’m thinking that the actor who plays Ellis wouldn’t leave a good paying job in an industry that is notoriously difficult to get regular work unless he knew 100% that Victoria and David did something racist. From that thinking it looks like ITV gave them a slap on the wrist and let them stay. If that is true, I believe it’s because they are established actors and Victoria is a legacy character. If it was someone like Chloe, Mackenzie, Dawn even they would have got rid of them in a shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Yes it’s a bit odd. I really wish Meena had killed them off because they are dull as dishwater and cannot act. Plus they have zero chemistry.

Basically they made fun of an actress’s accent and said that it wasn’t racially insensitive, it was just bants. Ellis overheard or was privy to these conversations and had it out with them or took it to management. Management suspended them whilst they did an investigation and found that they weren’t being racist. Ellis was unhappy with how the management handled it and left.
Now I’m thinking that the actor who plays Ellis wouldn’t leave a good paying job in an industry that is notoriously difficult to get regular work unless he knew 100% that Victoria and David did something racist. From that thinking it looks like ITV gave them a slap on the wrist and let them stay. If that is true, I believe it’s because they are established actors and Victoria is a legacy character. If it was someone like Chloe, Mackenzie, Dawn even they would have got rid of them in a shot.
I hope the actor who played Ellis speaks up about this now he has left. I wonder who the actress was who they were mimicking and if she knows?

Reactions: 5
I hope the actor who played Ellis speaks up about this now he has left. I wonder who the actress was who they were mimicking and if she knows?
I've a feeling it’s the actress that plays Meena. Although the character is in prison I’m guessing they are playing out the end of her storyline and suddenly David & Victoria disappear again.

Whilst they’ve been back and Meena has been back David & Victoria have been absent even though they had involvement with the Meena storyline originally

Reactions: 6
I've a feeling it’s the actress that plays Meena. Although the character is in prison I’m guessing they are playing out the end of her storyline and suddenly David & Victoria disappear again.

Whilst they’ve been back and Meena has been back David & Victoria have been absent even though they had involvement with the Meena storyline originally
It was mentioned on this thread that Billy and Dawn replaced David and Vic in the storyline

Reactions: 6

That makes sense. Annoys me that they get to keep their jobs when they are two of the most boring characters ever.

Reactions: 4
It was mentioned on this thread that Billy and Dawn replaced David and Vic in the storyline
Yes but you would think that David would have a comment to make about how it could have been him in Billy’s position and thank god he got out when he did and Victoria remembering how weird and over protective of David Meena was?

They have literally not been around whilst Meena came back for her final rampage. They may as well have still been in Portugal for all the contribution they’ve made to the show on the whole since returning

Reactions: 7
I think it was to do with the actress who plays meena too, I don’t understand how it came to Ellis leaving as she hasn’t really got any sort of accent you can mimic. Unless they were doing her psycho voice😂

Reactions: 1
I think it was to do with the actress who plays meena too, I don’t understand how it came to Ellis leaving as she hasn’t really got any sort of accent you can mimic. Unless they were doing her psycho voice😂
I've always thought it may have been a stunt performer being mocked.

ITV really need to clarify what happened.

Reactions: 2
I've always thought it may have been a stunt performer being mocked.

ITV really need to clarify what happened.
Yeah no offence to the above comment who said what happend but that's basically what was in the papers so we don't know the full story , not saying they didn't do it but it's not 100% who they mocked and we don't know the exact reason he left

Also wasn't the Billy replacing David just a guess because David unexpectedly got wrriten out ,so it seems pretty likely but again not confirmed

I guess we will never know unless now Ellis has left he spills

Reactions: 3
Yeah no offence to the above comment who said what happend but that's basically what was in the papers so we don't know the full story , not saying they didn't do it but it's not 100% who they mocked and we don't know the exact reason he left

Also wasn't the Billy replacing David just a guess because David unexpectedly got wrriten out ,so it seems pretty likely but again not confirmed

Online articles have said they ‘mimicked’ an actresses accent, so we don’t know what was said or who it was aimed at. But they did mock an accent apparently.

It's only fuelling more gossip, if they just came out and said the truth, all the speculation would be over. It's looking a tad racist on their part by 'protecting' the white actors in a way.

Reactions: 5

I don't know how they can call it racist if that's the case, as she speaks with an English accent. Not that nationality is a race anyway!

Reactions: 3
Online articles have said they ‘mimicked’ an actresses accent, so we don’t know what was said or who it was aimed at. But they did mock an accent apparently.
Yeah , I mean the comment further back was saying the same as articles etc but I think the person who asked was saying they wanted to know the actual full story

Yeah , I mean the comment further back was saying the same as articles etc but I think the person who asked was saying they wanted to know the actual full story
Oh, my bad! Sorry I thought you meant my comment about mimicking someone’s accent 🤦🏼‍♀️

That was me, I agree no one knows what’s happened. I think that it did happen because David and Victoria wouldn’t have been suspended for so long over nothing. But it’s all alleged.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.