Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Zigandzagger

Seriously, Meena did in one day;

-Attacked Harriet.
-Hid Lucas.
-Carjacked the limo.
-Got into Limo driver togs.
-Attacked Billy and got him in the boot.
-Kidnapped Dawn.
-Played her silly game.
-Shot Leyla.
-Got beaten up by Dawn.
-Got away.
-Ran through a allotment.
-Got pushed off a bridge and hit her head on a rock.
-Taken to hospital.
-Had surgery.
-Gave evidence.
-Got all clear from doctor to be discharged.
-Got arrested.

Dawn and Billy had a dance and cuddle completely untraumatized by the day's events.
I thought this was ridiculous. She would have had to split herself in two. Harriet brought Lucas to the toilet. As they left, Dawn has a 5 minute chat with her dad and then steps into Meena’s hummer! When she gets out, Meena tells her she’s got Lucas.

So in 5 mins she attacks Harriet.. who presumably recently had some refresher police training. Knocks her out. Brings Lucas to the cricket pavilion. Locks him in. Attacks a 6ft plus Billy and manages to tie him up and lift him into the boot of the hummer. It’s ridiculous.

Then she’s thrown over the bridge. Miraculously has no broken bones or facial injuries. Almost dies twice… once at the bridge, one in the hospital. Has surgery. Is in ICU. And then next day she’s sitting upright in the police interview room. No pain, no casts, no sign of recovering from surgery. Not so much as a plaster even!!!

It was a good storyline up to Ben’s death but it went seriously downhill since then. Soaps always have to drag out a storyline. Which is one thing. But not making it plausible kind of insults the viewer IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Slightly Bonkers

Chatty Member
It’s an absolute joke to the point where I was just laughing at the acting tonight, meena is literally a pantomime villain 😭
I thought the same 🤦‍♀️ the way she was flouncing around the barn in last night's episode made me cringe 😬 it was a great storyline and at one point she definitely would have won soap villain of the year, but now? All credibility has long gone and it's beyond ridiculous 🙄

I also never saw police just wandering around the village so much 😆
And Tracey if you're going, can you please take your sister with you 🙏

• Haha

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
my mum had a mini stroke abt nine months ago and i think they've done this storyline justice so far! we had to wait two hrs for an ambulance so that was slightly unrealistic but i guess with hindsight hers wasn't as serious. she can hardly remember what happened but when they showed him in the mirror and looking at april said they got the blurred vision spot on. i know it'll be different aftercare as mum didn't need surgery etc but we haven't had any follow up for her stutter at all so definitely expecting the side effects to linger for years with his character!

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Why can't they just charge Meena with the murders? She confessed to Manpreet, Liam and Vinny. That's three people, two of which are highly qualified professionals. She KIDNAPPED Dawn and Billy, plus she shot Leyla so showed she's capable of murder. I know it's a soap but they're certainly dragging it out, probably whilst they try and come up with a storyline for the 50th (Meena's escape probably).

Also, where is Tommy? Can we add him to the list of victims?
Who’s Tommy?
I agree about them charging Meena. The officer said it’s your word and Manpreet’s against hers to Liam but surely that’s something? If three people have accused you of murder and have the same story then it would be worth a look into instead of just insinuating to Liam that she won’t be charged for those murders.
Plus she kidnapped Dawn and Billy and Lucas, attacked Harriet and Layla - why hasn’t that been mentioned?
I know I take the piss out of Emmerdale but the writing and production of this has been appalling. Layla was shot but the make up team didn’t do anything to show that she was distressed - they didn’t make her pale or sweaty or whatever was needed for the injury she received. She looked like she was just taking a nap on the road. Same with her being in hospital with a full face of make up.
Meena fell from a height, hit her head on a stone, had emergency surgery and was discharged from the ICU to police custody (which wouldn’t be the norm, she would have gone to a regular ward or had her own room) all within a day. No lasting head trauma or broken neck, back? Not forgetting that she managed to assault the limo driver, steal his car, assault Harriet, kidnap Lucas,apprehend Billy, kidnap Dawn, shoot Layla, get punched in the face by Dawn, go back to the village, be chased by Liam…ALL IN A DAY?! The meme is that you have the same 24 hours as Beyoncé but it should really be you have the same 24 hours as Meena - the girl gets shit done.
I’ve read she’s staying here until the 50th anniversary? I reckon she’ll break out of police custody and Liam or Manpreet will finally kill her or something daft.

Chita

VIP Member
How does the Woolpack make any money? There's never many people in it.
That was realistic during covid restrictions. But now, not so much.

In the classic Emmerdale episodes the pub is always buzzing with atmosphere and customers.

• Heart

spangly

VIP Member
The acting is just so bad lately - made even worse when you've got a whole bunch of them in the same scene!

The new Suzy character just looks like she's asking everyone for a fight all the time - it's the way she tips her head back and lifts her chin up when she talks, even in her supposed tender moments...lol! C'mon then!

Victoria's nodding all the time drives me crazy too!

There's no chemistry between any of the couples either. Meh!

• Heart

Ktb

VIP Member
She’s going to rise from that little brook of water like the girl out the film The Ring with that fork in her hand and Manpreets head is going to end up on the end of it and then Meena will parade through the village and bung head in a skip outside The Woolpack.
Anything is possible at this stage. Right?

• Haha

thegreencow

VIP Member
Emmerdale do issue-led storylines so well - Ashley dementia, Daniel's death, Zoe's schizophrenia, Holly's death to name a few. It's just the filler scenes and storylines in between that can be a little bit crap. They have done well with Marlon's stroke so far. Amelia (April) is a wonderful little actress.

Surrealoneill

Chatty Member
How long is Meena making her way back to emmerdale now??? She must be on route back from a remote island of the coast of Australia and travelling on foot

• Haha

rivermonster

VIP Member
Marlon! Noooooo!
I think that was the best acting he has ever done on Emmerdale, Zoe Henry has just been on Lorraine saying the story is going to go on for a long time as they have taken lots of advice from Stroke Association and are going to do it correctly.

Chita

VIP Member
I think that was the best acting he has ever done on Emmerdale, Zoe Henry has just been on Lorraine saying the story is going to go on for a long time as they have taken lots of advice from Stroke Association and are going to do it correctly.

He's had a few other moments of excellence. He can do it when the writers give him stuff to do. They just don't give him the chance.

His character is so OTT with the arm waving they make him do and all that stuff, but when he gets chance to be a calmer and more measured Marlon he comes up with the goods.
Bet he's pleased to have something challenging to do
Go, Mark!
Horrible storyline but I'm sure he'll do it justice.

Not sure I can bear to watch though.
I need an escape from true life not a reminder of it, so, for my own mental health, I may have to avoid the bits about Marlon's stroke.

• Heart
  • Sad