Emma Tustin and Thomas Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, why on earth are the Hughes family battling Olivia's family? It's not about them, it's about a little boy who deserves the dignity of a proper funeral. Denying it to him is a disgrace and the Hughes family should pipe down.
I think it's sick as HELL that he's still alone and cold. I think the Hughes should back off. Their son murdered his own child. Whilst I've always said that Olivia isn't innocent as she commited a murder herself, but at least she did love Arthur. That Joanne Hughes is someone who would always blame ET rather than realise it was her own son who failed as well. Which is why I actually think it's why TH is the way he is.

Oh don't worry, inmates will get her good. There are mother's who would die for their kids, proper hard nuts who hate child abusers. They'll be yelling abuse every single night. I'm fully expecting a sugar and boiling water attack soon. Good.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I can’t get the 2 monsters faces out of my head, her eyes pure evil and it’s kind of hard to know that I knew her if I’m being honest, I usually try to disconnect myself from such cases after a while and I feel so so selfish saying anything is “hard” after all Arthur suffered, my picturing them is nothing at all!! I know that.
Arthur’s suffering is the worst case I’ve heard of. Awful, my every waking thought lately, her face, his cries of hunger and saying nobody loved him.
I think back to every conversation I’ve had with her, she’s not just a face on the news this time, it feels so real and raw. I don’t usually hate it’s not in me but I do dislike her, I want to be in a room with her, I have a burning ball of anger within me, I can feel it bubbling every time I see her face, l want her to suffer but let’s face it nothing will be good enough for her, no amount of suffering and torture will be even anywhere near enough, she will never feel remorse it’s not in her, she couldn’t even hide her dislike for him on the stand.
I also feel sad for her own children who had to witness that they’re only young, that’s got to of messed them up, her little girl even saying she would cuddle Arthur, she knew it was wrong she felt sorry for him.

It’s spoken about everywhere I go, I pray and pray we as a community can make a difference, do something, anything in his name.
Arthur, you absolute little beautiful, perfect superhero you were and are loved. I

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I cant believe Arthur is still in the bloody morgue! Surely sense would prevail and you'd put your differences aside and lay the little boy to rest! I had to wait 4 weeks to cremate my daughter and that was bad enough, I cant even imagine 12+ months!! The courts should step in now they'v been sentenced. It's gone on long enough.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I can’t get the 2 monsters faces out of my head, her eyes pure evil and it’s kind of hard to know that I knew her if I’m being honest, I usually try to disconnect myself from such cases after a while and I feel so so selfish saying anything is “hard” after all Arthur suffered, my picturing them is nothing at all!! I know that.
Arthur’s suffering is the worst case I’ve heard of. Awful, my every waking thought lately, her face, his cries of hunger and saying nobody loved him.
I think back to every conversation I’ve had with her, she’s not just a face on the news this time, it feels so real and raw. I don’t usually hate it’s not in me but I do dislike her, I want to be in a room with her, I have a burning ball of anger within me, I can feel it bubbling every time I see her face, l want her to suffer but let’s face it nothing will be good enough for her, no amount of suffering and torture will be even anywhere near enough, she will never feel remorse it’s not in her, she couldn’t even hide her dislike for him on the stand.
I also feel sad for her own children who had to witness that they’re only young, that’s got to of messed them up, her little girl even saying she would cuddle Arthur, she knew it was wrong she felt sorry for him.

It’s spoken about everywhere I go, I pray and pray we as a community can make a difference, do something, anything in his name.
Arthur, you absolute little beautiful, perfect superhero you were and are loved. I
Did you know of her? If you did, this is prob why it feels so much harder. I'm all the way down in Devon and have cried everyday. I even felt awful for feeling hungry whe Arthur went through it for weeks. I think it's so raw as it's the first time on video we have seen the true face of what abuse does to a child.

I am struggling too not to think about. I just wish I could save him and others. It's horrendous. I feel guilty for wishing to stop think about it when Arthur had to live through it.

I

Reactions: 11

Can’t stop thinking about it either. Failure after failure.l, keeps happening.Childcare played a big part in the death of this child, those responsible should not escape paying the penalty for it, but we know that won’t happen. They chose to ignore it. Makes you feel sick . Jail time for the head of social services and any of her team. They already have their excuses rehearsed though- government cutbacks, incompetent staff, not enough money l

What an insult to say we had Covid, pictures were shown to the police who also chose to ignore it!!!

spot calls and no announcing you’re turning up and stop worrying about upsetting the parent’s and tiptoeing around then. You’re there to do a job and follow up on reports of neglect/abuse.

When capital punishment was abolished it was said life would mean life. Let those evil monsters rot in there

Reactions: 9
I personally knew Emma, she was the year above me in school, she’s always been odd and evil
In school she cried out for attention.
I remember bumping into her over the shops, she had her daughter with her who I knew from being over her Facebook then a little boy, I asked who’s it was as she hadn’t mentioned having a younger son and she told me it was her son but he never got a mention it’s like he didn’t exist but her daughter was the apple of her eye. (she can be over heard in one of the voice recordings online that she would cuddle Arthur)
I knew she had met Tom but I didn’t know she had a step son either and she didn’t see her older 2 boys so I wonder if she had deep issues about boys, she clearly hated Arthur.
I think death would be the easy way out
for Emma. She tried to commit suicide by jumping off the local car park after a dispute trying to see her older
Lads but there was a reason she couldn’t.
She would want that, she’s tried multiple times but she should be made to live, a long suffering life where she’s tortured every single day and not let her escape.

dear prisoners of
HMP Peterborough please lace every
Meal with salt.
Make her live a living hell
She don’t deserve a single second of happiness ever again.
is there more voice recordings released? I've just heard the earlier ones.

I see fb comments that ET is in hospital, anyone know if that's true?

Reactions: 1
I cant believe Arthur is still in the bloody morgue! Surely sense would prevail and you'd put your differences aside and lay the little boy to rest! I had to wait 4 weeks to cremate my daughter and that was bad enough, I cant even imagine 12+ months!! The courts should step in now they'v been sentenced. It's gone on long enough.
He needs putting to rest! that thing ET will be getting a kick out of him laid all alone

Reactions: 3
If the government go ahead and close schools again or push kids to stay home and remote learn then we have learnt nothing from Arthur’s murder. We should never have made it easier for these monsters to hide their abuse from society.
No because teachers were still working during the pandemic and it is a fact they refered to safeguarding g and social services it was the SS who failed him and baby star.

Let's not blame the school it is clear hey did everything in their power what about his family? They too tried so let's stop blaming the lockdown and schools it is unfair. When clearly he was in care of monsters at home
I agree, why on earth are the Hughes family battling Olivia's family? It's not about them, it's about a little boy who deserves the dignity of a proper funeral. Denying it to him is a disgrace and the Hughes family should pipe down.
Its so upsetting as someone who didn't even know the young boy and these are supposed to be people who loved him such a shame.. MH who is arthurs maternal GM works for the police according to her likendin she should take the Hughes through the legal courts so they can rest the boy in peace ✌

Reactions: 1
Just on topic of the schools, Arthur would have been identified as vulnerable because of what he had previously been through with his family. It also should have raised eyebrows that he was living with a new family so soon, so the fact there was only electronic messages exchanged is alarming.
SS blocked the school when they did raise concerns but if TH refused a place I think more should have been done to ensure he was engaging with school as much as possible in that time, whether or not dad rejected the place. Obviously head teachers have learnt a lot in how to handle lockdowns but I really don’t think enough was done in their part to ensure this highly vulnerable child was engaging with them. That was their duty. I know it’s not their fault solely, he was let down by all services unfortunately

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Its so upsetting as someone who didn't even know the young boy and these are supposed to be people who loved him such a shame.. MH who is arthurs maternal GM works for the police according to her likendin she should take the Hughes through the legal courts so they can rest the boy in peace ✌
I think the issue of Arthur's funeral will be quickly resolved now TH has been found guilty. He had pleaded not guilty so in theory he was still considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Had he been found not guilty he would have retained some kind of parental authority and a say in Arthur's funeral arrangements, surely? Perhaps that's the stance the Hughes family took? Not saying that's right, IMO they should not have got into any kind of conflict with Olivia's family at all. Now their beloved Thomas has been found guilty of manslaughter the Hughes family should back off and hope that Olivia's family are compassionate enough to invite them to the funeral.

Reactions: 14
I have had SS dealings myself. They do checks on new partners, especially living with said child. I know that anybody who has been flagged up by SS in the past (ET losing children, mental health, DV, etc... she would have been well known to them) will be told that the main carer cannot be left unattended with said child. This is usual procedure. I don't understand how it was allowed to even get this far.

Reactions: 11
I have had SS dealings myself. They do checks on new partners, especially living with said child. I know that anybody who has been flagged up by SS in the past (ET losing children, mental health, DV, etc... she would have been well known to them) will be told that the main carer cannot be left unattended with said child. This is usual procedure. I don't understand how it was allowed to even get this far.
I think it could have been a combination of things: sometimes people fall through the gaps in society, plus we had lockdown and the two social workers involved didn’t seem that interested until they were caught out.

Reactions: 8
No because teachers were still working during the pandemic and it is a fact they refered to safeguarding g and social services it was the SS who failed him and baby star.

Let's not blame the school it is clear hey did everything in their power what about his family? They too tried so let's stop blaming the lockdown and schools it is unfair. When clearly he was in care of monsters at home
I think there were many contributing factors here that put Arthur at increased risk and reduced the likelihood of someone intervening - schools closing being one of them. If children are present and visible at school 5 days a week there are far more opportunities for intervention and Arthur’s condition would have been flagged up. It’s not about proportioning blame but learning from the situation so that more kids don’t slip through the net as easily as Arthur did.

Reactions: 6
The vigil today held near the house was very moving. I know the family said they didn't wan't it to happen in that location for obvious reasons. But I understand why neighbours would want to do something and show their respects and hopefully get a little bit of closure if that's the right word?
I saw Arthur's maternal Gran Madeline Halcrow was there very emotional. It's just been such a sad time and I feel grief like so many people over Arthur :( I've been waking up feeling low over this. I know many other people feel the same.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I think it's sick as HELL that he's still alone and cold. I think the Hughes should back off. Their son murdered his own child. Whilst I've always said that Olivia isn't innocent as she commited a murder herself, but at least she did love Arthur. That Joanne Hughes is someone who would always blame ET rather than realise it was her own son who failed as well. Which is why I actually think it's why TH is the way he is.

Yes totally agree. Could not believe that Joanne Hughes said that if TH had not met ET then Arthur would not be dead. Is this woman completely delusional. Her darling son completely and utterly betrayed his own child Make no excuses for that piece of tit. And the fact that Arthur has not been laid to rest just points to the fact that they are milking it for all they all worth. Probably we will get the full blown horse and carriage and the tears thinking all about themselves.
Absolutely disgusting..
Hope they are all ashamed of themselves

Oh don't worry, inmates will get her good. There are mother's who would die for their kids, proper hard nuts who hate child abusers. They'll be yelling abuse every single night. I'm fully expecting a sugar and boiling water attack soon. Good.

Thank God she has been convicted. What makes me sick is that they are now concerned about her welfare after what she did to that poor child. Who cares what happens to her. Hope she suffers every day for the rest of her miserable life and the same for the TH who totally failed his vulnerable son.
yes totally agree. Before they give her the meds deprive her of food make her to stand for 14 hours abuse her and tell her she is ugly and make her sleep on the floor. Then tell her she is getting her meds but at the last minute say sorry we are not doing that. This pair of evilness need to rot in hell.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A statement from Daniel Hughes, regarding the funeral dispute:

To everyone who messages me telling me my family are scum for not allowing Arthur’s funeral. Please read this.

Arthur’s funeral was agreed between both families a week after he had died. His body was not able to be released for months due to evidence.

Then early this year, a gentleman who had kindly organised a fundraiser for Arthur informed me that Arthur’s maternal family had requested the money. After calling them, they told us we as a family were not welcome as we “didn’t do enough to save Arthur. He will have a small basic funeral, not one that’s a celebration of his life as he didn’t have a life”

The Hughes family are the only family who contacted social services. The Hughes family are the only family who called the police. The Hughes family are the only family who stayed with Arthur until he passed. The Hughes family didn’t leave at 11:00 because “it’s late”.

No one from the Hughes family is defending Thomas Hughes. He is in prison, where he should be.

Please don’t message me abuse, saying I should have my child removed. How is that appropriate?

• Sad
Reactions: 20

To everyone who messages me telling me my family are scum for not allowing Arthur’s funeral. Please read this.

Arthur’s funeral was agreed between both families a week after he had died. His body was not able to be released for months due to evidence.

Then early this year, a gentleman who had kindly organised a fundraiser for Arthur informed me that Arthur’s maternal family had requested the money. After calling them, they told us we as a family were not welcome as we “didn’t do enough to save Arthur. He will have a small basic funeral, not one that’s a celebration of his life as he didn’t have a life”

The Hughes family are the only family who contacted social services. The Hughes family are the only family who called the police. The Hughes family are the only family who stayed with Arthur until he passed. The Hughes family didn’t leave at 11:00 because “it’s late”.

No one from the Hughes family is defending Thomas Hughes. He is in prison, where he should be.

Please don’t message me abuse, saying I should have my child removed. How is that appropriate?
And so it continues. The courts need to step in if need be , this boy needs to have his funeral.

Reactions: 15

Where was that published? I’m not disputing its accuracy, just nosy

Reactions: 2

Whilst I'm upset about the arguement... I'm so glad Arthur wasn't alone when he passed. I'm SO glad he felt love from those who cared for him, I'm just sorry for the family that it was their last goodbye

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.