Emma Tustin and Thomas Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s not how drug addiction and abusive relationships work - if only things were that simple 🙄. No one would choose to be abused, women don’t ‘stay’ in DV situations they are ‘stuck’ in them. Same with drugs- nobody chooses to be a drug addict- no one would choose that way of life.

Olivia’s case is complicated, for sure, but the rhetoric you are using around her drug addiction and relationship is naive. Perhaps just be thankful that you don’t understand either.
I agree! Who knows how anyone will react to being beaten and raped as she said she was everyone has a limit and I suspect she reached hers. She also said she was spiked by her partner and that’s how the cocaine got into her system while I don’t know how much of that is true I would imagine that would have had a large effect on her behaviour. You are right some people have never been in an abusive relationship and it certainly isn’t as easy as just leaving x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh god, don’t apologise! I believe she stabbed him in the chest multiple times, as well as the leg, so it doesn’t sound like a ‘one stab in self-defence’ thing (which would obviously be a totally different scenario).

There’s an article from the time she was convicted here: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/olivia-labinjo-halcrow-jailed-11-20956475.amp
i just read from a link further up he tried to strangle her. Well he did and then she stabbed him and he let go. He raped her a few times as well as anally raping her. Both of them used to drink and take cocaine. Maybe she did lose her memory - when you go through trauma, your brain blocks things out to protect you i guess. I dont know. I know iv been through trauma and I dont remember a lot of bits. My therapist says its the brain protecting you.

ET is cunning and manipulative. There is no doubt in my mind that she will negotiate her way into a hospital prison setting, these settings are like a holiday camp where the whims of these 'mentally ill' prisoners are met on demand. I know this because I've worked on one of these wards and all we did was trips to the lake district, therapeutic activities, relaxation sessions, choir singing, baking classes, sky TV, board games and takeaways..... if she ends up in a place like this I'll be mortified but not surprised.
Nah she’ll kill herself. Shes already tried to kill herself i read while shes been in custody. She will keep trying until she succeeds.

Reactions: 7
I’m not sure what you’re on about to be honest, I quite clearly said she didn’t deserve what happened to Arthur. But that doesn’t mean that we should excuse the crimes that she also committed herself.

Believe it or not, it’s possible to feel sympathy for someone for losing their son in hideous circumstances like these, while also believing she should be held responsible for killing someone herself.

It’s possible to understand that TH and ET were entirely to blame for Arthur’s death, but that his mum also let him down terribly and caused him a significant amount of trauma.

If you’ve somehow equated that to be ‘victim-blaming’, quite frankly I think that’s some reach 🤷🏽‍♀️

I also don’t think people would be quite so desperate to defend Olivia if she were a man, but that’s a whole other debate and not for this thread.

The only truly innocent party in this complex and tragic case is poor Arthur.
Sorry I wasn't directing it at you personally - I'm completely in agreement with everything you've said. I was directing at the people who say Olivia should have left him, she shouldn't have taken drugs etc etc and therefore Arthur would still be alive.

Reactions: 2
i just read from a link further up he tried to strangle her. Well he did and then she stabbed him and he let go. He raped her a few times as well as anally raping her. Both of them used to drink and take cocaine. Maybe she did lose her memory - when you go through trauma, your brain blocks things out to protect you i guess. I dont know. I know iv been through trauma and I dont remember a lot of bits. My therapist says its the brain protecting you.

Nah she’ll kill herself. Shes already tried to kill herself i read while shes been in custody. She will keep trying until she succeeds.
Sounds like attention seeking to me or she would have succeeded the first time.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
I agree with your views on addiction.

It can happen to anyone.

But Olivia didnt just stab her partner in the leg. She stabbed him 12 times and killed him and has been convicted for manslaughter. She said she had no memory of the attack and her partner was abusive to her as well, but she wouldn't be in prison for that long if she only stabbed him in the leg
After stabbing him many times, it was the stab wound to the back of his leg that actually killed him. Maybe that's where some confusion has set in? She had previously stabbed him in the arm a year before in front of Arthur, in 2018, which the judge in her trial said undermined her self defence claim My heart breaks for Olivia losing her only child in such a horrific way, being totally unaware of what was happening to him and no doubt blaming herself every day. She is - or was - a deeply troubled woman. From posh school, corporal in the TA cadets, to studying a politics and philosophy degree to this. Addiction and toxic/DV relationships can take a person to some very dark places.

Reactions: 19
I agree with your views on addiction.

It can happen to anyone.

But Olivia didnt just stab her partner in the leg. She stabbed him 12 times and killed him and has been convicted for manslaughter. She said she had no memory of the attack and her partner was abusive to her as well, but she wouldn't be in prison for that long if she only stabbed him in the leg
Absolutely this. She was in no way shape or form even remotely responsible for Arthur's death. Those two animals were. But I balk at rewriting history to paint her as an unfortunate victim of circumstance. You can plunge in a knife once if fighting for your life. 12 times means you want to kill.

Reactions: 3
I personally knew Emma, she was the year above me in school, she’s always been odd and evil
In school she cried out for attention.
I remember bumping into her over the shops, she had her daughter with her who I knew from being over her Facebook then a little boy, I asked who’s it was as she hadn’t mentioned having a younger son and she told me it was her son but he never got a mention it’s like he didn’t exist but her daughter was the apple of her eye. (she can be over heard in one of the voice recordings online that she would cuddle Arthur)
I knew she had met Tom but I didn’t know she had a step son either and she didn’t see her older 2 boys so I wonder if she had deep issues about boys, she clearly hated Arthur.
I think death would be the easy way out
for Emma. She tried to commit suicide by jumping off the local car park after a dispute trying to see her older
Lads but there was a reason she couldn’t.
She would want that, she’s tried multiple times but she should be made to live, a long suffering life where she’s tortured every single day and not let her escape.

dear prisoners of
HMP Peterborough please lace every
Meal with salt.
Make her live a living hell
She don’t deserve a single second of happiness ever again.
That is an interesting observation. I keep thinking. Who was the victim before poor Arthur was scapegoated to such a point? Her own children?With people like this monster, there is always a victim. They live to hurt people.

Reactions: 5
What the hell is all that? "she didnt give a 2nd thought to Arthur, taking drugs, staying in an abusive relationship" is that victim blaming I detect? Are you blaming a battered woman for staying with an abusive partner because her son died? Have you read the case on his mum? He beat her up and raped her a few times, she had defensive wounds on her body where they were obvs scrapping and she tried to fight back, grabbed the knife and stabbed him in the leg. What was she supposed to do? Let him kill her? Her and Arthur would have been fudged either way - her winding up dead and him ending up with his dad, or her ending up in prison and him ending up with his dad.
"What was she supposed to do?" Leave the abusive partner. Make a different choice. Seek help. She's in prison. She killed a man. This is not easy but many do manage to change. No idea how long her sentence is but I hope she comes out of prison a healed person and manages to re-start her life.

A
ET is cunning and manipulative. There is no doubt in my mind that she will negotiate her way into a hospital prison setting, these settings are like a holiday camp where the whims of these 'mentally ill' prisoners are met on demand. I know this because I've worked on one of these wards and all we did was trips to the lake district, therapeutic activities, relaxation sessions, choir singing, baking classes, sky TV, board games and takeaways..... if she ends up in a place like this I'll be mortified but not surprised.
Charming! And tax payers paying for all this....

I’m not sure what you’re on about to be honest, I quite clearly said she didn’t deserve what happened to Arthur. But that doesn’t mean that we should excuse the crimes that she also committed herself.

Believe it or not, it’s possible to feel sympathy for someone for losing their son in hideous circumstances like these, while also believing she should be held responsible for killing someone herself.

It’s possible to understand that TH and ET were entirely to blame for Arthur’s death, but that his mum also let him down terribly and caused him a significant amount of trauma.

If you’ve somehow equated that to be ‘victim-blaming’, quite frankly I think that’s some reach 🤷🏽‍♀️

I also don’t think people would be quite so desperate to defend Olivia if she were a man, but that’s a whole other debate and not for this thread.

Excellent comment and I think it summarizes perfectly the argument of whether Olivia bears "some" responsability or not.

Excellent comment and I think it summarizes perfectly the argument of whether Olivia bears "some" responsability or not.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that Olivia LOVED Arthur. She did adore him. You can see it by the twinkle in his eye. However, a mother can love a child without her priorities being right. Olivia is not to be blamed for the crime. But her own actions created this snowball effect which led to all this.

It was report that Olivia lied about the rapes and sexual assaults. She was also playing TH and GC off each other. I've had a affair myself (something I really regret and always), so things do escalate and happen. That's life. She was an aggressor and regularly use to aggressively argue in front of Arthur to the point he's cower under his duvet. She met GC on a drink awareness course, so this says to me, that something else Happened for her to be put on a type of course even before she met GC.

Ive got a theory that ET got pregnant and she wanted to create a perfect family where she owned TH but Arthur meant he was a problem (he really wasn't). There were messages where she'd beg for TH to take Arthur back to his nans. I wonder if she made out Arthur was so naughty and do all this naughty things when tom wasn't around, put salt in his food to say 'look he doesn't eat my food and I've tried so hard to be perfect mum to him'. Which led her to say to TH, don't give him water because he'll fill up on water etc... All so TH would give in and take him back to his nans.TH refusal stems from the fact he's a failure in life and didn't want to look like he was failing (he clearly was, considering he didn't protect him!) . I actually think it was all too slow for her, it wasnt happening quick enough to get Arthur out of the picture, so she lost it with him and killed him.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I personally knew Emma, she was the year above me in school, she’s always been odd and evil
In school she cried out for attention.
I remember bumping into her over the shops, she had her daughter with her who I knew from being over her Facebook then a little boy, I asked who’s it was as she hadn’t mentioned having a younger son and she told me it was her son but he never got a mention it’s like he didn’t exist but her daughter was the apple of her eye. (she can be over heard in one of the voice recordings online that she would cuddle Arthur)
I knew she had met Tom but I didn’t know she had a step son either and she didn’t see her older 2 boys so I wonder if she had deep issues about boys, she clearly hated Arthur.
I think death would be the easy way out
for Emma. She tried to commit suicide by jumping off the local car park after a dispute trying to see her older
Lads but there was a reason she couldn’t.
She would want that, she’s tried multiple times but she should be made to live, a long suffering life where she’s tortured every single day and not let her escape.

dear prisoners of
HMP Peterborough please lace every
Meal with salt.
Make her live a living hell
She don’t deserve a single second of happiness ever again.
I just can't comprehend any of this. Would it be justice if she served in the same prison as Olivia and let her have her justice. I know we aren't a corporal society but in this case they are inhumane. Living with guilt won't work as she has no humanity

Reactions: 5
I hope she doesn’t get the Beverly Allit treatment and sent to Radcliffe! Hospital wing for mental health concerns already. Self harm has risen 47% in female prisons, where is their help, attention and protection?! 🤬

I just can’t fathom how she thought it was going to end. I believe his dad wouldn’t let Arthur go back to school but I wonder if her kids did and she wasn’t able to keep it hidden she seemed to get more brazen with it towards the end by doing it front of the hair dresser still think there is more to that.

Reactions: 3
Let’s pray she don’t get any special treatment, put her in general population & don’t stick her on a ponce/child abuser wing, put her in with Arthur’s mother failing that put her in with big women who are already in there for life anyway, not cowards that can only abuse and murder babies, real hard criminals who would eat her alive.
let her live every day in fear, everyday not trusting to eat a single meal.
(top dog will have connections with the inmates who work in the kitchen..)

I hope she is made to stay alive, made to suffer. Here in the local community we as the rest of the country are so sickened by this, Birmingham loves you Arthur and although Solihull social services let you down, Solihull residents will do anything and everything (if family allow) to help give you the best send off, you deserve to be laid to rest now, we will do anything we can

Emma he had family that adored him!!!!! You absolute monster. Jealous that jealous of him you had to murder him in cold blood. I have no words
I’ve cried, I’m vomited in pure horror of the details of the case… I am numb and I didn’t personally know Arthur!!
His poor poor family 😢😢 I can’t even comprehend that this is all real sometimes! Well congratulations you’re officially the most hated woman in Britain and up there with the likes of all the well known murderers..
To name just a few

Beverly Allit
Ian Huntley
Fred and rose West
Ian Brady and Myra Hindley
Peter Sutcliffe… you get the picture
EMMA TUSTIN. You’re up there you’ll be forever known as the scummy little cowardly baby killer you are!
ROT IN HELL.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm too hoping she ends up with some real mama bears in jail, the hardened criminals who are in for years, the ones separated but actually love their children. Big mama bears who have gone to jail for their children! They would tear her to pieces. I hope she endures the suffering she put that poor, sweet, little child through.

After witnessing that ice cream video, I hope they tit in her food so she can't eat it, while the hardened inmates scoff their faces infront of her. Bang her head against the wall at repeated intervals and shove raw salt down her throat. And use her drinking water to mop the floor.
I hope they torture her. I have lost sleep not being able to take this case off my mind.

Unfortunately she will probably end up protected with the n*onces. As is often the case. Or kill herself somehow.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
TH forfeited any rights to Arthur went he was complicit in his murder. Olivia is still his mother and should have the final say about the funeral arrangements. The Hughes family needs to back off, they have caused too many problems already.
This is sickening 😢 why don't they just do it together. . . Just do it you all failed arthur when he was alive and now you won't let him sleep in peace what on earth is the Hughes family thinking especially knowing what their son and his evil wicked partner did.

Reactions: 7
This is sickening 😢 why don't they just do it together. . . Just do it you all failed arthur when he was alive and now you won't let him sleep in peace what on earth is the Hughes family thinking especially knowing what their son and his evil wicked partner did.
I agree, why on earth are the Hughes family battling Olivia's family? It's not about them, it's about a little boy who deserves the dignity of a proper funeral. Denying it to him is a disgrace and the Hughes family should pipe down.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.