Emma Tustin and Thomas Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just ice cold rage, all of it. I’ve no doubt her story is horrific, but good Lord, I have to agree with the word evil in her case.
She's a real anomaly. When people talk about life sentences and whole life tariffs, this is who it should be for.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's like she can't figure out if she's a hard nut or a poor, frail, mental ill patient. She's incredibly bizarre.
It's like she can't figure out which one will get her out of this.She's slowly realising that in terms of being an aggressive bully, she's now a very small fish in a very big pond. And those bigger fish have teeth.

Reactions: 13
Which witness does this refer to?

TH's Mum:

"I have also listened to barbed comments by a witness that the death of Arthur did not affect him, which is sickening and abhorrent."

• Wow
Reactions: 1
She's a real anomaly. When people talk about life sentences and whole life tariffs, this is who it should be for.
I couldn’t agree more. If she gets less than 30 years it will be a tragedy. That said, I honestly believe that whatever her sentence is, she will die by her own hand long before she ever reaches the end.

Reactions: 9
I don't think a whole life order is on the cards. I read over the sentencing guidelines again last night for a whole life order and I think the wording is ambiguous.

a) the murder of two or more persons where each murder involves a substantial degree of premeditation, the abduction of the victim, or sexual or sadistic conduct;
b) the murder of a child if involving the abduction of the child or sexual or sadistic motivation;
c) a murder done for the purpose of advancing a political, religious or ideological cause; or
d) a murder by an offender previously convicted of murder.

Now, I read that as abduction OR sexual OR sadistic but I think it should actually read "abduction of the child FOR sexual or sadistic motivation"

I still think it will be a strong sentence because it was sadistic in my opinion (for what it's worth) which attracts a starting point of 30 years. It just always seems that the murder of children in domestic settings is treated less seriously than a child who is abducted and I don't understand why that is. Surely a child murdered by their own parent(s) is worse?

• Sad
Saddened TH's mum didn't mention her disappointment in him to be honest 😢

The judge has began sentencing remarks. The impact statements are devastating. I am surprised TH's mum failed to mention her sons wrong doings. Probably just too much to bare. Manslaughter does carry a life sentence and I can see that being the case here.

The mother's tribute has me sobbing. To be honest it rarely left me over the past weeks, the burden of knowing how he suffered, carrying it round with me all the time and I didn't even know him. It is an indescribable punishment for her to live with and I sincerely hope she is shown compassion in prison.

• Heart
  • Sad
TH’a mum should be ashamed of herself. Tustin never forced him to kick the tit out of his kid. What a stupid witch.

Reactions: 12

Has everyone seen this video? If you scroll down to the bottom of this article then there is a video of Tustin telling lies to the police about what has happened to Arthur. In the background is the pathetic POS, Hughes and his body language is very interesting - he repeatedly puts his hands on his head which shows him in despair because he knows this is all a lie (in my opinion). I’ve seen body language experts comment on this sort of thing before.

Reactions: 11
My whole body went cold as ice reading Arthur’s mum’s statement. I can’t even being to imagine the pain she has been feeling.

• Sad
I can’t stop thinking of Arthur, this has been one of the worst cases I’ve ever read. Explaining the case to my mum the other day, who hasn’t been following it, I was choking up telling her. Its really left me heartbroken. As a mother, teacher and general un-evil human being it’s devastating to me that this young boy died feeling so unloved. There’s so many people around the country who would have loved that little boy so much. How dare this evil pair think they could treat this little boy with his own rights this way. I hope they suffer in prison I really do! It made me hug my daughter that little more tighter.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Even from the few clips I’ve seen of Arthur, it’s obvious that he was a lovely, intelligent little boy. I’m so angry.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
They are talking about Arthur on the local news now and a group of Birmingham City fans are raising money for a childrens charity in Arthur’s name and to get a flag made to put up on one of the stands at St Andrew’s Stadium ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
That’s so disappointing. They should never be allowed to see the light of day again. Let them rot.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Those maximum cruelty sentences for TH should have been added on consecutively, not concurrently.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.