Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CariettaWhite

I really think that when recruiting social workers, they maybe need to concentrate less on drippy, right-on, woke graduates with a degree in social work, and look for people who are tough enough to insist on seeing a child even though the parent has tried to turn them away. Who isn’t bothered about offending people. Who has a good healthy dose of common sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
A clean house isn’t the be all and end all. I might be a bit lazy with keeping on top of the housework at times (not to the point where it’s a health hazard obviously) but when it comes to my kids, I give them 100% and will always make sure they feel loved and cared for above all else. I really hate the thought that I could be put in SS bad books just because my house isn’t spotless and is a bit cluttered whilst the likes of TH and ET are allowed to torture a child to death.

dollycurz

Chatty Member
I hope she doesn’t get moved to a secure unit. The reception she’s receiving in prison now is even too good for her. She hasn’t shown one tiny scrap of remorse for what she’s done. I think she genuinely believes Arthur deserved that. It must have been so confusing for her children witnessing the abuse inflicted on Arthur. Even they knew right from wrong in offering him a cuddle.

• Sad

noseymama1234

Chatty Member
I can’t stop thinking about this case. My heart genuinely hurts for this poor boy. I have a baby boy of my own and I cannot even comprehend how someone can let this happen to their own flesh and blood?
I honestly hope Emma gets what’s coming to her and she doesn’t commit suicide first.
I pray everyday that the fellow prisoners get her. Sorry, I wouldn’t normally provoke violence but she deserves to be tortured just like she done to this poor beautiful innocent boy.
May he rest in peace and fly high with the angels, I hope they love him like he deserved to be loved ❤

• Heart

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
If he left school in March 2020 not deemed at risk
His background would have had him classed as a highly vulnerable child. They said he had separation anxiety, was worried his dad would kill him, use a baby voice, school would have known about his mum, he was known by SS from the age of 3. Any children not coming online we’re escalated to our senior management team or year group leaders to chase them up. I think all schools have now learnt how to handle lockdowns better, many didn’t get it right the first time but it’s a huge huge shame. He was a vulnerable child before this.

• Sad
Reactions: 16

Tots

VIP Member
A lot of malicious people report innocent parents with well looked after children for all sorts of ‘concerns’ actually. My own ‘mother’ was trying to report me to the social bragging about make believe grandparents rights when I was PREGNANT, even tho I was put into care due to long term child SA arranged by her and other men. I’m really glad family members just can’t turn up at your house and kidnap your child. Children all over the country would be at risk being pinched outside in the back garden by malicious family members who are stopped from seeing the children for good reason. But in cases like Arthur’s a family member kidnapping him would have actually saved his life. It’s a double edged sword, what saves one child would endanger another. 😞

I’d like to know what sort of ‘friend’ ET was you know. They might not of said anything if they feared her or were intimidated by her. Witnesses need to know they are safe to report such people. Another theory I have is that it was lockdown and hairdressers were not allowed to work, the hairdresser was saving her skin from a covid fine.
that’s probably right about her being a hairdresser operating when she shouldn’t. She should still have done something though, she could have rung the police anonymously for example

BattleAxing

VIP Member
Everyone has different standards. Some people have outside support that help with that shit. However when I recently had my 2 year olds health visitor check I apologised for the mess (not filth, bits of that mornings cereal on the floor, toys everywhere) to be told "oh we actually get concerned about immaculate homes". But I doubt any of this was about social services seeing a clean home and bouncing on their merry way. They genuinely failed poor Arthur for the mere fact alone no one questioned him alone about the bruising. He told the school he was scared his father would kill him, there is no doubt in my mind with the right, trained professional questioning him alone, he could have opened up further and elaborated why he felt such a way. No child should ever feel their parent is going to kill them. He wasn't a teenager caught smoking a cigarette saying "oh shit my dad's gonna kill me". He was 6 years old, children can be quite literal at that age.

There is no excuse, no more "lessons to be learnt". It seems to be a get out clause. The system needs a complete refresh, these "managers" are paid far too much, for doing very little in comparison to the ground workers. Threaten them with cuts to their pay packets! They will soon get off their arses. Also too many very young, "text book style" social workers around who just tick the boxes and haven't got a clue about child psychology (some of the younger ones barely even know how to communicate with children) or even have much life experience (which I feel is VERY important).

• Heart

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
The performative grief in that Facebook group is too much for me. Putting baubles of Arthur's face on your christmas tree? Talking about how you want to visit his grave? Sorry but I have such a problem with people who centre themselves in tragedies. Reminds me of that wee girl who died from leukemia. It's easier to show social media how sad you are rather than do the hard work of actual change.

• Heart

Scoobadob

I agree. What a total miscarriage of justice to let the father off with manslaughter. I do not understand that verdict at all. Even the father confessed to ET that he was guilty and 'didnt have a leg to stand on' when they were being secretly recorded in the tranport van. Its the last thing that society could do for Arthur, to make sure they got properly punished and yet he will be out in 13 years! He will still be young only just past 40 able to have a whole life. That is not appropriate after what he did.

The father seemed to want him dead. He made so many threats of killing him even before he met ET. How was he expecting it to end in anything other than the boys death? He knew he couldnt send him back to school as they would see the abuse in a second. He knew the boy was starving. He knew the violence was escalating. He just didnt want to be the one to do it so told her to do it instead. I think the jury just fell for his 'Im just a feckless stupid man under the spell of evil Emma' routine. In reality he was the one responsible for keeping Arthur safe and he knowingly sent him to his death. He is more guilty if anythint. I actually agree with ETs defence barrister that there is no way she would have done any of it without having his express or implied consent.

• Angry
  • Sad

heatmagazine

Chatty Member
What I’d like to know is how many reports are made to SS by family members that actually are malicious/wrong? In Star’s case SS definitely told FS it was malicious. I can’t remember with Arthur, if it was just case closed after that brief visit. But in both these cases the family reports/concerns just weren’t taken seriously.

But my gut feeling based on no knowledge whatsoever is surely it wouldn’t be very common for family to do this without good reason? So why aren’t those reports from family taken more seriously. Why aren’t medical examinations mandatory, at least in certain circumstances like photo evidence from a family member of a severe, non-typical bruise for a child. Maybe this is on Google somewhere but I don’t want to go down that rabbit hole at this time of night. But I’ve been pondering it.
A lot of malicious people report innocent parents with well looked after children for all sorts of ‘concerns’ actually. My own ‘mother’ was trying to report me to the social bragging about make believe grandparents rights when I was PREGNANT, even tho I was put into care due to long term child SA arranged by her and other men. I’m really glad family members just can’t turn up at your house and kidnap your child. Children all over the country would be at risk being pinched outside in the back garden by malicious family members who are stopped from seeing the children for good reason. But in cases like Arthur’s a family member kidnapping him would have actually saved his life. It’s a double edged sword, what saves one child would endanger another. 😞

the public need to know these things happen so that if they are ever in the hairdresser’s shoes, they will KNOW without a doubt they NEED to get involved.
I’d like to know what sort of ‘friend’ ET was you know. They might not of said anything if they feared her or were intimidated by her. Witnesses need to know they are safe to report such people. Another theory I have is that it was lockdown and hairdressers were not allowed to work, the hairdresser was saving her skin from a covid fine.

Last edited:

Nora Fenn

Chatty Member
That is beautiful, what wonderful people you and your husband are 💖
Thank you but we’re just normal parents. We had been thinking about if for a while but Arthur has made our decision for us. To think he died believing nobody loved him, my heart is broken 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I've got two boys similar age and I'm finding myself feeling guilty for everything I do. Like Arthur would have loved this. Or even giving them a treat, I feel guilty. I keep replaying the video over in my head, worrying about how unloved he felt. It's just shocking.

• Sad

BattleAxing

VIP Member
I don’t think I have ever been so disturbed by anything as I have this case. I can’t stop thinking about that dear little boys suffering. I cried when I watched the news, I cried cooking tea on Friday. I have done some Xmas shopping this morning and I don’t feel any joy, I just keep wondering how sad Arthur’s Xmas’s must have been.
I can’t unsee the footage on the news, nor can I unhear the evidence I have heard and it’s eating away at me.
I wonder if it’s because my grandson is just a couple of years younger and looks a bit like Arthur? Said Grandson has known nothing but love and the thought of anyone hurting him is horrific. Much as my partner is disgusted by this case too, I think he’s getting a bit fed up if seeing me mope about with red eyes!
Please can someone tell me I am not alone!!
My partner is currently in prison. He's not usually the type to get upset easily but this what this pair done to Arthur has got to him just as much as me. When we talk he will bring this case up often. I can hear anger in his voice. Even to where he is holding back tears. I don't think even think the toughest have not been affected by those recordings especially. You are not alone.

God bless little Arthur 🙏

• Heart

This.is.me

VIP Member
I thought so too. Despite being in prison herself, she should have full rights to where Arthur should lay to rest. Did the family courts ever have her PR taken from her? As this could very well be the reason why they haven't released his body for his send off.
She would still have her PR, this is only removed when a child is adopted. Even if a parent is sent to prison they still have PR, obviously it is restricted by default but it is likely to only be restricted by the family courts if the crime was directly against the child.

If only the social worker or police requested Arthur had a medical assessment, I really believe he would have been saved and placed with a family member or foster carer 😢 all of the other injuries would have been observed and there is no way he would have been sent back to live with those monsters 😭

• Sad

SmudgeTheCat

Chatty Member
SS have no argument they can’t say lack of resources or blame Covid cause they went out within 24 hours of reviving the call and visit the house in person they just didn’t do their job properly.
A immaculate house is a red flag when you have kids. The fact that TH wanted to meet in a car park was a red flag this is all basic safeguarding training yet these were supposedly experienced professionals.

I don’t want to hear any more lessons learnt as the lessons are NEVER learnt
I think that’s silly that an immaculate house is a red flag. Nah, do you know what a red flag is? Family members telling you a child is being abused and showing you pictures of bruises etc.

CariettaWhite

You mean if they would have done their job correctly. But instead of taking into account the photos that had been taken of his bruises, they chose to believe because they had a clean house all was fine. They must know the golden rule only people with messy houses can be child abusers 😤
Oh but SW are so underfunded and underpaid and overworked and and and…

I for one am sick of the excuses. If the SW who didn’t see the bruises on Arthur had been paid more would it have magically improved her eyesight?

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Do they?? I wasn’t sure… well I do hope so!
Oh yeah they have TVS and even play stations. I know someone who's in jail and having spoken to them it's become apparent the prisoners have taken a special interest in Mr.Hughes.